#201 Posted by FlashKnight (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane! But he needs to look more like Tom Hardy, this version looks just as bad as others have.

#202 Posted by sweatboy (786 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123: that is... why would they do that to the Creeper? I actually haven't read much on him but from what I did, he was funny and loveable. Part of me still hopes that the new 52 is only temporary, like a huuuuge crossover event, till Flash runs into Flash or something.

#203 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

I am thinking this is awesome -- those covers alone are pretty cool and I am really interested in the Ventriloquist -- beautifully creepy!

Maybe it's because I know next to nothing about DC, but I am going to be getting my hands on these for sure -- if it's a gimmick to get people buying, it's turning out to have worked in getting my money.

#204 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12398 posts) - - Show Bio

@sweatboy said:

@doordoor123: that is... why would they do that to the Creeper? I actually haven't read much on him but from what I did, he was funny and loveable. Part of me still hopes that the new 52 is only temporary, like a huuuuge crossover event, till Flash runs into Flash or something.

because apparently Didio didnt think he's edgy enough.

#205 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@sweatboy said:

Because ALL of this is Didio's fault... Sigh. First off, a bad writer created this new version of the Creeper and second of all, her editor allowed it. Didio may have taken note of it, but he doesn't spend time worrying about every book. DC hires editors for a reason. Didio isn't going to stop an editor from doing their job unless it is important to the world-building DC is doing. Sure, Didio is a lead editor, but that pretty much means that he is a big-picture editor. I'm sure it wasn't his choice, and if it was, maybe the translation of what he wanted differed from what Nocenti was writing. There are a lot of things that could have happened. Comics move fast. There is actually a lot going on in the process and not everything gets the full undivided attention of everyone at DC. Again, there is a reason they hire editors.

#206 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12398 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@sweatboy said:

Because ALL of this is Didio's fault... Sigh. First off, a bad writer created this new version of the Creeper and second of all, her editor allowed it. Didio may have taken note of it, but he doesn't spend time worrying about every book. DC hires editors for a reason. Didio isn't going to stop an editor from doing their job unless it is important to the world-building DC is doing. Sure, Didio is a lead editor, but that pretty much means that he is a big-picture editor. I'm sure it wasn't his choice, and if it was, maybe the translation of what he wanted differed from what Nocenti was writing. There are a lot of things that could have happened. Comics move fast. There is actually a lot going on in the process and not everything gets the full undivided attention of everyone at DC. Again, there is a reason they hire editors.

Didio is the one who has been pushing the "demonic" Creeper since pre-flashpoint when he was editor in chief. He brought it back during his Outsiders run despite the fact that virtually everyone who handled the Creeper before that tried to ignore it. He's also blatantly insulted the classic version of the character via twitter. its not hard to believe that this is something he's been planning for a while and that Nocenti just got dragged in there somewhere.

#207 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#208 Posted by darthfury78 (760 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman is now a villain? I thought she was one of the good guys?

#209 Posted by IgiMancer (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, they raised the $2.99 to $3.99.

#210 Posted by nappystr8 (1015 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no! DC has started doing 0.1 issues too?...and I price hike? I actually like the idea of cover gimmicks, particularly these 3D ones. But if it is the sole reason for the change in price is to cover their costs on making flashy covers then I will not buy a single one of these issues that used to be $2.99. And Forever Evil might actually be a worse name for an event than Avengers vs. X-Men.

I feel like the big two are constantly alienating me into each other's arms. I guess in some sick way that means they will always get me coming back in the end. Ugh.

#211 Edited by krspaceT (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

So this is DCs version of Dark Reign then?

Should be better than Marvel's then.Last I checked, Marvel's events all sort of sucked since WWH by gen fan opinion

#212 Posted by notorious_g3 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

So will DC ever actually get back to writing good stories instead of pumping out gimmick after gimmick? "Oh let's have a 0# month, no wait let's have WTF covers on every book, I know lets have a villain month!!!"

YAWN just right some god damn good books DC.

This²!

#213 Edited by Vaeternus (9332 posts) - - Show Bio

lol @ this being a gimmick...it's going to own whatever Marvel has that month, calling it now. It's not a gimmick it's what fans want. Why is everything to you a gimmick?

Nice, very nice but I still want The Spectre to get his own series damn it!! They give Poison Ivy and PS their owns series but not Spectre? This slightly annoys me but eventually I'm sure it'll happen.

I'lll pass on Batman, we all know Batman already and between him having a million other archs right now and Injustice having 1/4 of the roster being Batman guys lol I'll pass but I will get the Superman/Batman series due out later this month.

I think I'll get JLA-Deadshot, Superman-Bizarro, Superman AC-Cyborg Superman, Earth 2-Dasaad, and of course JL-Darkseid.

#214 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

The co creator of Bane is writing a story for Bane how cool can SEPTEMBER GET!! I can't wait for Arkham war!

#215 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5852 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like gonna save some money come September. Only gonna pick up Batman though.

#216 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

Good news everyone! There is more than just these covers here on the Vine!

Batman: The Joker, The Penguin, The Riddler, and Bane

Detective Comics: Scarecrow, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, and Man-Bat

Batman and Robin: Two-Face, The Court of Owls, Ra's al Ghul, and Killer Croc

Batman: The Dark Knight: Clayface, Ventriloquist, Mr. Freeze, and Joker's Daughter

Superman: Bizzaro, Brainiac, He'l, and Parasite

Action Comics: Lex Luthor, Metallo, General Zod, and Cyborg Superman

Batman/Superman: Doomsday

Wonder Woman: The Cheetah and First Born

The Flash: Gorilla Grodd, Reverse Flash, and The Rogues

Aquaman: Black Manta and Ocean Master

Green Lantern: Sinestro, Black Hand, Mongul, and Relic

Justice League: Darkseid, Lobo, Secret Society, and Dial E

Justice League of America: Black Adam, Deadshot, Killer Frost, and Shadow Theif

Teen Titans: Trigon and Deathstroke

Earth 2: Solomon Grundy and Desaad

other than all this these are all the ones I found out that are getting their own book for DC villain month. Also I think I'll be getting Scarecrow and Harley as they are my two favorite Batman villains along with Lex Luthor and Metallo as they are my favorite Superman villains. And of course I'll be getting the Rogue as well. And I am debating on getting the Cheetah (from the Wonder Woman comic) or pick up a Snyder's Batman. If I get a Batman it'll most likely be the Riddler. I don't think I have seen much of the Prince of Puzzles in the New 52 except for Batman No. 16.

#217 Posted by NightFang (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally! The villains take over.

#218 Edited by sweatboy (786 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys, I edited this, because i meant to say something about how working under a tough editor could be annoying (i mean who likes a J. Jonah Jameson?) and that a flexible editor could be a good thing, that's to you doordoor. Also the new ideas should not be discouraged thing, because having more is better than less.

@avenging_x_bolt:

@doordoor123:

Well, at least i know i'm not alone in this. Idk, on one hand, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and on the other hand, well... new stuff should not be discouraged, i suppose. I mean, everyone from Superman to.. well Creeper I guess, has gone through many changes. They probably figured Creeper was a character insignificant enough that changing him wouldn't impact the big picture too bad. How many characters can you really mess with? Batman? Catwoman? oh no, those characters can only be changed for the better, and they can only be changed so many times, right?

They should just do more Elseworlds, like Marvel's Ultimate stories, without changing the mainstream story. It gets so confusing. You CAN have 2 Nightcrawlers, and you can replace one with the other, i guess. But... know what i mean?

#219 Edited by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad the Creeper doesn't look just like the Joker anymore.

#220 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@sweatboy: I disagree. I don't think there should be elseworlds. Instead, I think people should become less attached to characters in continuity. And if they are attached to character, it is fine, but they should realize that those characters still exist beyond continuity. They had their time to live and exist and now it is time for other characters to shine and for those people to get attached to new characters. Just because a characters lived and died doesn't mean they don't exist. It isn't like anyone is forgetting them. We all loved those characters for what they were. I still love the previous Nova (Richard Rider), but I don't want him back because he was great. If someone DOES bring him back, he would be a different person. Characters are always going to be different under different writers. Each one is a different interpretation of the same character -- or as writers like to say, "essence." As far as I'm concerned, the Richard Rider that I loved so much is dead. I can still go back to read his stories over and over again and there is still a clear definition of who he was. People are obsessed with characters continuing their life. But the reality is that people die. If this is a true (as Grant Morrison says) reflection of our world, death exists. Things in the world end, but the memory is what keeps them alive. That feeling that you get when that person first saved the day or first fell in love is still there. Sure, it might feel different the second time and the third time you read it, but it is still there.

I've had people die in my life, but I don't complain to the higher powers to bring my family back. When a new baby is born in my family, I don't get upset when that baby isn't just like the person who died. And I don't get upset when a new person joins my group of friends and they aren't like the person that died. That is essentially what comic fans do. As far as I'm concerned, the New 52 is a new place with new people and new experiences. I wouldn't want to taint it with an old universe. The old universe would ruin the experience of progress. If the world grows and evolves and comics are a reflection, they should grow and evolve with the world. Even if it does stem from a bad idea. You don't think a lot of these characters that still exist today didn't stem from bad ideas? You think Deadman actually had a following before recently? Other writers make those bad ideas better. It takes time.

#221 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5742 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA 1 should be Deathstroke instead of Deadshot.

#222 Posted by sweatboy (786 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot's pretty cool. I'm glad to see Deadshot

@sweatboy: I disagree. I don't think there should be elseworlds. Instead, I think people should become less attached to characters in continuity. And if they are attached to character, it is fine, but they should realize that those characters still exist beyond continuity. They had their time to live and exist and now it is time for other characters to shine and for those people to get attached to new characters. Just because a characters lived and died doesn't mean they don't exist. It isn't like anyone is forgetting them. We all loved those characters for what they were. I still love the previous Nova (Richard Rider), but I don't want him back because he was great. If someone DOES bring him back, he would be a different person. Characters are always going to be different under different writers. Each one is a different interpretation of the same character -- or as writers like to say, "essence." As far as I'm concerned, the Richard Rider that I loved so much is dead. I can still go back to read his stories over and over again and there is still a clear definition of who he was. People are obsessed with characters continuing their life. But the reality is that people die. If this is a true (as Grant Morrison says) reflection of our world, death exists. Things in the world end, but the memory is what keeps them alive. That feeling that you get when that person first saved the day or first fell in love is still there. Sure, it might feel different the second time and the third time you read it, but it is still there.

I've had people die in my life, but I don't complain to the higher powers to bring my family back. When a new baby is born in my family, I don't get upset when that baby isn't just like the person who died. And I don't get upset when a new person joins my group of friends and they aren't like the person that died. That is essentially what comic fans do. As far as I'm concerned, the New 52 is a new place with new people and new experiences. I wouldn't want to taint it with an old universe. The old universe would ruin the experience of progress. If the world grows and evolves and comics are a reflection, they should grow and evolve with the world. Even if it does stem from a bad idea. You don't think a lot of these characters that still exist today didn't stem from bad ideas? You think Deadman actually had a following before recently? Other writers make those bad ideas better. It takes time.

I don't think you got what i was saying. I said new ideas should NOT be discouraged. New ideas are important, because readers can pick and chose what they want to believe. That's what i do. I reject Wolverine's Origin story, (even though it IS necessary for Daken, who is someone i LOVE) or at least i used to not believe in Origins, because i prefer Wolverine as an amnesiac. Should Superman have found out his Kryptonian origin? in Lois & Clark, he didn't know before he became Superman. And i think we should love some of these characters regardless of their origins. Because what they do and who they are (personalities, intentions) is what we should care about.

I didn't say anything about dying, but you're right. I think if they kill someone, they should keep them dead. (even though D&R of Superman is one of my favourite books. Superman is too influential to suddenly get rid of) I'm a non-Christian and so I don't believe in heaven or hell, and death to us Eastern folk isn't too weird. We understand it. And therefore i totally get what you're saying about bringing back characters. BUT, these are fictional characters, you CAN mess with them in ways we can't do with real people.

When Superboy fought Side Arm, people kept asking if they would see him again, the editor's response (actually i think it was Karl Kesel's response) was that they keep prodding the body, but he never moved. A story should be a story, and should not be influenced by fandom, and it's actually a GOOD thing to kill some characters before they can be altered. Like Creeper. I'd rather have had him gone (like your Nova) than see this demon version. But who knows? there were other ideas that were hard to get used to at first, (like Cyclops dating Emma Frost, the very woman responsible for messing with Jean's/her Phoenix manifestation's psyche, and Wolverine's bone claw origin story, which was actually pretty neat, and the Young Justice cartoon, which was AWESOME) but were not entirely as bad as when you first heard about it once you did get used to it

#223 Edited by sweatboy (786 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot's pretty cool. I'm glad to see Deadshot

I don't think you got what i was saying. I said new ideas should NOT be discouraged. New ideas are important, because readers can pick and chose what they want to believe. That's what i do. I reject Wolverine's Origin story, (even though it IS necessary for Daken, who is someone i LOVE) or at least i used to not believe in Origins, because i prefer Wolverine as an amnesiac. Should Superman have found out his Kryptonian origin? in Lois & Clark, he didn't know before he became Superman. And i think we should love some of these characters regardless of their origins. Because what they do and who they are (personalities, intentions) is what we should care about.

I didn't say anything about dying, but you're right. I think if they kill someone, they should keep them dead. (even though D&R of Superman is one of my favourite books. Superman is too influential to suddenly get rid of) I'm a non-Christian and so I don't believe in heaven or hell, and death to us Eastern folk isn't too weird. We understand it. And therefore i totally get what you're saying about bringing back characters. BUT, these are fictional characters, you CAN mess with them in ways we can't do with real people.

When Superboy fought Side Arm, people kept asking if they would see him again, the editor's response (actually i think it was Karl Kesel's response) was that they keep prodding the body, but he never moved. A story should be a story, and should not be influenced by fandom, and it's actually a GOOD thing to kill some characters before they can be altered. Like Creeper. I'd rather have had him gone (like your Nova) than see this demon version. But who knows? there were other ideas that were hard to get used to at first, (like Cyclops dating Emma Frost, the very woman responsible for messing with Jean's/her Phoenix manifestation's psyche, and Wolverine's bone claw origin story, which was actually pretty neat, and the Young Justice cartoon, which was AWESOME) but were not entirely as bad as when you first heard about it once you did get used to it

#224 Posted by Vitalius (1448 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultra_beleco:

She has two one is Cheetah and the other is First Born

#225 Edited by apg103 (76 posts) - - Show Bio

i am super excited for all of these !!!

#226 Posted by Birthright (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has the same pose in the Bizarro and Cyborg covers.

#227 Posted by Herokiller12344 (973 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow Bizarro looks bad, and I was just starting to get into him.

#228 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2724 posts) - - Show Bio

Bizaro one seems interesting.