Looks pretty cool.

B_Heart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By B_Heart

We do need more comic commercials, hope this shows up in a TV Spot somewhere.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By tonis

I'm in complete agreement G.

The publishers REALLY need to realize they're not in the stone age anymore and start marketing the way it REALLY means in 2011. There's no reason not to take advantage of all the cheap marketing available across all media forms.

I would rather see more commercials on tv pumping me up to buy comics than ads in the actual comic itself that I buy. When I actually do buy something, I want more 'product'. :)

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By sora_thekey

Marvel still makes better comic book commercials. Yet DC's was kind of awesome...

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#55  Edited By Deadcool

Seems good, I think that I would like this event more than the other 52 (I don't liked that much the other 52).
TheAvenger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By TheAvenger802

I have to say i think that this reboot/revamp whatever could go either way. But at least Aquaman looks amazing. I still wish that Martian Manhunter was still with the Justice League and not joining stormwatch.

ninjahamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ninjahamster

I as reader who only buys trades of only the best of the best in terms of recommendations and buzz I couldn't be more excited for this "new/reboot" and with the availability of digital comics, count me in.

Howlverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Howlverine
@spikevalentine: Totally agree with everything you said there.....except I don't feel alienated at all. I'm one of those who is looking forward to it.  
1) I kinda appreciate the attempt they're making to make some of the characters more relevant in today's terms.  
2) I also appreciate supes not wearing the underwear outside the pants any more.  
The rest of the costume changes, they're not MASSIVE changes...in fact a lot of them have already been enacted, they'll be easy to get used to. 
3) Continuity-wise....errm....DC's continuity has always been a bit up in the air anyway. Would this really be that difficult to accept?
4) Some of the Wildstorm characters are being brought into the DCU proper...which is kinda cool. People like Grifter, Apollo, Midnighter, et al. (Maybe Apollo could be a Superman clone) 

At best, I keep thinking of Warren Ellis' "The Authority". If it goes that way, it might work.   
At worst, I keep thinking of Final Crisis. And shuddering.
Totally agree on the bit about DC's writers though. Except for Geoff Johns. 
But Marvel does have wayyyyy better talent on roster right now.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b749253880e5
deactivated-5b749253880e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 2

@Howlverine: I didn't mean to sound all that angry about it. I'm looking forward for Action Comics, if is half as good as All-Star Superman, I'm on board, and as I said, Snyder is doing amazing work, and his team-up with Paquette (who has already worked with Alan Moore) just sounds perfect for Swamp Thing! I'm also curious about the incorporation of the Wildstorm Universe, specially Grifter (the DC Universe finally has a Gambit!). But yeah, truth to be told, I'm a Marvel Zombie, but I like reading all sorts of things from whatever company, the only thing I ask for is a good story.
Karez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Karez

Sw33t!
I look forward the new batman series (Detective Comics, Batman, Dark Knight), and the Superman series is very good for the reviews. (Action Comics!)
Only two weeks...this is hardest time.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By shawn87

That was pretty cool. I'm real excited to begin reading these new series. 

Druid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Druid

As much as I'm annoyed by DC's "Crisis" events and restructuring over the years, I have to say this commercial does make the new 52 look exciting and would probably cause some people to go pick up a copy of their favorite character's title... maybe even me. I'm up for a new beginning because if you haven't been following a title it can be hard sometimes to get into the storyline and know what the hell is going on.
As long as DC doesn't change a given title's numbering to 1 and then months later pretend that never happened and go back to regular numbering...only to start it at #1 again when a movie comes out. I remember when the numbers meant something, and if you saw a #1 it was a new series or volume and the old one was finished.

Avatar image for ultimategirlshileha1236
ultimategirlshileha1236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that was really cool if this appears on tv this would be my favorite commerical but they could have added some voice overs from there big 3 it would have been epic.

Avatar image for mistersarcastic
mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By mistersarcastic

That was pretty darn awesome. Never saw a commercial for a comic, but still

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

Cool

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By fps_dean

The commercial wasn't too bad but the music was plain, boring and repetitive.  Could have added something that would get the users attention more at the beginning, then quiet down until the end in order to draw them in more for what comes next.   I'd have even made a track they could have used...

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By GT-Man

Looks AWESOME! 
and if you pause for a sec you can see blood on who I think is the Joker mouth FREAKY but interersting