I've got mixed feelings...but mostly negative
elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By elayem98

brian azzerello should be doing batman not wonderwoman. 
 also green arrow looks beast, he has my favorite redesign so far.

@NightFang said:

Why couldn't DC make this like Mravel's Ultimates?
exactly. that would be so much better
yellowstar128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By yellowstar128
@coolbeans: I totally agree. One of the first things that ran through my head when they announced this was "What about Robin? And all the other legacy characters?" I mean not ALL of them are great but I'm quite fond of some of them, like Robin. I hated Damian when he was introduced but he's really grown on me, he's such a great character. And Tim is one of my favorite characters, Red Robin is a great book. I honestly think Dick will be safe though, at least from getting deleted or totally ruined.
Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#154  Edited By Last_Guardian

YES! Manapul's on Flash! 

no Blue Beetle on JLI? D:

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#155  Edited By JonesDeini
@FadeToBlackBolt: Tabernacle preach, synagogue speech, and may the mosque mosh. Thou speakest truly, my brother.  

Every title featuring the name J.T. Krul lost me. The Smallville suit on Olly? Sigh....this does not bode well.  

I'm not interested in the redesign of Mr. Terrific, that outfit's Godbadawful, folk.  

A JLI title sans Winick & Beetle? Pass...even if Lopresti's doin' the art.  

Wonder Woman I might check out in store, same for Aquaman. John's handled Arthur pretty good during Brightest Day. Anthology may also get a peek.  

Two artists co-writing Flash? No thanks, artists rarely can write their way out of a paper bag.  

Tony Daniels on Hawkman? See what I said about J.T. Krul... 

Firestorm? Gail's cool, but don't give half a rat's harry sack about either Ronnie or Jason after Brightest Day. 

So Nate's the Silver Surfer? Oh J.T. Krul...well guess that takes care of Captain Atom...pass.  

Boy oh boy, my wallet's going to be sooo thick come September ^_^
Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I may have to give these a try. I'm still just in my decision mode. Not sure what to think of yet. But the artwork looks GREAT

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By JonesDeini
@blackkitty: Bingo, DC's problem is how they've been telling stories, not costumes and numbering. Do they not get that by following the current comics format (telling serialized, decompressed, 3-6 issue arcs) you inevitably build the same continuity you're trying to avoid? What then? Another reboot? You pull a Ultimatum? Sigh, well we'll see how this all goes down. I here Valiants relaunching, guess they smelled the blood in the water lol
-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158  Edited By -Eclipse-

No Red Robin or Teen Titans announcements? DON'T CARE. Let me know when they announce something for a character I actually like.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#159  Edited By WW-Fan

omg i soo hope that Power Girl will survive! she is my favorite with wonder woman! :/

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#160  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero
@DMC
I like to know that myself. My only guess that black haired hottie might be:  
- Donna  
- Big Barda  
- Gypsy   
- Dr. Light
- A new character for readers (Not really though).

PS; I want Power Girl to return too. :(
I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By I_Am_Dark

Eh. Hawkman's new look isn't exactly grabbing me yet. Green Arrow and Booster Gold look good, though.
cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#162  Edited By cosmo111687
@The_Tree said:

@cosmo111687 said:

@The_Tree said:
I'm excited for all series but Hawkman, since Tony Daniel is a godawful writer.  
 Poor, poor Hawkman. Still, I let out a deep sigh of relief once I read that he wasn't going to do Batman.
QFT. I'm still wondering who's going to do Batman, I also don't want Grant Morrison's stuff to fall by the wayside.
Yeah, I can't help but wonder who'll write it. I would love for them to maintain almost all of the continuity of post-Crisis Batman, as well as allow Morrison the opportunity to finish his work. But with so many significant changes made to all the other heroes, I'm not sure how possible that would be. (It would seem odd to have a 30 year old Batman standing shoulder-to-shoulder with a 20 year old Superman and Wonder Woman... Although I think it's just odd to have a 20 year old Superman and Wonder Woman) And I'm fairly sure that DC is adamant about switching creative teams around, so we might not get Morrison.  

Personally, I think it looks like Scott Snyder will helm the next Batman book, since he's writing great stories right now for him in Detective Comics and in Gates of Gotham. And after seeing interviews with him, he seems to have a real passion and grasp for the character. Also, his stories do have that modern take on the characters that DC might be looking for. He's who I'm hoping for.

And I'm actually not sure how the first issue is going to work. Will it be like a mini Batman: Year One, rehashing Batman's origins from the very beginning? Or will it be like a Year Two (+) story, launching you in mid-career?
Midnight Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Midnight Monk

Glad to see the JLI is still going since Generation Lost was the best book out during Brightest Day,Hawkman look F*cking epic in that cover and actually make me want to pick it up since he was badass in brightest day before the Swampthing nonsense. Glad to see Vixen back as well and GA redesign is cool. 

But I'm still worried about Red Robin and B & R  and alittle worried about the Titans, hoping Static comes back since his solo series was put on the back burner and because depowering someone as popular as him was freakin stupid
kimi74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#165  Edited By kimi74

I went straight to the covers after reading that the creative team for WW was going to change... I had to checkout the cover...  And after all my concerns regarding the costume change in recent months, I have to state that I really likethis cover... The costume shown is the best compromise I've seen to date. If this format stayed I could live with it... But we all know that artists take liberties when they take on a character and it will change over time... But, for now, I like it... (Just hope the writing rocks...)

And I CAN'T WAIT for Justice League International #1!!!!!!! (Mind you, the blurb about this title makes it sound as interesting as paint drying on a wall...)

Avatar image for deactivated-649a95712285a
deactivated-649a95712285a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Geoff Johns staying on Green Lantern?

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By OmegaHans

I don't need young heroes. I need iconic heroes.

Let me guess, we're going to have Superman going around quoting dumb '00s era catchphrases and memes while, he's "faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and HE NOW CARRIES AN iPAD and his new theme is in auto-tune. BUY IT!' Oh wonderful...

These DC hotshots are the kind of people who have to paint their bedroom walls a different color every 2 weeks.

You aren't getting a cent from me.

Avatar image for deactivated-649a95712285a
deactivated-649a95712285a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: WOW! You're right! That's pretty awesome! Now I can't wait! Hold on....... Do you think there's still going to be a GL book? 
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Primmaster64
@DEGRAAF said:
@Primmaster64 said:
The thing about Power Girl is...that unless she somehow survives Flashpoint, like she did in COIE..I really don't see her surviving...Since Supergirl will exist.
we dont know if either of them will survive this yet. I havent heard news on either of them yet besides Superheroines wil no longer be allowed to wear skirts. but the use Supergirl as an example, not necessarily saying she will be returning.
I heard she will
JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By JonesDeini
@Scarlet_Rogue said:
I like these writers, but just because you can convince a writer I like to say, jump off a bridge, doesn't change the fact that they're jumping off a bridge! This reeks of desperation....although so does coming out with a "Crisis" crossover every two years.    Damn it DC! I had just re-learned how to get along with you.
Yeah just when I was starting to enjoy DC's comics...this happens. Situations like this are why I generally stick to indy comics or titles that exist in their own little corner of a company. 
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By mark5

WTF is up with Hawkman!

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#172  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

Phew, they didn't get rid of Guy.

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By HumanNumber

I'm excited for these new titles, the creative teams sound fantastic, and the I'm liking the new looks, except Captain Atom who i hope doesn't actually have a flaming head.

B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By B'Town
@Chesapeake said:
Wonder Woman re-launch again. No good news for her..... Ever! No TV; No original costume and No continuity.... I just start reading from 600 after 11 isues is back to number ONE. DC is just silly. This is not interesting why do we need a new begining when we just had one. 
I'm with you on Wonder Woman.  Why are they bothering to shake it up again?  Makes no sense to me.   

This is all a publicity stunt.  People are talking about DC and that is what they wanted.  I hope in the end we will have some positive results for some of our favorite books.  I'm trying to keep an open mind.
JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By JonesDeini
@batman_is_god said:
Mr. Terrific is getting his own series?! AWESOME!!!  Who is writing Batman? PLEASE Don't let Morrison still be involved, a Morrison free Batman is what I'm looking forward to the most!
I used to feel that way...then I read Tony Daniel's stories :P
B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By B'Town
Wonder Woman: Pull -YES, I'm in with WW, unless she's with Superman, if that is the case I will stick around for a bit to see if she dumps his arse.  If not, I'm out.
Aquaman:  Dull 
The Flash: Dull 
The Fury of Firestorm: Pull - YES, I'm in with Gail Simone.
Hawkman
  Dull
Green Arrow: Dull
Justice League International: Dull
Mister Terrific: Dull 
DC Universe Presents: Dull

So far that's two new DC books I will pull, each only tentatively.  If they are not what I hope for, I'll let them go.  I am hoping we will hear more definitive news about some books I currently pull.  Books I am very happy with, books I don't want to lose.  I have been wanting to cut my pull list, of nearly 40 books per month, DC could be doing me a favor.  But it is a favor I could do with out, I want to keep my books.... DC don't get too carried away with this stunt, it's all fun, exciting and too damn scary for some of us loyal fans who never hated you or felt the need for a reboot, in the first place.

My Current DC pull list: 
  1. Wonder Woman 
  2. Secret Six
  3. Detective Comics
  4. Batman & Robin
  5. Birds of Prey
  6. Batgirl
  7. Supergirl
  8. Zatanna
  9. Batwoman
  10. Teen Titans
  11. Tiny Titans
Wondering how many DC books I'll be pulling this time next year?
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Primmaster64

We need Captain Marvel....

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#178  Edited By Gambit1024

...I'm just praying that the Morrison writing Superman thing isn't true. 

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#179  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

I hope they do something to restructure the kids comics universe too, it could be doing so much better then it is if they actually marketed it, they have such good books. Advertise it, add a few more titles and drop the prices to $1.99 and they will beat out Marvel's kids line easily. I don't think I've ever seen a commercial for the Cartoon Network DC comics on the Cartoon Network channel I mean come on how dense are they.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Primmaster64
@Gambit1024: Its true...Just as long as I don't see Frank's art...
I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By I_Am_Dark

The new Hawkman's going to take a little getting used to. I bet that later he'll find out that he's Thanagarian or at the very least a cross-breed between Earthling and Thanagarian.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Gambit1024
@Primmaster64 said:
@Gambit1024: Its true...Just as long as I don't see Frank's art...
:(
JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By JonesDeini
@mark5 said:
WTF is up with Hawkman!
He's EXTREME!!!!! (90's metal guitar riff) I mean he's totally rad to the max, brah!!!!! He's Like all Rob Liefeld presents War Hawk: Raptor of Rage!!!! CHYEAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! Early Image forever, brah!!!! Totally Tubular!!!!!!.....:-/ but seriously Jim Lee can suck a fat one for the many sins he's committed on the redesigns. 
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Gambit1024

And I'm totally digging Hawkman's new look. He looks like the warrior e should be. I wish I could say the same for Wonder Woman...

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By I_Am_Dark

It sounds like they're going to turn Captain Atom into Dr. Manhattan... so long as they don't show his junk, I guess. Question: why does it look like he has elf ears?
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By mark5
@Primmaster64 said:
We need Captain Marvel....
and Power-Girl. Those are the two i'm waiting on. 
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#187  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@DMC:  

@damswedon said: 
Lets see; 
  • No Batgirl
  • No Supergirl
  • No Power Girl
No reason for me to care at the moment.
Yeah I'm worried about PG too  
yeah i don't see how Powergirl can exist if Supergirl does, i mean isn't her whole existence basically a loophole? she was one of the rare people from Earth 2 to survive the multiverse being destroyed? if there is no Earth 2, nor a Multiverse, how the heck will she even BE there??
shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#188  Edited By shawn87

Awesome art except for the Wonder Woman one. Something looks off about it

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Nasar7

New Wonder Woman #1 makes Odyssey look rather pointless. I wonder at what point this new direction was finalized...?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#190  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

ladies and gentleman, i present to you the new mr.terrific 

sorry i had to scoop ya babsy
Mask of Tengu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 252

#191  Edited By Mask of Tengu

NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!

jerfro23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By jerfro23

marvel needs do the same thing reboot most of there series like nova and some comic series
Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Chane

On the JLI pic, who is the lady bottom left?

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Eyz

Alright...this new Wonder Woman does look great in that teaser pic! 
Firestorm is back in a book? Epic! 
Jurgens on GA? Awesome too!

ARG!! Booster's awful costume!! X__X
And Hawkman...errr...

Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#195  Edited By Harlekin
@Darkmount1 said:

-Captain Atom: Cheap Dr. Manhattan ripoff. Would've worked better if they had him doing something like GI Joe (the team, not the toy). 

Dr. Manhattan riped him off first so it's only fair that he gets to rip him off in return.
CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#196  Edited By CrimsonTempest
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

ladies and gentleman, i present to you the new mr.terrific 

Ain't it contradictive that for a man that prides himself to be the third-smartest man in the world, he has to have a tattoo that says "Fair Play" like he emigrated out of the ghetto? Personally, I liked his previous design better.
Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Adnan
@CrimsonTempest: Agreed, I prefer his current look (where is his spiffy jacket :O). Take away the tattoo, and he'd be alright (in my eyes) though

Out of this group, I'm most interested in WW, Aquaman, and Deadman. Gail Simone on Firestorm and apparantly off Birds of Prey (unconfirmed, I think) is really strange, but I may give it a go.

And I'm worried about whats going to happen to Supes and Batman. Batman, a little more so, I don't want them to just throw Batman Inc. away.
Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

I'm still going to remain optimistic about this, though some of the work leaves me a little dismayed.  Aquaman sounds like fun, firestorm is interesting I suppose.  The other titles haven't been announced yet so it looks like Power-Girl, the Legion, and Zatanna are on the bubble.  Johns and Didio both like Jaime so he's probably safe.  Something with the Marvel Family will be in the works, as the Flash Family.  My inner fanboy is hoping that nothing bad happens to the Legion though, I really got into that title, I hope they don't cancel it and I also hope that Levitz will keep writing it, Its my new favorite team, I don't want to read the X-Men anymore.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#199  Edited By jointron33
@CrimsonTempest: he looks like he's in blackface
jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers