Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By Trodorne

@Walley said:

Looks really good, I never read anything from Dynamite beside there Evil Dead stuff. Love Alex Ross cover ^.^

Thats just crazy talk. your pretty much saying you have not read anything of dynamite till now. I think they have a few great series worth reading and infact they are really starting to pull me away from the big 2.

@Decept-O said:

I like that design quite a bit. Moonstone has been doing a regular run of The Spider and in a pulp style, veering off from the traditional comic book format. In their rendition, they have about a 1/2 page showing art and the lower portion with the story text underneath on each page. The Spider is public domain so it is interesting to see this version. Again, I love that costume design.

agreed, ive seen Moonstone do their regular run but never really picked it up. but the costume does look interesting. I bet its just a light cloth with EL tape acting as the spider web lines.

Outside of that I REALLY LOVE Francesco Francavilla cover arts that he did for Dark Shadow, and Flash Gordon Zeitgeist.

WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By WildValentine

The amount of people in this thread accusing the Spider being a rip-off is hilarious! Ignorance at its finest.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#53  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@WildValentine said:

The amount of people in this thread accusing the Spider being a rip-off is hilarious! Ignorance at its finest.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By Decept-O

@Trodorne: Wow, thanks for the links. He really managed to convey the Silver and Bronze Age Dell Comics feel for those covers on Dark Shadows. Hmm.. I haven't even speculated how the costume design for The Spider is created, but that would be a guess, using some type of tape of that nature. Regardless, the web design is a nice touch, I really like the look of it.

db8coach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By db8coach

I will probably pick this up because of two reasons 1. I love the stuff that Dynamite is doing right now, 2. I love this pulpy kind of hero stuff. BUT, is this needed? Dynamite is already doing Green Hornet AND the Shadow.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By jsphsmth

@db8coach said:

I will probably pick this up because of two reasons 1. I love the stuff that Dynamite is doing right now, 2. I love this pulpy kind of hero stuff. BUT, is this needed? Dynamite is already doing Green Hornet AND the Shadow.

The main reason that the series is set in modern times is to distuinguish it from The Shadow which launches in April.

As to there being too many pulp heroes at Dynamite, don't they publish multiple comics featuring Red Sonja, Vampirella, and John Carter each month? If Dynamite can support multiple titles featuring the same characters, then they can support multiple 'pulps' featuring different characters.