User Lists: 0

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@obsidian_raindrop1: How can he have villians IF THEY NEVER GIVE HIM A COMIC! That's the problem with DC so many of their characters lack character devolpment,villians, or personalities because if your not an A-lister or in the main 2s family they don't give two craps about you. How would any of the heroes have their own villians without solo series? Even then you don't need to create new villians just use some that would work in a Cyborg book that aren't really being used now. Another idea is give a plot about another company trying to peferct cyborgs for whatever reason causing alot of cyborg villians for Cyborg to fight while also having to take down the industry. Not the best idea but with a talented writer it could work. Either way DC really needs to push their c and b listers.

@captainmarvel4ever: Dc isn't exactly known for giving characters solo series. I understand why only a handful of them being good enough for solo series but still there are some good character their still not giving solo series too because DC. If you're not in the Bat-family or Sups family chances of a solo book are slim to none. But they are more open to trying team books even without the A-listers so maybe a Metal Men book led by Cyborg a sort of Aquaman and the other situation?

Bowl of meh. Picking up majority of Batman stuff and maybe New 52 ends or whatever. Probbably a few trades but overall not impressive.

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By CantDance93
No Caption Provided

Getting that for umm science related stuff....

Yeah, Im like getting 95% percent of the stuff on here.

“Atrocities” cranks the action up to eleven!" lol'd at that.

Denn979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picking up this month:

Batman 33

Batman and Robin 33

Grayson 1

Justice League 32, 33

Red Hood & The Outlaws 33

Robin Rises: Omega

Teen Titans 1

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You might think you know Nightwing – but you don’t know Dick.

Perfect solicitation. Just perfect.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So is Futures End going to be a light reboot for The New 52?

Regardless if it's another way for DC to get more money, I'm happy to see that they're doing the 3-D motion covers again!

Avatar image for iragulasuperbia
iragulasuperbia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By iragulasuperbia

• · Teen Titans 1 – With my fingers crossed, I will be picking this up. I’ve never read anything by Pfeifer before, and I just hope that it’s better than Lobdell’s work
  • · Justice League United 3 – Anybody have any idea who that is that they’re facing there? And I’m assuming that Miiyahbin is the Canadian character that Lemire’s introducing
  • · Justice League 33 – Ah, the Doom Patrol. This should be fun
  • · Green Arrow 33 – Wait, what’s going on?
  • · Secret Origins 4 – This one, I’ll be picking up to see Lemire’s take on Arrow’s origin
  • · Infinity Man and the Forever People 2 – I’m interested to read this series. I’ve never read too many of the New Gods stuff
  • · Superman/Wonder Woman 10 – Is that . . . Brainiac Lois?
  • · Batman 33 – Honestly, I’m more excited to see what comes after Zero Year more than anything else
  • · The Future’s End stuff produces a lot of mixed reactions. Some of the stuff sounds like a really, really bad idea, and some sounds at least interesting. It’s gimmick month, and I’ll probably buy more than I normally would. Also, is there ever a good future? Why is it that every future we see in comics sucks?

I will be getting far more than I just listed. This is just the stuff that leapt out at me.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@obsidian_raindrop1 said:

@captainmarvel4ever: name 5 villains cyborg has exclusively.

No Caption Provided

Well there is the Cyborg Revenge Squad which is made up of multiple villains that wanted to take down Cyborg. They could be used to help build Vic a rouges gallery.

No Caption Provided

There is also Elias Orr and the Phantom Limbs who were a group of soldiers that were being controlled and used tech similar to Cyborg's to fight him. Mr. Orr was the puppet master behind both teams.Cyborg fought them in his miniseries.

Vic could also inherit T.O. Marrow and his robots to fight. Since he helped build Cyborg this would make an interesting dynamic between the two. I also think that if Cyborg were to have Red Tornado in his book, then a writer could integrate a simmilar story from Young Justice involving Red Tornado and his humanity. Along the way Cyborg and the Metal Men could fight Red Torpedo, Inferno, and Volcano. He could also help the Metal Men fight enemies like Chemo, or the Death Metal Men.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Other enemies that would be a good match for Cyborg are other villainous robots from DC, like the Robot Renegades, robots who want to reign supreme over humans. The fact that Vic is half human half robot could make for an interesting storyline involving them. There are also lots of other tech based enemies that can fight him in unique ways like Nano (who was one of Cyborg's exclusive villains), or the Prankster. Basically Cyborg could authority on foes with super any super tech based powers, in a similar way to Aquaman being in charge of fighting all aquatic threats, or Swamp Thing dealing with any plant based problems.

No Caption Provided

Cyborg also has some great candidates for arch enemies. A character named Ron Evers has been an important character to Cyborg's lore, starting out as his friend, until they had a falling out. Eventually Ron himself became a Cyborg just like Vic (Transformed by Mr. Orr) who fought Cyborg, and eventually went on to start a cult called "The Church of Anti Technology". Btinging him into the New 52 would be vary interesting and provide Vic with an enemy. Another candidate is Brother Blood, who was a Titans villain, but like Cyborg, moved on to bigger things in the New 52. Much like how Lex Luthor and Captain Cold are polar opposite's of they're heroes, Brother Blood is a man who purges the sanctity of life, and uses twisted organic powers. Considering Cyborg is in many a twisted result of an accident involving super tech, he would be an interesting character to fight Brother Blood, and to have a story revolving around Cyborg's feelings of lost humanity. Lastly he could also fight Amazo, who is probably the most powerful android on earth. Both Amazo and Cyborg share similar design and parts, so Vic fighting an all robot mirror of himself with no humanity to it could also be very interesting.

No Caption Provided

So that's some of Cyborg's exclusives/semi-exclusives, and other enemies he could fight.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MarcosVergara14
No Caption Provided

Sorrentino please stay forever in Green Arrow

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewalkingdeadpool18: I think if they are willing to give us books like Star Spangled War Stories and the Forever People, then they are willing to give Cyborg a shot eventually.

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ZbvmX

"Twelfth level intellect Lois Lane uses all her new Psi Power against the God of War, Diana, in the ultimate showdown! And Superman must go up against the new Cyborg Superman as an invading armada arrives in space!"

Lookit that big brain on Lois! Got to love SM|WW :D

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By viin

Green Arrow and Grayson look good to me. I kinda wish Andrew Robinson was the actual artist on Grayson cause I really like that cover...and what is going on with all the Futures End crossovers? They better not kill off Ollie.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

No Caption Provided

Sorrentino please stay forever in Green Arrow

It's like an inverse of the Det Comics cover

No Caption Provided

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By PapiNacho

@hushofthewind: Because KGBeast that's why.

@allstarsuperman: Never my friend, never.

Having said that, seriously DC Lois vs Diana? You can do better. Also a bit worried they didn't announce the creative teams for September, hope that isn't a bad sign. Aside from that everything looks awesome.

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever:

But those are more alt universe, along with some being other companies that DC owns. Few main continuity characters DC is actually willing to give a book to. It's the main 6 leaugers and the main 2s families and that's about it. If they were willing to give us a Cyborg series we would have one by now. We don't even have Martian Manhunter, or Booster Gold etc.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewalkingdeadpool18: Forever People and Star Spangled War Stories are going to take place in the DCU. Plus, I think if Aquaman can manage to get two books, then Cyborg may have a shot. More and more people are wanting it, and Geoff Johns as done a good job setting up material for a writer to use if they wanted to start a story. I wish Johns himself could do it, but he's already stretching himself pretty thin.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many times can Oliver Queen have his world shattered? I feel like one should be firmly established before that can happen.

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: I don't know much about Forever People but War Stories is being featured today in the comic news. It's not really going on with the whole DC hero and villians thing of DC. Along with i think not being ongoing but more limited. Either way where was it confirmed War Stories is in main DCU? I'm pretty sure they made no comment on that, and that is just assumption. But still in terms of their heroes their leaugers etc however you want to put it few outside of the main leaugers (main as in a-list iconic well known) get books. No Black Canary,No Static Shock,No Booster Gold,No more Blue Beetle,No Martian Manhunter,No Captain Atom, No Huntress,No Power Girl (though she fits in the Supfamily) No like anything which is probbably my biggest gripes with the mountain of things wrong with DC as of lately. I want a Cyborg series especially even more if they use the idea of making it a robot team book with the Metal Men and Red Tornado included having Cyborg be leader since he's part human they could find a way for that to be connected. But their not going to do that because it's DC. Unless they see a major huge popularity fly through the charts thing they won't even both trying. While meanwhile Marvel is giving us Doop. Do you even know who Doop is? I barely know who he is and their giving us a series with him while Cyborg is limited to a team along with many other characters? It's harder to get invested in the DCU when 90% of their characters are just side characters who rarely get spotlight or character devolpment because DC won't give it to them. The DCU is basically the main 6 leaugers and the main 2 characters family. Then everyone else is a side character in the universe.

Still i would really like a Cyborg series or a robot team series we talked about before. But i still also want a MM series. WIth the amount of powers he has you could really do something special with a series on him.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewalkingdeadpool18: Static, Blue Beetle, and Captain Atom all had books, but they were all canceled due to low sales. Power Girl and Huntress are in the World's Finest series, which is all about them (Issue #22 just came out, it's really good, and you don't really need any prior knowledge to enjoy it, so if you have some extra cash check out issue 22). Black Canary is in the Birds of Prey book, and although it's a team book, the book puts much more focus on her in particular. Booster Gold was the main character in JLU, he was not the center of attention like Black Canary in Birds of Prey, but he did get more attention then most characters. Personally I would like to see DC relaunch JLU, then they could put Booster back in it, and add Blue Beetle and Captain Atom, which would be very interesting (I know that's a little off topic, but I figured I would throw that in). Martian Manhunter was the main character in JLA, but now that it's canceled he may deserve his own series. Considering how much fans like him, it may happen. I don't know much about Doop, but I do know part of the New 52 has been DC giving really unknown characters chances to shine, which has sometimes worked, but usually failed, although I do respect them for trying. I think they afraid that Cyborg could fail, and because of his new importance they don't want that to happen. I'm hopping with all the added hype he has been getting we can finally see that happen. I think you and I have the same idea about how it should be written. If you scroll up a bit, I made a post with potential villains for a Cyborg series. So DC is not as bad with characters as they seem, but I still wish they would give some other ones spot light. I think as time goes on, and the New 52 gets past the "Experiment Stage" we will start to see characters fit in better, but for now, I'll keep hoping to see a Cyborg series.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obsidian_raindrop1 said:

@captainmarvel4ever: name 5 villains cyborg has exclusively.

No Caption Provided

Well there is the Cyborg Revenge Squad which is made up of multiple villains that wanted to take down Cyborg. They could be used to help build Vic a rouges gallery.

No Caption Provided

There is also Elias Orr and the Phantom Limbs who were a group of soldiers that were being controlled and used tech similar to Cyborg's to fight him. Mr. Orr was the puppet master behind both teams.Cyborg fought them in his miniseries.

Vic could also inherit T.O. Marrow and his robots to fight. Since he helped build Cyborg this would make an interesting dynamic between the two. I also think that if Cyborg were to have Red Tornado in his book, then a writer could integrate a simmilar story from Young Justice involving Red Tornado and his humanity. Along the way Cyborg and the Metal Men could fight Red Torpedo, Inferno, and Volcano. He could also help the Metal Men fight enemies like Chemo, or the Death Metal Men.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Other enemies that would be a good match for Cyborg are other villainous robots from DC, like the Robot Renegades, robots who want to reign supreme over humans. The fact that Vic is half human half robot could make for an interesting storyline involving them. There are also lots of other tech based enemies that can fight him in unique ways like Nano (who was one of Cyborg's exclusive villains), or the Prankster. Basically Cyborg could authority on foes with super any super tech based powers, in a similar way to Aquaman being in charge of fighting all aquatic threats, or Swamp Thing dealing with any plant based problems.

No Caption Provided

Cyborg also has some great candidates for arch enemies. A character named Ron Evers has been an important character to Cyborg's lore, starting out as his friend, until they had a falling out. Eventually Ron himself became a Cyborg just like Vic (Transformed by Mr. Orr) who fought Cyborg, and eventually went on to start a cult called "The Church of Anti Technology". Btinging him into the New 52 would be vary interesting and provide Vic with an enemy. Another candidate is Brother Blood, who was a Titans villain, but like Cyborg, moved on to bigger things in the New 52. Much like how Lex Luthor and Captain Cold are polar opposite's of they're heroes, Brother Blood is a man who purges the sanctity of life, and uses twisted organic powers. Considering Cyborg is in many a twisted result of an accident involving super tech, he would be an interesting character to fight Brother Blood, and to have a story revolving around Cyborg's feelings of lost humanity. Lastly he could also fight Amazo, who is probably the most powerful android on earth. Both Amazo and Cyborg share similar design and parts, so Vic fighting an all robot mirror of himself with no humanity to it could also be very interesting.

No Caption Provided

So that's some of Cyborg's exclusives/semi-exclusives, and other enemies he could fight.

Loading Video...

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewalkingdeadpool18: Static, Blue Beetle, and Captain Atom all had books, but they were all canceled due to low sales. Power Girl and Huntress are in the World's Finest series, which is all about them (Issue #22 just came out, it's really good, and you don't really need any prior knowledge to enjoy it, so if you have some extra cash check out issue 22). Black Canary is in the Birds of Prey book, and although it's a team book, the book puts much more focus on her in particular. Booster Gold was the main character in JLU, he was not the center of attention like Black Canary in Birds of Prey, but he did get more attention then most characters. Personally I would like to see DC relaunch JLU, then they could put Booster back in it, and add Blue Beetle and Captain Atom, which would be very interesting (I know that's a little off topic, but I figured I would throw that in). Martian Manhunter was the main character in JLA, but now that it's canceled he may deserve his own series. Considering how much fans like him, it may happen. I don't know much about Doop, but I do know part of the New 52 has been DC giving really unknown characters chances to shine, which has sometimes worked, but usually failed, although I do respect them for trying. I think they afraid that Cyborg could fail, and because of his new importance they don't want that to happen. I'm hopping with all the added hype he has been getting we can finally see that happen. I think you and I have the same idea about how it should be written. If you scroll up a bit, I made a post with potential villains for a Cyborg series. So DC is not as bad with characters as they seem, but I still wish they would give some other ones spot light. I think as time goes on, and the New 52 gets past the "Experiment Stage" we will start to see characters fit in better, but for now, I'll keep hoping to see a Cyborg series.

I don't remember a Captain Atom series but that's my point. Team books. I've read them their still team books. They can have on be the leader but they still make all share the spotlight and harldy any of the non A-list heroes get character development or time to shine because of it. Team books can do that if handled right like GOTG who even then for a long time hasn't been using much of Drax. X-Men probbably would've been a better example.

The series fail then they basically give up on the character that's stupid. They came out at the start of the 52 when alot of people were against and the quality of the beginning of the New 52 was pretty crap for most characters. But they just basically say screw the character after that. I bet both Static and Beetle would have a good sale rate in a new solo series if they actually bothered to try but DC doesn't do that. I understand teams are more DCs thing but that's a problem when you don't handle it right causing lack of character devolpment or spotlight causing most character to just come off as side/background characters. It's why you barely really get the feel of a good shared universe. Feels so seperated that happens to crossover durn teams. Otherwise each character feels like he/she is in a universe of their own ignoring villians and families of the character.

I disagree with that one part about time to shine in New 52. I know you got into comics during New 52 and find Marvel complicated and without readin the pre 52 comics you won't really know how much time to shine characters got. Alot. Because team books were handled better at DC before the New 52. Now their just a mess (typically) with no character getting character devolpment or time to shine. It's basically been the main 2 and oh yeah i guess we have these other 4 guys but ignore the rest their just side characters. LIke wtf DC.

Cyborg could help push more solo series from DC so lets wait and see. Though if they use our idea it wouldn't be a solo series but close enough to take more risky groups. I'm surprised they don't have a Batfamily team up book yet. With DC obsession with only the main 2 heroes and their family you think those teams would exsist. A team of Batman,Batgirl,Batwoman,Nightwing, Batwing, and Red Robin then one with Superman,Superboy,Supergirl,Powergirl and i feel like i'm missing someone else Kryto? IDK but as much as i complain on DC only focusing on those 2 characters and their families i still really like the Bat-family and i could get more on board with Superman stuff if it was a team of the supers.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

three aquaman issues in one month

WHAT IS HAPPENING I DONT EVEN KNOW

(btw is anyone else turned on by that cover of Mera?)

lol

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MuyJingo

My only real responses to this, after seeing that first GRAYSON #1 image is that Didio and Johns really need to leave/resign/be fired and let someone more capable take over.

That of course Death of the Family needs to throw in a mask to get people buy it, as it was a terrible story.

And that of course the issue with the cover of Lex defeating Batman was written by Johns.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewalkingdeadpool18: If you want a list of New 52 publications (not including mini series or one shots) then you can check out this page: http://www.comicvine.com/the-new-52/4015-56061/ For the record, Captain Atom's New 52 series sucked. The writers tried to turn him into Doctor Manhattan, but that doesn't work for Captain Atom. I know Dr. Manhattan is based on him, but they should still be separate characters.

Team books were not a part of the conversation, you listed characters you felt should have solo series, and I informed you of their statuses. Not all characters are given up on, and I think some are going to be re-worked in later on. Characters like Static and Blue Beetle may have to wait because DC needs to start from square on with there Young Justice books. I am surprised they weren't on the new Teen Titans team, but I have a feeling DC has a plan for them later on. Also, I think they advertised Blue Beetle quite a bit, he was the center of focus for YJ season 2. I think saying it's because "they didn't try" is honestly a bit ignorant (no offense).

Lot's of minor/new characters/series got a chance in the New 52. Resurrection Man, Black Hawks, Mr. Terrific, Hawk and Dove, Voodoo, Firestorm, Batwing, Men of War, Sword of Sorcery, Talon, O.M.A.C., Legion Lost, I Vampire, Larfleeze, G.I. Combat, Demon Knights, Katana, The Green Team, Threshold, Frankenstein and the Agents of S.H.A.D.E., Trinity of Sin Pandora, Vibe, Dial H, World's Finest, The Ravagers, The Movement, as well as characters who got one shots in National Comics (which had a story about one of my all time favorite E-list heroes, Kid Eternity), DC Presents:, Character specific one shots, and other mini series. Most have failed, but some have worked out. It's been a lot of trial and error, but I think the New 52 has done a lot for these minor series. I may not have been reading before the New 52, but most people I talk to, who either love or hate the New 52, have said they like that DC has been trying harder to experiment with their properties. Although DC has been failing with Wildstorm characters, the integration of Vertigo characters is actually going really well. Also, even if a series didn't succeed, like Frankenstein, Hawkman and Firestorm, the fact that they sold for a while means that they got to stay relevant. Plus in the upcoming Futures End series, which I at first thought would be stupid, is looking really really good, because it has so many minor characters getting the spotlight. Not to mention that even though Vibe got canceled (which is a shame because that was a good book, that I suggest you check out) it was enough to make him relevant, and now he's going to be on TV, which is pretty cool.

This video actually sums up some good and pad aspects of the New 52:

Loading Video...

I don't think this video addresses any of your issues in the New 52, but I feel like someone else is going to pass by, see this post and want to argue about it, so I figured I'd throw this in. Also, although I really like the New 52, I don't think it's perfect.

If you want a good Superman family Batman Family crossover, then check out the Batman/Superman annual, it was really good, and it included Krypto! (which is always cool). World's finest is also a good series, I didn't start from the beginning, because I heard it starts out a little slow, but it's a really good book that mixes elements from the Superman and Batman families (like I said, issue #22 gives a good feel for the series). It's generally a fun series to read. I also think giving Cyborg a series would be a good idea, and a big step forward.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD REBOOT CATWOMAN & SUPERBOY!!!!

Also, New Suicide Squad FTW!!!!! Just wondering when the f**k did Slade have time to be there when he was helping Luthor & the others fight of the syndicate.

Also Zombie G.I. looks AWESOME!! Also hyped for robin omega & the new teen titans. But not really happy about "Grayson" :/

And last but not least, GOD DAMN, does future end have a lot of special one shots, this is as much if not even more then flashpoint...

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole Future's End thing just gonna create more questions than answers for me O.o

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#80  Edited By 2cool4fun
@madeinbangladesh said:

ANd what is up with all the future's end books?

I think it's something like Flashpoint. It had it's own special one shots, so that it did not have to have tie-ins.

@timelord said:
I think I'm buying 35 books out The New 52 at this point so much great stuff DC are really starting to change things up everything bad has been culled or given new creative teams so excited right now.

I agree, too many books to buy, and soo hyped. Now if only they could reboot or replace catwoman & superboy, I would be a happy fellow :)

Last thing, someone just go give DC a High Five, because FINALLY after a year and a half they took Lobdel of EVERYTHING and put him on the only title he did any real good, plus I mean he did create that title.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's something very juvenile within me that cannot wait to see Lois and Diana duke it out...

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohhh, I love the cover of Batman #33! Looks very nice. And what's up with Batman Eternal?! It's releasing so much issues in little time! Are the series any good? I know Scott writes this book, so I'm assuming it has to be very good one.

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#83  Edited By dreamfall31

Excited to have THREE Aquaman issues in one month! Just got into the character with this new creative and I am loving it! GI Zombie looks pretty neat too, that team is awesome and I'll support any new ongoing they get!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Her humanity lost forever, Wonder Woman embraces her true nature as the God of War to battle the armies of Nemesis!

This would be really great if it turned out to be Wildstorm's Nemesis instead of the one from Greek mythology that it's likely going to be.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#85  Edited By Zeeguy91

Question: Do I have to read the "Hunt for Robin" arc that's been going on in Batman & .... to follow Robin Rises: Omega? I've been neglecting that series.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh said:

ANd what is up with all the future's end books?

I think it's something like Flashpoint. It had it's own special one shots, so that it did not have to have tie-ins.

@timelord said:
I think I'm buying 35 books out The New 52 at this point so much great stuff DC are really starting to change things up everything bad has been culled or given new creative teams so excited right now.

I agree, too many books to buy, and soo hyped. Now if only they could reboot or replace catwoman & superboy, I would be a happy fellow :)

Last thing, someone just go give DC a High Five, because FINALLY after a year and a half they took Lobdel of EVERYTHING and put him on the only title he did any real good, plus I mean he did create that title.

Aaron Kuder took over Superboy the last issue was surprisingly coherent even quite good. Here's hoping he can save the book from cancellation it's sales and reputation have been poor.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@muyjingo said:

My only real responses to this, after seeing that first GRAYSON #1 image is that Didio and Johns really need to leave/resign/be fired and let someone more capable take over.

And that of course the issue with the cover of Lex defeating Batman was written by Johns.

Just asking, but, what do you find so off-putting about the new direction for Dick Grayson? I mean, shouldn't we just wait for it to drop before judging. Plus, with Tim Seeley writing, it can't be that bad.

Plus, it actually might be a good thing that Johns is showing Lex having an upper hand on Batman. God knows we've had enough of the "Batgod" trope thrown in our faces. Though, just to expand on this point, it doesn't mean that Geoff Johns hates Batman. Making the hero be challenged by the villain is definitely not the same as hating on them. Its actually basic storytelling 101.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lost of great writers and dare i say....even better artists. Wish I had time to read all the ones that look interesting.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid solid lineup.

Definitely picking up:

• Batman
  • Batman Eternal (So far so good)
  • Detective Comics (Can't deny me that Manipul art)
  • Batman/Superman (New arc, no more World's Finest!
  • Superman Unchained
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash (Not stoked for Booth, but I can't deny me some Barry/Wally)
  • Green Lantern
  • Sinestro
  • Aquaman
  • Green Arrow
  • Justice League

Wait and see:

• Grayson (Dat Jaw)
  • Robin Rises
  • Batman & Robin
  • Batwoman
  • Justice League United
  • Justice League Dark
  • Suicide Squad (New team looks awesome. Intrigued by the premise).
  • Aquaman & The Others
  • Action Comics (still not whether I want to suffer through Lobdell for Superman Doomed)
  • Superman/Wonder Woman (Ditto).
  • Superman (Stoked for Johns, but not for JRJR :( Better than the first image, but still)
  • Supergirl
  • Red Lanterns
  • Green Lantern Corps

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#90  Edited By scouts1998

• Justice League United #3
  • Justice League #32
  • Justice League #33
  • Green Arrow #33
  • Wonder Woman #33
  • Action Comics Annual #3
  • Action Comics #33
  • Batman #33
  • Detective Comics Annual #3
  • Detective Comics #33
  • Swamp Thing #33
  • Superman/Wonder Woman Annual #1

Maybe -

• Batman: Death of the Family book and mask set
  • Absolute Batman Incorporated
  • Bodies #1
  • Vertigo Quarterly: Magenta #1
  • Sandman Overture #3
comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#93  Edited By Captain13

Pretty much all the excitement I had with DC 3 years ago is gone. For the first time in my life, I am a bigger Marvel fan.

The only DC books I love right now are Green Lantern Corps, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Superman: Unchained. My biggest disappointments are Justice League and Teen Titans. Those books should be 1000x better.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Gyardos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How much money do I have?

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I didn't think of that but there's also a gun which Diggle would use

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Black Canary vs Amanda Waller??? Hell YES! Kick her F###### ASS Amanda!

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dem Alex Ross covers though. =P

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of these solicits are gonna mean much if DC doesn't do well in May or June.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If DC removes Pak from Action, I might not follow it anymore.

Keep Pak on and keep Lobdell as far away as possible.