• 108 results
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

This week has been full of big reveals, so here's another to add to the pile. Earlier today DC gave fans their first look at the upcoming revamped Superman covers for the November books. The covers were posted without their solicits, so for now we can only speculate on what they will be about.

No Caption Provided

Posted in order from top to bottom below as the covers to Action Comics #3, Superman #3 and the stunning cover to Supergirl #3. The cover to Grant Morrison's relaunch of Action Comics shows Superman at the center of the controversy. This isn't the first time we've seen people riot against Superman however, and it makes sense that they would. I mean, would you be 100% comfortable with a super powered alien who is far stronger than any human? Wouldn't you consider him to be a threat and a liability to your society? Then again, why are these people surrounding Superman with baseball bats if he is so much stronger than they are and he is such a threat to their society? Morrison plans to re-tell the origin story of Superman in Action Comics, and based on that third cover due out this November, it doesn't seem like Superman will be spending all that much time in Smallville. Interesting.

== TEASER ==

In Superman #3 our hero will be up against a super powered, all new villain. But the most impressive of these covers is probably Supergirl #3. While the image doesn't really reveal much of what is set to take place in the issue itself, it's still a gorgeous portrayal Kara in her brand new costume. What do you think of these covers? Are you excited about the DC's November Superman books?

Source: DC Source

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CrimsonTempest

Xenophobia: one way to sympathize for Superman. How come DC is not showing Superboy's cover?

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By WW-Fan

hmm nice! love all of them

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

No Superboy?

Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By Feliciano2040
@CrimsonTempest said:
Xenophobia: one way to sympathize for Superman. How come DC is not showing Superboy's cover?
Not exactly a bad way.

As for Superboy, probably they're covering something spoilerish.
Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jordanstine

Sorry still confused but can someone please explain to me the blank red shield plastered on Supergirl's crotch? 

Is Supergirl wearing flesh toned tights, that some can accidentally mistake for her skin?  Or is that blank red shield actually plastered on her skin?

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By Fhiz
@CrimsonTempest said:
They haven't been showing all of the covers of each family for some odd reason. Things like Catwoman, Justice League Dark and Voodoo were all missing from "Batman" "The Dark" and "Edge" cover previews. Full solicitations are out on monday.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7  Edited By owie  Moderator
@Jordanstine said:
Sorry still confused but can someone please explain to me the blank red shield plastered on Supergirl's crotch? 

Is Supergirl wearing flesh toned tights, that some can accidentally mistake for her skin?  Or is that blank red shield actually plastered on her skin?
It's so much worse than her super-short skirt.  Now it's like a giant red arrow pointed toward her crotch.
TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By TheMess1428

I think Supergirl's disconnected underwear makes no sense at all... Bring back the mini-skirt please.

nazer858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nazer858

All of these look really great

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

That's a pretty nice butt shot of Superman.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By Pokeysteve

Oh my god Supergirl's costume......what did they do to her?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By the_tree

The only one I like is Action Comics'.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

I like the first cover but I still do not like Supergirl's new outfit

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Primmaster64

Where's Conner?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I love Kara's new costume

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

In the Action Comics one, there is a woman/man in the central foreground with a pink shirt and what looks like a hand symbol on the chest.  Does that not seem strangely akin to the Black Lantern symbol?  Seriously look at it.  I know its not exact but..wow! As for the other covers they look GREAT! Especially Kara :)

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By azza04

I don't like the artists.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LoganRogue24

why dose karas s symbol look funny.
Joe_Amazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joe_Amazing

Seriously, why is anyone even bothering with this relaunch?  Dc's done nothing but show us garbage.  Supergirl's costume is hideous!  And what happened to the DC/Marvel paradigm where the people of DC's earth love their heroes and Marvel's mistrusts them?!  I've said it before and I'll say it again, this 90's Iron Age comics bullcrap has no business in a modern comic book.  This relaunch pretty much tops the list of "The Worst Ideas in Comic Book History"; even beating out "One More Day".

Red Rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Red Rum

"God Hates Kryptonians"
"Thank God for Kryptonite"
"Lex Wins, God Laughs"

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@RedheadedAtrocitus said:
In the Action Comics one, there is a woman/man in the central foreground with a pink shirt and what looks like a hand symbol on the chest.  Does that not seem strangely akin to the Black Lantern symbol?  Seriously look at it.  I know its not exact but..wow! As for the other covers they look GREAT! Especially Kara :)
You mean the guy with the hang loose sign on his tshirt?
cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By cosmo111687

Not too big a fan of the crotch-shield on Supergirl. And could that green cloud be the first introduction of Kryptonite to the relaunch?

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbat87: Yes, lol I know its a hang loose sign but the way the coloring and hand looks it really does look like the Black Hand in a way.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NightFang3
@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:
That's a pretty nice butt shot of Superman.
Talk about buns of steel, lol.  

@Red Rum: Looks like the Tea Party is coming for Superman know.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i wonder if the government will build sentinels to take down those pesky aliens?

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Primmaster64
@The Stegman said:
i wonder if the government will build sentinels to take down those pesky aliens?
LOL filled with kryptonite?
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#27  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

all the faces on the Action Comics cover look really weird all misshapen and Clark's face doesn't look right at all.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

What happened to the Superboy series? I didn't see the cover under the Young Justice solits OR the Superman solits. :(

Avatar image for captaincockblock
CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By CaptainCockblock

You can rail against what we see in the Action Comics cover all you want, but I like it. Some writers forget that "The Last Son of Krypton" isn't just a namesake for Superman, it's part of who he is. As much as he's adored by the public, he knows he'll never truly be a part of our world  and that image sums it up perfectly . Also, the first arc of Action Comics will be focusing on Superman in his beginnings as a crime fighter. If you were to see a man flying through the air and picking up cars and you heard that he wasn't even from your planet, would you trust him right off the bat?

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GrimoireMyst

Hope they find a good reason he would want to protect humans since everyone knows on the planet humans are the worst thing on it. lol

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sentryman555

I actually wasn't interested in reading Superman's origin again but I'm excited for it now seeing that cover.  How can those people be mad at supes. He looks like the nicest guy in that picture! Which is exactly what Superman should look like.

Everyman011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Everyman011
@Icarusflies: They aren't going to do a Superboy series anymore. They already announced he will only appear in Teen Titans and he will actually be a villain for the first year.
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@Everyman011: WHAAAATT?! When did this happen?

Everyman011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Everyman011
@Icarusflies: This was announced weeks and weeks back.I saw it only once in a solicit for Teen Titans and never once since. I thought it was surprising since they have had him in pictures with other Teen Titans and they had an image of him on his own. It's possible I am not remembering correctly and he will have a different series that they haven't shown stuff for just yet. Perhaps the timing is different for his own series compared to Teen Titans like they could be off by years or perhaps even my source was not correct. I am still pretty certain that I read he will only appear at first as a villain in Teen Titans for the first year.

I did just check DC's website and they have that there will be a Superboy series so maybe it's two different timelines for Superboy and Teen Titans or it's just late and my beer is making me think it was Superboy that article was about.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why does the young Superman have a cape if he can't fly? yeah he originally couldn't fly in 1939 and still had a cape but come on DC, having the cape on him at that point in his career is just pointless. it just looks stupid and out of place if the whole point of the DCnU is to go for a modern version of everyone. i like the short sleeve and jeans but the cape looks really bad. and whoever the artist is for action comics #3 isn't really consistent because clark looks older in action comics #1. funny enough he actually looks the youngest in all the covers for the superman series, which is actually later than action comics.
harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#36  Edited By harleyquinn12

Mahmud Asrar never ceases to amaze me. I love that Supergirl cover more than you could ever imagine.
Everyman011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Everyman011
@Icarusflies: Just looked more into it at DC's website and here's more that I found out which proves what I was saying (I think)....

For the first issue here's the preview...

"Tim Drake, Batman’s former sidekick, is back in action when an international organization seeks to capture, kill or co-opt super-powered teenagers.

As Red Robin, he’s going to have to team up with the mysterious and belligerent powerhouse thief known as Wonder Girl and the hyperactive speedster calling himself Kid Flash to stand any chance at all against a living, breathing weapon with roots in another world!

Then here is what it says for second issue...

A strange creature haunts the streets of Los Angeles… and because of this creature’s age, both Red Robin and N.O.W.H.E.R.E. are racing to find her – but neither side is prepared for the horror known as Bugg!

Meanwhile, Superboy is on a collision course with the team, and Kid Flash plots his escape from N.O.W.H.E.R.E. with the most unexpected of allies!

Avatar image for deactivated-649a95712285a
deactivated-649a95712285a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ltbrd: When has anyone ever said superman can't fly? Because he can. I don't know where you're getting your information.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Seems cool.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Primmaster64
@Everyman011: So Superboy will have his own series?
Everyman011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Everyman011
@Primmaster64: According to DC's website yes he will. I'm just guessing it will be set at a different time than Teen Titans since from what I remember, he will be a villain in that series at first.
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
@Everyman011 said:
According to DC's website yes he will. I'm just guessing it will be set at a different time than Teen Titans since from what I remember, he will be a villain in that series at first.
Wasn't the Superboy series about a different Superboy that was all cybernetic?
Maki_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43  Edited By Maki_P

God dammit DC! You're supposed to be the optimistic publisher. Why can't my Comic Shop can't get more Images? 
I like Supergirl's cover however, she needs pants though.

Everyman011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Everyman011
@pikahyper: I had not heard this.... I knew there was differences based on the covers that were solicited but I never interpreted that as two different Superboys.

Here's what DC's website says about the first issue of the Superboy series...

They thought he was just an experiment – and a failed one at that! Grown from a combination of Kryptonian and human DNA, the clone was no more than a set of data to the scientists of Project N.O.W.H.E.R.E. But when the scope of his stunning powers was revealed, he became a deadly weapon! Now the question is: Can a clone develop a conscience?

So if you compare this with what they said about Teen Titans there are similarities because of the first two issues of Teen Titans, according to what I posted earlier, deal with Project N.O.W.H.E.R.E. and mentioning a 'weapon with roots from another world' put against the Teen Titans. My guess is that they are the same Superboys, just differences because of the time differences they will probably have between Superboy and Teen Titans. I am sure they will deal with it all in good time and make the changes so that things are more congruent between the two series.
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
@Everyman011: That does make it sound like the same character but at different time periods but wouldn't DC have mentioned that since they already announced all the other DC titles that would take place earlier in time? Also if you compare the two covers for Superboy #1 and Teen Titans #1 they really don't look like the same character, I'm pretty sure the Superboy #1 art had him in some kind of cybernetic chair thing hooked up to all kinds of electronic gadgets and it looked like the cybernetics were part of him making look like Cyborg Supeman.
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ThanosIsMad
@UpUpAndAway said:

@ltbrd: When has anyone ever said superman can't fly? Because he can. I don't know where you're getting your information.

Superman can't fly in Action Comics.  Or at least not the first arc.  It details his career at the beginning when he's first adjusting to his powers.  He'll fly in Superman and Justice League, though.
dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dondasch

I am not at all impressed with any of the artwork for these titles, and, oh dear God, what have the done to Supergirl's costume ?  Was cocaine involved in the planning for this ?  It looks like a giant red piece of fabric is just stuck to her.  Ugh, what a horrible design.

GBrutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By GBrutality
@Joe_Amazing: i couldn't have put it better myself, man.
Everyman011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Everyman011
@pikahyper: Right.... I have seen that while looking back and forth at it. It's also cover art so you never can tell what it means... it could just be trying to be more artistic than anything else. Perhaps it is supposed to be metaphoric of how much he is dependent on the technology that created him in his initial stages of life. Similar to how he was 'taught things' in the Young Justice show. It's also possible they just are not talking about it because it's not a big deal retconning Superboy as opposed to Action or Detective comics or even Teen Titans (although in that vein, I don't know why they would be talking about Supergirl over Superboy as a choice). Perhaps we will hear more by the end of the month. 

My guess is that the differences in the appearance are just going to be because of the different times between the two series and Superboy will go through changes between the beginning of each series. Perhaps he will still be technological in Teen Titans (We can't really say for sure that he won't be, just better camouflaged perhaps?), but I think we will just have to wait and see. I mean, isn't the whole point of these solicits to get us fans talking anyway?
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
@Everyman011: Confusing, definitely have to wait and see :/