DC Comics November 2015 Covers and Solicitations

• 78 results
eamon542000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Happy to see Gotham By Midnight is hanging in there :)

Max_Syndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I like the covers but I don't like the Looney Tunes variants that much.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Titanbreaker

@sealife: Agreed. Sorry if I came off as rude its just this kind of mix matching is kind of ruining the series for me as Slade is either going up against gods or people that he really should not be concerned about. Meanwhile the Titans are ignored.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife: Agreed. Sorry if I came off as rude its just this kind of mix matching is kind of ruining the series for me as Slade is either going up against gods or people that he really should not be concerned about. Meanwhile the Titans are ignored.

You weren't rude at all, but I agree his constant fighting against people he shouldn't fight is annoying. I have to say I don't mind him against Waller, but it really is just an excuse to bring in Harley and the Suicide Squad. Teen Titans or Nightwing should have been a priority.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By justice teen

Holy over inflated Batman presence. But I do so love those Looney covers

I know right

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife said:

@titanbreaker said:

You weren't rude at all, but I agree his constant fighting against people he shouldn't fight is annoying. I have to say I don't mind him against Waller, but it really is just an excuse to bring in Harley and the Suicide Squad. Teen Titans or Nightwing should have been a priority.

In the first arc where people like Bronze Tiger and Lady Shiva showed up I thought this would be good match ups as both are considered top martial artists and with Slade's depowerment it would be an uphill fight. Bronze Tiger got dropped in a few panels and we never saw him clash with Shiva then we have an entire issue with Batman who really should not give him that much trouble considering how quick he took Tiger down. Only for him to later on agree to kill a god.

It just feels like Slade is bouncing of Batman, Wonder woman and Superman just to draw in fans of those books rather than tell stories that fit Deathstroke's mold. The stuff with his kids is great and I am glad they are not forgotten but damn is this books jumping up and down the power scale.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I'd just like to point out that the entire Hourman thing is a horrible, horrible, idea. I mean what?! We had Not-Flashpoint Thomas Wayne as Batman using Miraclo, AKA STEALING HOURMAN'S SPOT, then we get this?!??! What next?! Starman is gonna be a serial child murderer who eats dolphins?!?!

Oh! Better yet! Why not make Wildcat into a roid raging nut-case that beats up random people in the street while wearing a costume made out of skinned cats?!?! What about the eventual inclusion of Hawkman?! Hawkman's from Earth 2 as well!!! You gonna have him be some mutated Hawk-Beast that preys upon unsuspecting people and eats their livers?!

If they're turning Hourman into a serial killing supervillain I'm inclined to believe that could be a possibility!!!!!

Yeah at this rate? Earth 2 is gonna end up like Ultimate Marvel. WILD CHANGES for no reason which makes things needlessly convoluted and makes the characters pale imitations of their largely BETTER original selves!!!!! I complain about that in Prime Earth, but Earth 2? Has it the WORST now!!!!!!!

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife said:

@titanbreaker said:

In the first arc where people like Bronze Tiger and Lady Shiva showed up I thought this would be good match ups as both are considered top martial artists and with Slade's depowerment it would be an uphill fight. Bronze Tiger got dropped in a few panels and we never saw him clash with Shiva then we have an entire issue with Batman who really should not give him that much trouble considering how quick he took Tiger down. Only for him to later on agree to kill a god.

It just feels like Slade is bouncing of Batman, Wonder woman and Superman just to draw in fans of those books rather than tell stories that fit Deathstroke's mold. The stuff with his kids is great and I am glad they are not forgotten but damn is this books jumping up and down the power scale.

I have always thought Deathstroke vs Batman shouldn't be a fight, so I agree with the book being inconsistent and only surviving because of his opponents.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife: Me too. Batman is skilled but Deathstroke just packs more speed and power in most pre 52 fights Slade won or was stalemated (I am told Dick Grayson and Jason Todd as Robin backed Bruce up in the stalemate fight) Possum in the new series kind of fits as he is almost Deadpool in that he can never die thus could just pick himself back up no matter what.

Slade's dad is also interesting. How would you feel Slade (at full power) would handle the league of assassins? As far as I have read these 2 never clashed aside from Son of Batman movie which the less said about the better.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife: Me too. Batman is skilled but Deathstroke just packs more speed and power in most pre 52 fights Slade won or was stalemated (I am told Dick Grayson and Jason Todd as Robin backed Bruce up in the stalemate fight) Possum in the new series kind of fits as he is almost Deadpool in that he can never die thus could just pick himself back up no matter what.

Slade's dad is also interesting. How would you feel Slade (at full power) would handle the league of assassins? As far as I have read these 2 never clashed aside from Son of Batman movie which the less said about the better.

I would like it if they kept it consistent with how they have him against Batman. If Batman is able so should Shiva and then the league would be an interesting adversary.

One of the things I want from the book is more development between Slade, Rose and Jericho. I really like their dynamic.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman is a must, his solo book has been up there for 5 years now. And those looney toons covers are amazing.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By COBRAMORPH

I'm all for Spoiler entering Batgirl. If Batgirl was Cassandra Cain.

& that Gotham academy cover looks kinda sexual, with the hair looking like tentacles about to "lovingly caress" a young school-girl like most hentai.

SO sick of DC trying to turn Harley into a (anti-)hero. She is a villain. Keep it that way.

iZombie needs to be revamped & put onto the Justice League.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 the_stegman  Moderator

@kfabz-23: And Aquaman has been consistently good the entire time.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a second... Did they give Batman Beyond the Bunny-man robot suit that Gordon uses ? IS NOTHING SACRED ?!

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...OK, who in their right mind demanded more of the Dark Knight series? Were you not satisfied/put-off completely by the Dark Knight Strikes Again?

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife said:
@titanbreaker said:

I would like it if they kept it consistent with how they have him against Batman. If Batman is able so should Shiva and then the league would be an interesting adversary.

One of the things I want from the book is more development between Slade, Rose and Jericho. I really like their dynamic.

Would love some mention of Grant as I always feel he is ignored. Hell he is the reason Slade has his issues with the titans. I know he is dead and personally think he should stay that way but maybe mention him now and again as he is part of the family and the first Ravager.

Sadly Batman's popularity means that is always under threat. Slade can fight with prep and the right gear several powerful titan members or escape some damn powerful JL members. Goes up against Batman and it becomes a slug feast with both talking about how they are and what they are. When in reality Slade should speed/power blitz Batman in a few hits. Hell his staff can hurt Starfire I think it would drop Bats in a single energy blast.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker: At least Daniels kinda commented on that. I mean he might have had them fight pretty close, but he stated the the fact that it shouldn't be a fight. That got to count for something?

But yeah a mention of Grant know and then would be nice.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife said:

@titanbreaker: At least Daniels kinda commented on that. I mean he might have had them fight pretty close, but he stated the the fact that it shouldn't be a fight. That got to count for something?

Cause of Slade's recent depowering I think it kind of justifies it. Even though in the same state he beat Bronze Tiger and still shows some impressive feats. (He did sorta win as he rose first and left Batman buried under a building, but would prefer a more solid conclusion like a knockout punch)

Grant needs love. Its what made me like Deathstroke so much as he is not just a blood and guts type of guy but a dad who has lost a child and failed another (Jericho) to the point he is killing himself from the guilt.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife said:

Cause of Slade's recent depowering I think it kind of justifies it. Even though in the same state he beat Bronze Tiger and still shows some impressive feats. (He did sorta win as he rose first and left Batman buried under a building, but would prefer a more solid conclusion like a knockout punch)

Grant needs love. Its what made me like Deathstroke so much as he is not just a blood and guts type of guy but a dad who has lost a child and failed another (Jericho) to the point he is killing himself from the guilt.

Yeah that is the thing that makes him interesting.

Really hoping for a confrontation with the Titans or Grayson.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife said:
@titanbreaker said:

@sealife said:

Titans need to happen but other than Powergirl, Raven and Wondergirl it might be a stomp in Slade's favor even in his current state from what I read of the titans so far none would put up a good fight. Grayson might not happen as he is "dead" and seems to be more of midnighters thing now. New 52 might ignore any past between Dick and Slade completely.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife said:
@titanbreaker said:

@sealife said:

Titans need to happen but other than Powergirl, Raven and Wondergirl it might be a stomp in Slade's favor even in his current state from what I read of the titans so far none would put up a good fight. Grayson might not happen as he is "dead" and seems to be more of midnighters thing now. New 52 might ignore any past between Dick and Slade completely.

I know, but I still want it. Yeah Grayson shouldn't be a good opponent, but he is a better choice than Batman.

Hybryda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

is it me or half the titles are batman related? looks quite boring. Might pick up 2-3 books, maybe more if super bored, but too much batman, there are other characters in DC right? (mostly Marvel when it comes to books)

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@hybryda: Eh. Keep in mind that not everything you'd think is Batman related actually has that much Batman in it at all. Gotham by Midnight is actually a Spectre book and Gotham Academy doesn't feature much of Batman.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I'm actually really excited for Superman; American Alien. I love Nick Dragotta's art and I think Landis is a really talented writer. I'd love to see more of them.

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder who would win between Daffney & Diana Prince?...Why the original Wonder woman, of course

cza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but my wallet...