Posted by G-Man (30611 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to believe the "New 52" has been going on for just about a full year now. As you're probably aware, in September, DC will be putting out zero issues for all titles. The issues will be stand alone stories and will delve into the origins of the characters and (hopefully) fill in some of the gaps and answers some of the questions we have.

Today DC has announced they will be collecting all 55 of the zero issues (remember, September will see the end of some titles and the beginnings of four new titles).

The hardcover collection will be released on December 12 and consist of 1,328 pages. This sounds similar to last year's collected hardcover release of all the #1 issues (you can check out our look at that collection here).

The cover, seen above, features art by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado. Some did question the practicality of the #1 collections but because this features stand alone stories and origins, it definitely has value to it.

Staff
#1 Posted by Gonzo33 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome!

#2 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

What will they do for batwoman ? It already have a zero issue.

#3 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it has a sewn binding and you can find it as a reasonable price, could def be worth it.

#4 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@wowylied said:

What will they do for batwoman ? It already have a zero issue.

great question, CONFUSION ABOUNDS! New 52's purpose undone, time and space tearing apart at the seams!

I would laugh (and give a thumbs up) if they just reprinted the original zero issue but didn't mention that in the solicit or to retailers so nobody knows but the people who pick it up and had read the original zero issue

Moderator
#5 Posted by G-Man (30611 posts) - - Show Bio

@wowylied: It's a very good question. I've been wondering that as well when they announced September as "0" month. I think they should just put it out again as a reprint but make it clear that it's not new.

Staff
#6 Posted by microwave25 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Could have done something better with the artwork. That looks so basic.

#7 Posted by IronAngelX (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Surpisingly the only extra artwork they did for a specific promotions was FCBD

#8 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait isn't the Justice League #0 a Shazam! story? Is that a real cover?

#10 Posted by Outside_85 (8083 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder why they bother with this, the #1 omnibus was fair enough because some bought it as an easy way to get every issue...this however, people will know that books they like and which ones they dont and I suppose it is the very fewest that read every New 52 book...so besides the obvious money aspect, why bother?

#11 Posted by darkrider (437 posts) - - Show Bio

batwoman 0.0

Online
#12 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
Smart last sentence gman:) that is true, that is true.
#13 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

all zero issues coming together?

#14 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
I like that cover. It looks very good, although, i dont like ww using red nail polish. I dont know why, i just dont like it.@microwave25 said:

Could have done something better with the artwork. That looks so basic.

@microwave25:

#15 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah, i saw a hard cover with all the #1s at 'half price book store' it was like 78 dollars. I didnt see my usuall comic shop carrying it. Im going to preorder from them just in case. I am totally getting this! :)

@dewboy01 said:

all zero issues coming together?
#16 Posted by inferiorego (21217 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkrider said:

batwoman 0.0

Staff
#17 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
This is my last post for today. I hope this is the one that puts me up to a level 5:D I am just going to say, how cool is 'princess ameythist of jem world' going to be! Here is a list off the top of my head of titles dc puts out for its female readers; batwoman, batgirl, supergirl, birds of prey, voodoo (teen readers only), silk spector, ww, worlds finest, and a whole mess of team books:) but i will just say, zatannas my favorite. She gives me a warm feeling deep inside:b
#18 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this DC trying to amend some of their previous mistakes made in the 'New 52'?

#19 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupahForeigner said:

Is this DC trying to amend some of their previous mistakes made in the 'New 52'?

amend what mistakes?

Its just a way for DC to retell the origin stories that people keep insisting they want to know. How can batman have 4 sidekicks in 5 years. did wolfman/perez titans run exist? If not whats the origins for nightwing? What happend to Jason Todd? Did Flash's mum still died bcos of Reverse Flash or.......

DC didn't bother telling all the origins stories initially, but people kept asking so I thought this is a good way to reintroduce all the characters.

#20 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

@darkrider said:

batwoman 0.0

This ain't no marvel. #115.6 #115.7 #115.8

#21 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, but I am probably going to get the single issues for the zero issues

#22 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (424 posts) - - Show Bio

So, instead of releasing the number zeros in graphic novel collections of the book they come from, they lump them all together? That kind of a lame gimmicky move. Unless they will sell them all together and separately in their title collections, but that would make the whole collection rather pointless.

#23 Posted by druzod2501 (71 posts) - - Show Bio

looks great!

#24 Posted by ScarlettLynn (160 posts) - - Show Bio

@Beast_in_the_Shadows: I don't think it's that complicated. They did the exact same thing with the collection of #1s, printing them in one collection and with the individual trade collections.

#25 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League #0 was supposed to have something to do with Shazam, not the Justice League. So why is the cover changed to be about the Justice League?

#26 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

How can Batman have 4 sidekicks in 5 years.? Did Wolfman/Perez Titans run exist? If not whats the origins for Nightwing? What happend to Jason Todd?

Batman existed before the 5 years span. He had been operating for a long time but nobody knew if he was real or not. Jason Todd did die and come back to life. The whole Titans history is screwed up.

#27 Posted by sentryman555 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428 said:

@sethysquare said:

How can Batman have 4 sidekicks in 5 years.? Did Wolfman/Perez Titans run exist? If not whats the origins for Nightwing? What happend to Jason Todd?

Batman existed before the 5 years span. He had been operating for a long time but nobody knew if he was real or not. Jason Todd did die and come back to life. The whole Titans history is screwed up.

That would be the only question I have. What is going on with the Titans history? I like the teen titans books but I just don't see where Starfire and Nightwing and stuff fitted in to it anymore. I know Scott Lobdell says he's been acting like everything that happened still happened but that can't be right because Cyborg wasn't in teen titans now and Beast boy and Terra just got re-booted into ravagers.

#28 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by chroinkero (68 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti: It's real, but it is just a cover made for the collection, not representing Justice League #0, which is about Shazam.

#30 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice but, is it really necessary? That's my only question. I mean I saw the point of a #1omnibus, but not for this. Still, interesting.

#31 Posted by Mrakbarman (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone tell me when is Batman New 52 Vol. 2  coming out? Cuz I really want to when I should start saving

#32 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I've got the original New 52 first issues hardcover, and isn't SHAZAM in this next one? Definately getting it.

#33 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555 said:

@TheMess1428 said:

@sethysquare said:

How can Batman have 4 sidekicks in 5 years.? Did Wolfman/Perez Titans run exist? If not whats the origins for Nightwing? What happend to Jason Todd?

Batman existed before the 5 years span. He had been operating for a long time but nobody knew if he was real or not. Jason Todd did die and come back to life. The whole Titans history is screwed up.

That would be the only question I have. What is going on with the Titans history? I like the teen titans books but I just don't see where Starfire and Nightwing and stuff fitted in to it anymore. I know Scott Lobdell says he's been acting like everything that happened still happened but that can't be right because Cyborg wasn't in teen titans now and Beast boy and Terra just got re-booted into ravagers.

Thats where #0 comes in.

#34 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@sentryman555 said:

@TheMess1428 said:

@sethysquare said:

How can Batman have 4 sidekicks in 5 years.? Did Wolfman/Perez Titans run exist? If not whats the origins for Nightwing? What happend to Jason Todd?

Batman existed before the 5 years span. He had been operating for a long time but nobody knew if he was real or not. Jason Todd did die and come back to life. The whole Titans history is screwed up.

That would be the only question I have. What is going on with the Titans history? I like the teen titans books but I just don't see where Starfire and Nightwing and stuff fitted in to it anymore. I know Scott Lobdell says he's been acting like everything that happened still happened but that can't be right because Cyborg wasn't in teen titans now and Beast boy and Terra just got re-booted into ravagers.

Thats where #0 comes in.

Yeah that's why Teen Titans #0 is just Red Robin's origin story, Skitter's origin story, and Bunker's origin story? Yeah really coming in right?

#35 Posted by AmaterasuNoHasu (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I should be able to keep up with the DC continuity now, which will be good and I won't have to keep scoffing at The New 52 as if it was unnecessary. It definitely did shake things up into a blur, but with everything in one place, i'll be able to be a true comic book fan. {fangirlsqueal}

#36 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

So will Hawkman be getting a zero issue too? I read the first story arc of Geoff Johns' Hawkman series but I still don't understand if Katar Hol ever existed in the current continuity.

#37 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti said:

Wait isn't the Justice League #0 a Shazam! story? Is that a real cover?

I'm assuming Shazam's origin isn't going to be finished in the backup and issue 0 will be the finisher.