• 68 results
Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

Courtesy of DC's The Source, here's the September solicits for the younger teams and characters of the DC Universe.

TEEN TITANS #1

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL

Art and cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND

On sale SEPTEMBER 28 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US * RATED T

Tim Drake, Batman's former sidekick, is back in action when an international organization seeks to capture, kill or co-opt super-powered teenagers.
As Red Robin, he's going to have to team up with the mysterious and belligerent powerhouse thief known as Wonder Girl and the hyperactive speedster calling himself Kid Flash to stand any chance at all against a living, breathing weapon with roots in another world! They - along with a few other tortured teen heroes - will be the Teen Titans in this new series from writer Scott Lobdell (WILDC.A.T.S, Uncanny X-Men) and artist Brett Booth (JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA)!
== TEASER ==

STATIC SHOCK #1

Written by SCOTT McDANIEL and JOHN ROZUM

Art and cover by SCOTT McDANIEL and

JONATHAN GLAPION

On sale SEPTEMBER 7 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US * RATED T

The brilliant, slightly awkward high school student Virgil Hawkins transforms into the cocky electromagnetic hero Static!
A mysterious tragedy forces the Hawkins family to relocate from Dakota to New York City! Virgil embarks upon new adventures in a new high school and a new internship at S.T.A.R. Labs!
As Static, he dons a new uniform and establishes a new secret headquarters! But is he ready to take on the new villains who lurk in New York City's underworld?

HAWK AND DOVE #1

Written by STERLING GATES

Art and cover by ROB LIEFELD

On sale SEPTEMBER 7 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US * RATED T

Hank Hall is not happy. He's not happy to have Dawn Granger as a new partner in his war on crime. He's not happy that she's dating the ghostly Super Hero, Deadman. He's not happy to learn that someone is trying to plunge the United States into a new civil war! Now it's up to Hawk and Dove to root out the forces behind this conflict and stop them before they turn the U.S. into a wasteland!
And who is the monster lurking in the shadows, watching Hawk and Dove from afar? Find out in this new series from Sterling Gates (FLASHPOINT: KID FLASH LOST) and artist Rob Liefeld (X-Force, Youngblood)!

BLUE BEETLE #1

Written by TONY BEDARD

Art by IG GUARA and RUY JOSE

Cover by TYLER KIRKHAM and SAL REGLA

On sale SEPTEMBER 21 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US * RATED T

It's not easy being Jaime Reyes. He has to deal with high school, family and all the drama that comes with being a teenager. Also, he's linked to a powerful scarab created by an alien race known as the Reach who seek to subjugate planets - or annihilate them. It's up to one teen hero to turn this instrument of destruction into a force for good.

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #1

Written by PAUL LEVITZ

Art by FRANCIS PORTELA

Cover by KARL KERSCHL

On sale SEPTEMBER 21 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US * RATED T

The Legion of Super-Heroes has been decimated by the worst disaster in its history. Now, the students of the Legion Academy must rise to the challenge of helping the team rebuild - but a threat of almost unstoppable power is rising at the edge of Dominator space, and if the new recruits fail, the Legion Espionage Squad may be the first casualties in a war that could split worlds in half!

LEGION LOST #1

Written by FABIAN NICIEZA

Art and cover by PETE WOODS

On sale SEPTEMBER 14 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US * RATED T

Seven heroes from the 31st century have traveled back to the present day. Their mission: Save their future from annihilation. But when the future tech they brought with them fails, they find themselves trapped in a nightmarish world that, for them, is the ultimate struggle to survive!
Don't miss the start of this all-new LEGION series illustrated by Pete Woods - fresh off his spectacular run on ACTION COMICS - who is joined by writer Fabian Nicieza (RED ROBIN)!
Staff
#1 Posted by HubrisRanger (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Only really interested in the Legion stuff here, though afraid that Legion Lost is probably on thebad side of "totally going to only last six months" divide.

#2 Posted by GreenArrow789 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

i like this a lot.

#3 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Could the living breathing weapon from another world be Power Girl?

#4 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@HubrisRanger said:

Only really interested in the Legion stuff here, though afraid that Legion Lost is probably on thebad side of "totally going to only last six months" divide.

Im actually really excited for Legion Lost. Out of all these books, im most excited for Legion Lost. I dont even read Legion of Super heroes but it seems like a really good concept. It would be awesome if these Legion members stayed in the present forever. Id like to see these characters in other teams and stuff. It would be pretty cool. I like this kind of fish out of water idea.
#5 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Really, really wish Rob Liefeld would stop getting work.

#6 Posted by HubrisRanger (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123

95% of the reason I'm interested in the series is the creative team. Nicieza has always been underrated in my opinion, and he's only gotten better over the years. Meanwhile, Pete Woods art on his Action Comics run was just spectacular. So yeah...great team on what should be a fun teen action book has promise. Just hope people buy it; the fact that it is on the bottom of this solicit sheet is a bad omen, me thinks.

#7 Posted by SleepyDrug (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Did they describe Wonder Girl as a thief?!?  Cassie never struck me as mysterious, belligerent, or a thief.
#8 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still annoyed they've placed Static in New York, instead of integrating the Dakotaverse into the DCU. I'm sure a few of his original rogues and allies will appear, but doing this wasn't necessary in the first place.

#9 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@HubrisRanger: Well ive heard more talk of Legion Lost than Legion of Super Heroes. 
You should do the survey on Comicbookresources to see which comics people are picking up the most. 
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32751
#10 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@SleepyDrug: Yea that is complete overhaul. Cassie's too nice to be a thief.
#11 Posted by kumo4033 (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
thank you for agreeing with me on that one.
#12 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to Teen Titans, I like the new ideas behind the characters. Especially Wonder Girl. I do enjoy Lobdell, hope it's good.
#13 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@SleepyDrug:  Cassie has definitely shown herself to be belligerent over the course of her history, as for her being mysterious, since these Titan's haven't met each other before, a person calling herself Wonder Girl when you've never heard of there being such a person opens itself up for mysteriousness. 
#14 Posted by SleepyDrug (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrUnknown

I would need more info to buy the Titans.  We have Tim, Bart (I assume), Conner (modeled off the cartoon), Cassie (modeled off Ares), and a bunch of unknown and probably new members fighting....an unknown. 

Are any of these (besides Tim) the characters we have grown to love?

#15 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
Same here. I'm surprised there isn't a belt pocket in sight.
#16 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@NXH:   I'm more surprised there aren't any random pouches.
#17 Posted by SleepyDrug (75 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita
I've never viewed Cassie as belligerent.  A belligerent person seeks to start conflict or fights.  This is an attitude usually applied to someone like Ares, Sabretooth, or even Nomad (Jack Monroe).  Cassie hasn't really been someone that wants to start fights because she likes conflict.  She has been aggressive, passionate, and bold.  Thief is the other description that bothers me here.  This Wonder Girl sounds more like a villain than a hero.  Mysterious is the least questionable trait here.
#18 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@SleepyDrug:  Belligerent, as an adjective, is used to describe people who are aggressive and or hostile, compile that with the fact that most of her powers derive from Ares the God of War, and the symbol of anger and hostility, the description fits.
#19 Posted by SleepyDrug (75 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita
It has been a bit since I've read Titans.  But I don't recall Cassie being quite that hostile.  I also thought Zeus was established as her father and power source (other than the Lasso).  Have there been more recent changes that they are drawing on for this?  Or is it possible that this isn't Cassie?
#20 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk and Dove looks great to me and I like the cover by Rob. Yes, I said it... 

#21 Edited by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@SleepyDrug:   After Conner died, Cassie was more openly hostile with others especially Tim.  This hostility has dimmed down, but in battle, Cassie is as aggressive as they come. 

Edit:  Also, when the Greek Pantheon left Earth, she gave into Ares and replaced half of her power with his.
#22 Posted by gethere (164 posts) - - Show Bio
@SleepyDrug said:

@MrUnknown

I would need more info to buy the Titans.  We have Tim, Bart (I assume), Conner (modeled off the cartoon), Cassie (modeled off Ares), and a bunch of unknown and probably new members fighting....an unknown. 

Are any of these (besides Tim) the characters we have grown to love?

@SleepyDrug: yeah, it been confirmed it Bart, but what it do get is the way they confirmed it was him. With one of the writers say that tape S-shield on superboy back was was done by bart. 
#23 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome you can see Tim's hair again ^^ I love everything about this

#24 Posted by ltbrd (562 posts) - - Show Bio

My fear is that they are going to go WAAAAYYY over the top with the Teen Titans and we're all going to have horrible relapses of 90's Marvel or the Titans team that Arsenal had following Zero Hour. 

I actually like 99% of Drake's new look but the wings are just stupid and they should have stuck with a black and red cape.  

But the real change I think they should make to Drake's character is...........NOT CALLING HIM RED ROBIN. Think about it. When Dick left he didn't start calling himself Blue Robin. He came up with a completely new name. Why can't Tim do the same? So what should his new name be...................................Talon. 

Now alot of people may be thinking "Talon? That's a dumb name. Why Talon". Well, Talon was Tim Drake as the second sidekick of Owlman on Earth-3 (the home of the Crime Syndicate of America) and the Talon uniform was...........BLACK AND RED with a feather looking cape. So all this would be doing is bringing a multiverse character name into the New Earth timeline. At the same time it would show how Tim's character has evolved passed the Robin identity into his own hero though still tied to the Bat Family.
#25 Posted by The Stegman (24414 posts) - - Show Bio

getting the two legion stuff and teen titans, and MAYBE static

#26 Posted by humanfly26 (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

Is "T" the lowest rating? Where are the E for Everybody books?

#27 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Titans kinda sounds like Avengers Academy. And belligerent powerhouse thief Wonder Girl? Yeah I dunno about that.

#28 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! Looks like it's gonna be a teenage Legion again xD

#29 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

I never thought of Hawk and Dove as young...lol 

Superboy looks cool but other than that they all kinda dumb in the Teen Titans. 

Titans and the two Legion books have me interested...

#30 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
I never thought of Hawk and Dove as young...lol  Superboy looks cool but other than that they all kinda dumb in the Teen Titans.  Titans and the two Legion books have me interested...
I never thought of Legion of Super Heroes as "young"
#31 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Red Robins look, but only if his wings spread out like that because of a cape, sort of like Batman.  If they're like Falcons from Marvel it's weak.  Would have been nice to know who those other characters are. 
#32 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
Motto
#33 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

So wait, is this Wonder Girl Donna?  Cassie?  What's going on here?! 
Anyway, none of these series really appeal to me.  Teen Titans looks alright, and I could see maybe reading Static Shock, but I wouldn't mind just skipping all these.

#34 Edited by Sekele (276 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrUnknown said:

More likely Superboy, but I'm open to alternatives 
#35 Posted by Ice Princess (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Only one I'll add to my pull list will be Hawk and Dove. Legion Lost, Legion of Super-Heroes, and Teen Titans I'll definitely do trades for.

#36 Edited by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hawk and Dove might be a sleeper hit!

#37 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

YES new Teen Titans and Static! They are going to rock!
#38 Posted by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to teen titans, Static and Blue beetle.

#39 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Titans I'm not too keen on, but I will check out Static and Hawk and Dove.

#40 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

static & teen titans only from the list.

#41 Posted by waruikumo (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Static and Blue Beettle for sure.  I is such a SHAME McDuffie is not here to do this. 

I may give Teen Titans a try. 

Too bad about Liefeld on Hawk and Dove, I enjoyed Sterling Gates run in the Superman Krypton war cross overs.

#42 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

so who's the Witchblade-wannabe in the Teen Titans then? she a  new character?  

#43 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that the superman symbol TAPED onto Superboy's back? I think I know why he's my favorite DC character again ^^

#44 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira said:
Is that the superman symbol TAPED onto Superboy's back? I think I know why he's my favorite DC character again ^^
Yeah. In an interview, the artist explained that the original didn't have a symbol on him, so they made Bart put a "kick me" sign on his back to show that he was Superboy. The barcode tattoo was added later.
#45 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrUnknown said:
I doubt it. I feel like it's Superboy, from the description of his personal title.
#46 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
lol. this. Someone needs to send him to reality camp so his art will stop looking like its on steroids.

@SleepyDrug said:
@Amegashita: It has been a bit since I've read Titans.  But I don't recall Cassie being quite that hostile.  I also thought Zeus was established as her father and power source (other than the Lasso).  Have there been more recent changes that they are drawing on for this?  Or is it possible that this isn't Cassie?

i think this is her... just her new "this is not a reboot but it is" treatment. I dont like it either. 
 bit no, she was never that hostile. She was a goody two shoes who didnt really develop a backbone (outside of her hero work) until conner died.
#47 Posted by CrimsonInuTears (465 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh good, he was still a Robin before. That rumor irked me alot.

#48 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

IM digging Robin and Kid Flash's costumes :)

#49 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9064 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the plot for Teen Titans. I am not a big fan that Wonder Girl is going to a thief. Wonder girl is to much of a goodie goodie to be a thief. But Static Shock is getting more and more interesting 

#50 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Red Robin's costume; I don't care what anyone else says about it :p 

Static Shock is looking good too but why no Dakota? :(