DC Unveils WORLDS' FINEST #3 Cover

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There's no questioning that the idea of reintroducing Earth-2 into the "New 52" universe is a daring move. I've mentioned that it could cause some confusion for new readers who might not know or understand the history of the characters and how they related before. In WORLDS' FINEST, we'll be seeing the Earth-2 versions of Huntress and Power Girl trapped on in main DC Universe. While there may be confusion, it is going to make some interesting stories when they meet up with the counterparts of those they were close to.

Today, DC revealed the cover to WORLDS' FINEST #3. With this sort of action, how long until they meet up with the other heroes in the "New 52"?

No Caption Provided

WORLDS' FINEST will be written by Paul Levitz. with art by George Perez and Kevin Maguire. Issue #3 is on sale in July.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

That..looks amazing...

BurnSide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BurnSide

looks like they made some tweaks to powergirls costume. or is that just me?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Billy Batson

dat power girl's costume
BB

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KnightRise

has anyone seen the variant cover that shows the complete front power girls costume in this picture? the other new one looks alot better

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Now that suit I can get into. Looks really nice to me.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By jointron33

Helena Wayne........shoot me now........ugh

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cagedleo730

@BurnSide: The tweaks were made before the George Perez cover came out. However, someone failed to get the changes to Perez before he sent in the cover to the printers. Kevin Maguire is the one who designed the new costume for PG. There is a variant to issue 1 floating around by Maguire. You get a front shot of the costume.

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cagedleo730

@jointron33: If you've read the Huntress mini, which I doubt, you'd know that this version of Huntress will be a mix of Bertinelli and Wayne, character-wise.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bladewolf

I find it funny that 2 of the 3 covers revealed so far show Powergirl getting owned by something.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Billy Batson

@bladewolf said:

I find it funny that 2 of the 3 covers revealed so far show Powergirl getting owned by something.

How is that getting owned? She's holding down a plane...
BB

Rise2Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rise2Ragnarok

Even though i'm not the biggest fan of PG's new costume, I'm still very much looking forward to this book.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By rav4

Is it just me, or does PG's new costume looks like an 80's track suit? I'm all for updating her costume, but it's kind of sad when fans on the internet can come up with much better looking redesigns than DC...

I would take any one of these costumes over what they're going with right now.

FrankenKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By FrankenKong

I thought for a moment Powergirl was stopping Kal El's baby rocket from crashing? o.O how trippy would that have been? Anyhow I think the costume redesign is interesting. I just hope they have a good origin for her for the costume. The Huntress looks just as sexy and deadly as she ever has.

Avatar image for thegeekcritique
TheGeekCritique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGeekCritique

Looks like DC heard the complaints and decided to add a jet to Power Girl's costume. It does give it a little more street cred.

GeekyEverAfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GeekyEverAfter

Helena Wayne must be a fool if she thinks shes better than the original Huntress :P

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KnightRise

@Ravager4: most fan made designs i see have something that makes them look better than the artist version, i dont know if thats an lol or an smh

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rav4

@KnightRise said:

@Ravager4: most fan made designs i see have something that makes them look better than the artist version, i dont know if thats an lol or an smh

I'm gonna go with both on that

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#18  Edited By The Impersonator

I missed her BBs. =P

sinful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By sinful

The whole this will confused New Readers and such. I kinda agreed to that in the beginning, but for someone who starts reading comics, more than likely they has access to the internet where they can research upon it. It's the 90's. People should study if they want to understand it.

Love me some Huntress. So does my wife after getting her the Mini-Series. I got her into comics when New 52 came out. She asked questions about Earth two and I answered them. If that's worth anything.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Awesome cover. I will probably pick up issue 1 to see how this series will play out. I hope that it will be good.

ShepRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShepRad

are you guys kidding? the new suit is awful!

Triumphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Triumphant

New suit looks good. Glad she's back in the game.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

YES

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Onemoreposter

I'm boycotting DCnU power girl till we get the window back

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By obscurefan

@Ravager4 said:

Is it just me, or does PG's new costume looks like an 80's track suit? I'm all for updating her costume, but it's kind of sad when fans on the internet can come up with much better looking redesigns than DC...

That's something I realized right after the DCNu relaunch, I just started typing into DA searches for fan redesigns of costumes and I don't know why but it does seem like 75% of fans on the net can come up with better redesigns than both DC and Marvel.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rav4

@obscurefan said:

@Ravager4 said:

That's something I realized right after the DCNu relaunch, I just started typing into DA searches for fan redesigns of costumes and I don't know why but it does seem like 75% of fans on the net can come up with better redesigns than both DC and Marvel.

Maybe DC should start calling some of these people to hire them for costume concepts... and fire whoever's designing some of these godawful ones.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Or35ti

Wow that's an awesome cover!

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

I may pick up Earth 2, still undecided about World's Finest -- ironically it's not because of Power Girl's new costume though, I actually don't think it's too bad.

ShepRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShepRad
No Caption Provided

Power girls costume was always about TITS. stop pretending that it wasn't. I want her back. Thank you Adam Hughes.

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By obscurefan

@Ravager4 said:

@obscurefan said:

@Ravager4 said:

Maybe DC should start calling some of these people to hire them for costume concepts... and fire whoever's designing some of these godawful ones.

Yeah, I can't believe that Jim Lee would let such horrible costume designs make it to print, he should really fire whoever it is that's creating them... what's that? ... Jim Lee himself is creating these horrible designs? ... Oh...

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#31  Edited By BurningDoom1

I don't think an alternate universe should be too confusing for comic readers. It's nothing new to them. And that artwork looks fantastic!

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rav4

Yeah, the cover and the artwork itself as a whole looks fantastic. It's just that damn costume of Power Girl's that's seriously holding it back. I want to be excited for this series, I want to enjoy the artwork, but every time I see PG in that costume, I just want to throw it against the wall in disgust. Power Girl is supposed to be a sexy but powerful super hero, not a member of the Polish Speed Skating team.

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By KidSupreme

now this i have beeen waiting for for awhile .. i cant wait!!

tamabone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 62

#34  Edited By tamabone

@SelinaWayne: You are aware that Helena Wayne WAS the first heroine called HUNTRESS.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

#35  Edited By shawn87

Not feeling it

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By Miss_Garrick

I love Perez's design of PG's costume.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SmoothJammin

Window or GTFO

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38  Edited By kennybaese

Wait, so the redesign got redesigned on Power Girl? How did I miss this?

Anyway, I like the new design for the most part. Only having the red cover half of her chest is a little weird, but it's definitely better than the first cover we saw.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#39  Edited By Lvenger

@Ravager4 said:

I don't really like the look of 3 much. The blue and gold colour scheme on the bottom half doesn't appeal to me. Having said that, the other three are great costumes for Power Girl though personally I don't mind the new one. Doesn't draw as much attention as its predecessor.

_Pronto_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By _Pronto_

Huh, seems pretty cool ,but PG's new suit is looking a bit too retro for me overall.

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By save.me.now

As a fan, I'm just glad to see power girl again. The costume would have to be a lot worse for me to let it distract me from her return to DC comics.

B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By B'Town

I'm not a Power Girl fan. I'm not a hater but I've never gone out of my way to read her. I do love Huntress though so I'm pulling this. I hope Power Girl will be a bonus to what I believe it going to be a fun book.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#43  Edited By ImperiousRix

I really really kinda hate Power Girl's new costume.

And no, it really isn't about the boobs. It's just a really gaudy, poorly designed, and awkward-looking costume that she's sporting now. I don't mind change, but make the change something that looks good. Look at Huntress, she ditched the stomach window while keeping the same basic look to her costume and it works.

Also, I'd just like to say whilst I will likely give this series a shot, I'm really baffled at the idea of them introducing an Earth-2 right after they re-launched their entire brand.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rav4

@ImperiousRix said:

I really really kinda hate Power Girl's new costume.

And no, it really isn't about the boobs. It's just a really gaudy, poorly designed, and awkward-looking costume that she's sporting now. I don't mind change, but make the change something that looks good. Look at Huntress, she ditched the stomach window while keeping the same basic look to her costume and it works.

My sentiments exactly. A lot of people think that those complaining about the new costume just want the cleavage. While it might be that way for some, for a lot of fans it's either a secondary issue or a non issue altogether. I could certainly live with no boob window or any cleavage altogether if the rest of her outfit was well designed, striking, and nice to look at. What I can't live with, is cringing every time I look at her costume, and wishing that it were something else entirely. The latest artwork we've seen from this series so far looks really great as a whole, which would ordinarily be awesome. Buuut, when I'm constantly forced to imagine something else in place of PG's new costume while reading, I get the feeling that it will detract from some of the enjoyment that I could be taking from it.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By dernman
@obscurefan:  DA searches? Where do you usually do them? I like seeing alternate designs.
Kalliste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Kalliste

That looks perfect.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By htb106

@FrankenKong said:

I thought for a moment Powergirl was stopping Kal El's baby rocket from crashing? o.O how trippy would that have been? Anyhow I think the costume redesign is interesting. I just hope they have a good origin for her for the costume. The Huntress looks just as sexy and deadly as she ever has.

i thought the exact same thing only not the last part just the rocket bit

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jsphsmth

@SelinaWayne: Helena Wayne is the original Huntress. She was created in the 70s. Helena Bertinelli was the abomination that was created in the 80s, post-Crisis.

daedalus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#49  Edited By daedalus25

@jsphsmth said:

@SelinaWayne: Helena Wayne is the original Huntress. She was created in the 70s. Helena Bertinelli was the abomination that was created in the 80s, post-Crisis.

Not to nitpick, but the original Huntress was Paula Brooks from the 40s. And I completely disagree that Bertinelli was an abomination. I think she was the most interesting of all of them.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TAneT62

nice