• 53 results
Posted by G-Man (30645 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Comics caught me off guard this morning. We're all looking forward to the new BATMAN, INCORPORATED series. Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham are going to deliver big things but today DC exclusively revealed the Frank Quitely variant for the first issue.

It may not fully reflect what's going on inside. It may be a simple image of Batman and Robin. But it just looks so good.

BATMAN, INCORPORATED is on sale May 23, 2012.

Staff
#1 Posted by ObsideonDarman (62 posts) - - Show Bio

PUMPED!

#2 Posted by GBrutality (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Quitely has such a stand out style of art, this is real nice. is he doing the series as well?

#3 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover art got a "Don't screw with us", feel to it. I like it.

#4 Posted by TheWalkingComicbookfan (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Brillant cover! They look so serious......

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (57767 posts) - - Show Bio

ewww.
BB

#6 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11113 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Dick Grayson's version of Batman.

#7 Posted by revbucky (306 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman looks cool but Robin is kind of funky looking.

#8 Edited by microwave25 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly Frank Quitely is a comic God! I love what I have seen of the interior art aswell so I think I'm going to give the first issue a go but I really thought the initial run was dumb and over the top.

#9 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate it when variant covers look so good because I never ever buy variants.

#10 Posted by CrackedVersion00 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

It reminds me of those scenes Tarantino does in his movies..

Can't wait to get this book!

#11 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

ewww.
BB

Haters gonna hate.
#12 Posted by The Impersonator (5023 posts) - - Show Bio

@ObsideonDarman said:

PUMPED!

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (57767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Billy Batson said:

ewww.
BB

Haters gonna hate.

You don't say?
BB

#14 Posted by TheMilkywayDude (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it! I sure hope he's Frank Quitely is drawing a series soon I'll buy anything with his art!

#15 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson: Go back to admiring Liefeld's artwork, Billy.
#16 Posted by Billy Batson (57767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_:

Meh.

BB

#17 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson: You don't say? :P
#18 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian's hair reminds me of the troll doll.

#19 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm huge fan of Quitely's work but I don't think this is a great cover.

#20 Posted by TDK_88 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@Morpheus_:

Meh.

BB

This.

#21 Posted by deadpool25mm (577 posts) - - Show Bio

SAY CHEESE!!!

#22 Posted by RalfvdH (648 posts) - - Show Bio

I always had a hate/love relation with Quitely's art...

Totally didn't like his X-men run.... but I loved it in Batman and Robin....

This cover its a bit off both....I love how Batman came out... but I totally don't like the face of Damian

The mask troubles me...

But I trust Frank Quitely.... if he was supposed to do the art in the book then it was in good hands... His pages designs are incredible.... even if the style isn't your taste.

Don't know the work of Chris Burnham... So we will see..

#23 Posted by Sammo21 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, I am really not digging that one bit.

On a slightly related not I wish all of Grant Morrison's run had been retconned including Batman INC, Batman RIP, and the Return of Bruce Wayne. What he did to Batman about got me out of DC Comics entirely.

#24 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWalkingComicbookfan said:

Brillant cover! They look so serious......

when are they not?

and I completely agree that it's a good cover

#25 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, I don't like Damian's face at all in this. I don't feel bad about not getting a variant for this. Show me a Dustin Nguyen one, though, and I'll be all over that!

#26 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

So, someone else is going to write Grant Morrison's creation, oh well, that was fast.

#27 Posted by feargalr (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't get if this book is going to continue on from the last series or start fresh, both are weird concepts within the new 52 I think, but I'll still check it out, love me some Damien Wayne

#28 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr: First solicit mentions Leviathan and the fall out of that, so I'm assuming it just continues directly from the first volume.

#29 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

So, someone else is going to write Grant Morrison's creation, oh well, that was fast.

What? No they're not.

DC Comics caught me off guard this morning. We're all looking forward to the new BATMAN, INCORPORATED series. Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham are going to deliver big things
#30 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@Deadcool said:

What? No they're not.

DC Comics caught me off guard this morning. We're all looking forward to the new BATMAN, INCORPORATED series. Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham are going to deliver big things

Oh... Damn it... I didn't read the OP...

#31 Edited by feargalr (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Cool thanks. I wasn't too into that storyline though.. hmmm. However I will check it out before judging like a good little comic book fan.

#32 Posted by kaleb2470 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Quitely is a damn god. Its an abomination that he's wasting all his talent on another Millar book.

#33 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok now someone please answer these for me. Is that Dick Grayson or Bruce Wayne because now I'm confused lol

#34 Posted by johnny_spam (2032 posts) - - Show Bio

@GT-Man: It's Bruce DC unfortunately ditched that costume he wore in the last series in exchange for the design in Justice League.

#35 Posted by kennybaese (1098 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I still the only one that misses the bat-suit design from Batman Inc?

#36 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrackedVersion00 said:

It reminds me of those scenes Tarantino does in his movies..

Can't wait to get this book!

Haha definitely looks like the trunk shot Tarantino likes to do. What a prick!

#37 Posted by yo_yo_fun (641 posts) - - Show Bio

That freakin looks AWESOME!

#38 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

YES, that's what we need DC More batman spinoff's and superman books. Not to mention the stupid court of owls stunt to get me to read the other dumb 52 titles I refuse to pick up. I'm having a hard time continuing to drop 70 dollars a month for what I'm grabbing now, my electric and gas bill combined aren't as expensive as your mediocre comic books. 16 pages of story and some crappy side story in the back I don't really care about.

Lets meet deadlines by giving them less of what they want, add in some crap "IN ANIME THEY CALL THIS FILLER" in the back so they still get a 30 page book, 10 of which are advertisements and raise the price a dollar.

GENIUS!!!

#39 Edited by darth_geekboy (12 posts) - - Show Bio

this art by quitely reminds me so much of the french comic book artist moebius. and i loved moebius.

#40 Posted by sentryman555 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnny_spam said:

@GT-Man: It's Bruce DC unfortunately ditched that costume he wore in the last series in exchange for the design in Justice League.

Thats too bad. I always liked the bat in the yellow symbol better than just the plain black bat on his chest. Does that mean Dick is back to being Nightwing in Batman Inc.?

#41 Posted by mickoreo_LZ (250 posts) - - Show Bio

God I miss the days when Morrison and Quitely were doing Batman & Robin. What a magical creative team. They need to do another Bat-title together

#42 Posted by johnny_spam (2032 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555: It looks like the next Batman Inc volume is mostly about Bruce, Damian and Talia nothing on Dick in the story yet he may now be a character for Higgins and Snyder.

#43 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm assuming that is Dick-Bats not Quitely's take on Bruce in his New52 costume.

I obviously cant speak for anyone else, but I LOVED Batman Inc. in the DCU, but it doesn't really fit into New52 at all. Also Leviathan was pretty awful. So to me, it doesn't feel right for this to be the swan song for the classic DCU.

#44 Posted by Loki2u (208 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid Question:

Can someone phoenetically spell out how to properly pronounce Quitely?

Thanks!

#45 Posted by cagedleo730 (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki2u: Kwi-tly. It's a play on Quite Frankly. Get it! It's not his real name.

#46 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@Morpheus_ said:

@Billy Batson said:

ewww.
BB

Haters gonna hate.

You don't say?
BB

Personally I hate Frank Quitely`s artwork (notice I wrote personally meaning my own opinion). His artwork is unique but not at all to my liking. Although I will disagree and argue with people when they say he is one of the most prolific artist in the field right now.

#47 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@cagedleo730 said:

@Loki2u: Kwi-tly. It's a play on Quite Frankly. Get it! It's not his real name.

Follow-up question... How would you pronounce his real name "Deighan".. Daygan? Deygan? Dijon?

#48 Posted by vinnyliverpool (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't understand the popularity of Quitley. He's always been average to me. This cover would be considered boring and pointless if it were drawn by anyone else.

#49 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Always a fan of Quitely's art and that looks simply gorgeous!

#50 Posted by BransonHuggins (97 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om1kron:

Have you read ANY of the Court of Owls? I get it, it's your opinion and all, but seriously if you haven't maybe you need to get over your apparent hatred of DC and pick something up and actually read it. Instead of making assumptions because you have an issue w/ the way they do business. I get it, you don't like them. Others do though, and considering this is about Batman (the article that is) maybe you should have just kept this stupidity to yourself or at least posted it somewhere else.