• 90 results
#51 Posted by B_Heart (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks sweet. Can't wait to pick up the Texas varient cover!

#52 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@JLDoom said:

So thats the only difference? Kind of weak

Yeah I agree.

I mean it'll be cool to see my state flag there but...not that cool.

#53 Posted by xanthiss (177 posts) - - Show Bio

I am totally against this by the way. However, If they were going to gouge customers with 52 covers worth of gimmick. They should have at least paid 52 artists to do different covers. Way to screw people in a down economy DC.

#54 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha cool.

#55 Posted by SmashBrawler (5735 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wowlock said:

I still think having 2 JL teams.... kinda overdoing it. Why not make it '' JSA'' or something instead of another JL team ? ....

There's actually three Justice Leagues (JL, JLA and Justice League Dark), and I agree with you.

If this was a perfect world we would have different names for different team books (like instead of Justice League Dark, Sentinels of Magic), but this is a world where most people buy comics based on popular titles, characters or authors, not premises.

#56 Posted by whiteknight67 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman looks soooo hot

#57 Posted by xanthiss (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I missing something here? According to the article - Why does it make sense that Finch would emulate the classic picture from 1945?

#58 Posted by jwalser3 (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

@JLDoom said:

So thats the only difference? Kind of weak

#59 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Miss_Garrick: It already looked like a giant hook and a staff.

#60 Posted by strangeling (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. Exactly as I suspected.

#61 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

COP

OUT

lol bye with this basic stuff

#62 Posted by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@LifePool: I'm no immigrant. I was born in the U.S. That makes me native American, just not of American Indian decent.

#63 Posted by neiliusprime (255 posts) - - Show Bio

eh, I think I will skip this variant..its cool but not worth buying to me

#64 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

Whooo CA!

#65 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wowlock said:

I still think having 2 JL teams.... kinda overdoing it. Why not make it '' JSA'' or something instead of another JL team ? ....

Son't forget Justice league dark, and the Justice league international (cancelled but still part of the new 52 universe)

#66 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel bad for all the sheep that are actually going to try and collect all 52 and think they have an expensive collection lol

speculators smh gotta love'em

#67 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

Vibe is getting a little friendly there...

#68 Posted by nappystr8 (1108 posts) - - Show Bio

Really cool cover. May get the standard US, or might get Florida.

#69 Posted by ccraft (5278 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gotham's Dark Knight:

In old comics JLA had a few justice league members but a lot of different characters. New 52 they made JLA a separt team, The Most Dangerous Heroes.

#70 Posted by ccraft (5278 posts) - - Show Bio

@Miss_Garrick:

the new one looks better

#71 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

finch's art is awsome

#72 Posted by tomtomiii (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I am very excited about the Title, but as excited as I am about JLA #1 ... I think 52 variants is BIG TIME OVERKILL! Seriously 52? I will usually get variants if I like the covers, but I doubt I'll buy more than one or two. To be honest, I'm not sure how many variants my local shops will pickup. And let's be honest, even if you have the cash for ALL 52 variants do you have the box space for 53 issue for JLA#1?

AND I WILL NOT be picking up VIBE ... seriously, a VIBE solo book. There are all sorts of better characters to choose.

#73 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamDamage said:

wow what a bullshit gimic for DC to get a HUGE number of sales. Some poor sap is going to buy all 52 covers too. $159 for 1 book.

u mad?

#74 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

Yawn.

#75 Posted by Anthonypilone01 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is feeling patriotic my only questions.

1.Why Catwoman?

2.What is the point of the new green lantern Earth has more than enough?

3.Vibe? seriously you added Vibe to the team you know he was literally voted one of the worst and unpopular Justice league characters.

4.Why not put Star girl in Earth 2 you do realize if there is ever going to be a Justice society again they will need her.

You know, regardless of the medium, even the best of writers become less creative with time and eventually lose favor with fans as well as with the executives. It's sad that the current team of writers are no longer as creative as they used to be and are alienating their fan base. I don't wish harm or ill will but it won't be long before we find ourselves saying, "whatever happened to Geoff Johns and Dan DIDIO?" "Remember that mess they made with the New 52?!"

#76 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Anthonypilone01 said:

DC is feeling patriotic my only questions.

1.Why Catwoman?

2.What is the point of the new green lantern Earth has more than enough?

3.Vibe? seriously you added Vibe to the team you know he was literally voted one of the worst and unpopular Justice league characters.

4.Why not put Star girl in Earth 2 you do realize if there is ever going to be a Justice society again they will need her.

You know, regardless of the medium, even the best of writers become less creative with time and eventually lose favor with fans as well as with the executives. It's sad that the current team of writers are no longer as creative as they used to be and are alienating their fan base. I don't wish harm or ill will but it won't be long before we find ourselves saying, "whatever happened to Geoff Johns and Dan DIDIO?" "Remember that mess they made with the New 52?!"

Yeah the same way fans were talking down crisis on infinite earths back in the 80s, and look now

Also, how can you judge a book without reading it?! Are you psychic?

#77 Posted by ThePRez (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Im gonna get my Puerto Rico alternative cover :) sorry but this is just cool

#78 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

smfh

#79 Posted by dmkicksballs13 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gotham's Dark Knight: I've always felt the same way. This particular group should be called the Justice Society, since Justice League is taken. It always bothered me that 4 of the main 7 members of the JLA weren't from America.

#80 Posted by modunhanul (407 posts) - - Show Bio

Really?

#81 Posted by Frell (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@cincyducksfan35: I was just thinking that myself.

#82 Posted by Maki_P (275 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not from the US so this things mean nothing for me. No worse, this flag thing and the famous photo of war and all that stuff just scream "jingoism" in my Latin American ear.

I wasn't very enthusiastic about the book to begin with, but all this Patriotic Fervor thing they have going is serious turn off; I don't see it going very well overseas (and since the industry is dying they should pay attention to readers overseas)

#83 Posted by Sidious (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Lame.

#84 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this actually seems disappointing now...see I thought that Finch was going to do 52 UNIQUE covers for each of the states for the variant covers. Like have JLA at the ESB for the New York variant or them at the Golden Gate Bridge for the California variant. But how this seems to be that the only difference is flags. Well, the bundle deal sounds nice but unless I can get them for a good deal I just don't see the point of even getting em. Maybe US and Cali flags for me only...

#85 Posted by VGLosers (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything featuring Baz is a FAIL.

#86 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumb

#87 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

@VGLosers: Why? He's proven to be an interesting character so far.

Relax, Hal's gonna come back. You really think Geoff Johns would kill him off for good? People should really learn to just enjoy things as they're presented and not superimpose their opinions onto everything and label anything that doesn't conform to said opinions as crap.

#88 Posted by VGLosers (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Because, troll, he's an admitted CRIMINAL! Baz should GO TO JAIL. His origin story is RACIST. I don't care that someone other than Hal is in the focus.

"Hal's gonna come back. You really think Geoff Johns would kill him off for good?"

No, and I never said as much. It's 100% the failure of the character of Baz.

#89 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

@VGLosers: Okay, for starters, I'm not being a troll. I was asking you a question. Grow up.

And second, has Baz ever killed anyone? No. His crimes extend pretty much extend to drag racing and stealing cars. And I'm not sure if you even read GL to find out that Baz actually has a very good reason to be stealing cars.

And, being an Arab American myself, as Geoff Johns also is, I can say that Baz's origin kinda follows how things were for Arabs in America after 9/11. His origin isn't "racist", It actually sheds light on racism. So please, think before you speak because you're actually being a little offensive.

#90 Posted by wmwadeii (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flag Idea is nice but like other have mentioned the state should be featured in the cover. Even if they made it a backdrop to this current image I would like it better.