DC Comics December 2014 Solicitations

• 103 results
HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@papinacho: i agree, Wonder Woman looks horrible on that cover. It seems they took away a fierce, dominate look for the cliche portrayal of women in comic books. And the design for Meryln looks lazy in the arrow books.

Anyways on the bat news

I was wondering if that was Batgirl under that cowl or not, i hope the solicits arent shoot us a red herring. Hopefully that Darkseid vs Batman fight well be PR for the Hellbat suit and not a 4 page knockout in Darkseid's favor. I think DC is gonna age up Damien like that did Ian (Cap's son) in Marvel.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@captainmarvel4ever: Billy..... Captain Marvel....... MARVEL FAMILY.......... I..... They...........

Loading Video...

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I wish DC could get a proper Legion book running well, great setting, great characters, c'mon guys, make it work!

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

These Lobo covers are so strange but the series is definitely grabbing my interest.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow is going to introduce Merlyn in December… and they’re still going “Nah man, the book and show are two separate things”"

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Billy..... Captain Marvel....... MARVEL FAMILY.......... I..... They...........

Loading Video...

I feel the same way

@kerrigan said:

I wish DC could get a proper Legion book running well, great setting, great characters, c'mon guys, make it work!

Jeff Lemire, Jimmy Palmiotti have both expressed interest in writing a new Legion book. Geoff Johns also want's one, but he is way to busy to be even thinking about that.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn! That is some great artwork! Grayson, Futures End, Superman, and most of all Deathstroke have some great covers.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife said:

Batman better freaking not defeat Darkseid.

Just by thinking about it Batman can kill Darkseid, cure cancer, and erase Hitler from existence.

You're wrong the only one capable of doing all of that is........Morgan Freeman

Anyway Aquaman fighting Gorilla Grodd!!? That is bizarre yet freakin awesome at the same time lol

The Green Arrow and Deathstroke covers look amazing and since when can Black Mask fight!?

Also Batman with superpowers? That's a bit op, but as long as it's temporary and in only a few story arcs I'm okay with it.

The World's Finest #29 looks interesting, is it a prequel of Earth 2 Batman and Superman before they died in the war?

So many questions haha

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59  Edited By lagozzino

Damn, I want those Darwyn Cooke variants so bad but I know that the few that my store actually gets in stock will be horribly marked up :/

And Double Damn, The Unwritten is ending in a few months! It has been such a consistently good series for years, and I'll miss reading new installments of it every month.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@captainmarvel4ever:

I am resigned to the fact he will be called Shazam in every other piece of media and really if it helps boost him in popularity, more power to him. But this makes me feel better about it, since there is an EXISTING world where Billy, Mary, Freddy, and the rest of the Marvel Family cast are still the same.

My main message to DC? MAKE AN EARTH-5 SERIES!!!

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: I want an Earth-S series, just like in the pre-crisis comics, an entire Earth for Captain Marvel and other characters that were part of that Earth (like Kid Eternity or other Fawcett characters) otherwise 1 comic with classic Cap is not going to be enough to get me over the name change or the different personality.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WonderStar=Donna Troy I'm calling it.

Hoping the Aquaman/Grodd thing leads to some type of tp defense/offense.

Wonder who's the new member of TT.

Edit: Just saw the "himself" in solicitation... Maybe a alternate Jon?

WonderStar is a man.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much Earth 2 in December.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MUST HAVE THOSE SUPERMAN BOOKS RIGHT NOW!

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I. Can someone enlighten me on what is the difference between the Secret Six and the Suicide Squad? Anyone?

II. Does Green Arrow only fight archers? Like is his rogue's gallery filled with archers?

III. I knew Damian was going to come back. Fans complain the same way they complained about Spider-Man dying. They all come back eventually, especially if they are profitable.

IV. I'm glad Simon Baz is back... sort of back at least.

V. I can't believe Red Hood and The Outlaws is still going. I read a few issues and they sucked. Forgive me, I'm being dramatic. They were quite mediocre. There are too many amazing books being cancelled to see this series still going. Then again, it is a Batman related title and the Batmites are crazy loyal. Hence, why they are making Gotham Academy and Gotham Nights. (+)

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justice_teen: definitely looks like an amalgamation of Supes and Wondy though. Even the name is Superman and Wonder Woman.

Wonder (Woman) and Star (Superman). I'm just glad they're finally interacting their independent books.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Same here. it's just too bad someone one is going to eventually screw up their relationship and then fix, but the screw up will still be stuck in our heads. I really love how so far they blend in the romance and heroics without making one outshine the other.

@yung_ancient_one Ahem man to that. I am getting tired of Batman and his family always getting the spotlight. He has way too many books.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By righteous300

i was really hoping Infinity Man and the Forever People would stay out of the GL event.

Excited for:

Justice League

JL 3000

Grayson

Batman: Endgame

Multiversity

Infinity Man and the Forever People

Deathstroke

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I. Can someone enlighten me on what is the difference between the Secret Six and the Suicide Squad? Anyone?

II. Does Green Arrow only fight archers? Like is his rogue's gallery filled with archers?

III. I knew Damian was going to come back. Fans complain the same way they complained about Spider-Man dying. They all come back eventually, especially if they are profitable.

IV. I'm glad Simon Baz is back... sort of back at least.

V. I can't believe Red Hood and The Outlaws is still going. I read a few issues and they sucked. Forgive me, I'm being dramatic. They were quite mediocre. There are too many amazing books being cancelled to see this series still going. Then again, it is a Batman related title and the Batmites are crazy loyal. Hence, why they are making Gotham Academy and Gotham Nights. (+)

Suicide Squad works for the government,for them it's a battle for survival,it's about the mission, Secret Six are a dysfunctional family.

Merlyn is a long time GA nemesis,the only other Archer is Komodo and he's a recent creation not to mention dead.

Red Hood,Batwoman and Catwoman are unlikely to last past March-June.

Gotham Academy and Gotham After Midnight(not Gotham nights) are NOT Batman books,the latter is a Spectre book seriously.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

Richard Grayson gets two Secrete Origins stories?! What kind of bull is that?! Give someone else the spot light! Also I love yet hate how secretive they're being about Endgame! I want to read it but then again I want to wait till Eternal is over! Ugh the Struggle. Batman v Darkseid! holy crap this is going to get intense!

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

secret six!!

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

XANADU.....I LOVE YOU....WELCOME BACK. thanks for the saturnalia gift dc :)

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

New Robin? We were promised a returning Robin! (cross my fingers for Damian) @g_man !!!!!

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mightyrearranger

-The Suicide Squad pre-52 and New-52 work for Amanda Waller. She fills their ranks with a combination of characters loyal to her and prisoners in Belle Reve Prison, in exchange for reduced sentences.

-Gail Simone's Secret Six (not the original, but re-imagined and better known), on the other hand, was a group of existing mercenaries, outlaws, and the like who were contacted during Infinite Crisis. They were hired by a mysterious "Mockingbird" to combat Alex Luthor's Society. After Alex died, Lex no longer needed them, but they remained in touch and took up residence in the House of Mysteries, being hired for odd jobs throughout their series.

-So in short: Suicide Squad were generally forced to undertake their missions. The Secret Six generally took on their challenges in exchange for a bounty of some sort. That being said, nobody knows where Gail will take this version of the Six.

2. Count Vertigo says hello!

No Caption Provided

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75  Edited By lagozzino

@entropy_aegis: what makes you think those are about to get canned? Especially with the upcoming push to make Catwoman a very important figure within Gotham

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Batman vs Darkseid!!!
  • Finally Baz is getting some attention
  • Excited for Superman Earth 1
Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Blackice709
No Caption Provided

is that storm? lol

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By timelord

Lots of good stuff really interested in Justice League United.

I wonder if Red Lanterns and Swamp Thing will survive Charles Soule leaving the books I guess we will find out in the March Solicitations.

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@yung_ancient_one: It'll continue it's eight in sales right now, but with scott lobdel back on it will probably pick up steam again (plus he's probably going to get a boost in sales with the supergirl cameo). They cut bottom six usually of sales so it will live.

Yes I am a batman fan yes I do plan on checking out those new series but it's not because of batman (I personally think he's boring) it's because of the universe gothem and the characters in it are so interesting and awesome that yeah a school in gothem does pique my interest as to what that's like to be a student.

I have a question for you: is it wrong to like a character and his universe?

Plus this way when gothem at midnight is cancelled they might make specter book and fans of gothem by midnight will read it for specter.

substance104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG?! Where is Batman Beyond 2.0???!

Does this mean Batman Beyond 3.0 coming soon? or is beyond cancelled again?

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, I've gotta tag @joygirl for some Black Alice appreciation too! :D

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Russian strawberry characters? Year, that's good. xD

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything here looks awesome. BUT....

IF BATMAN DEFEATS OR EVEN BEATS UP DARKSEID THAT'LL BE A BIG POS.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So darkseid is now everyone's punching bag

Mecha darkseid looks cool

Constantine vs manchester black looks good

Shazam is finally called captain marvel yeah

Nkvdemon, Kgbeast, Cheshire are all back

Aquaman is looks badass

looking forward for secret six

Deathstroke looks boss

interested in the Infinitus saga (jlu is an interesting book)

godhead looks very promising

Earth 2 keeps getting better

Justice league dark looks cool

Klarion looks good

Beetle and gold are back

everything here just looks awesome

but if lobo doesn't start bulking up and keeping some dreadlocks DC should prepare for another cancelled comic

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of Earth 2-related stuff in December. Me like. My buys for the month include:

• Batman #37
  • Batman Annual #3
  • Batman and Robin #37
  • Constantine #20
  • Earth 2 #29
  • Earth 2: World's End #9
  • Earth 2: World's End #10
  • Earth 2: World's End #11
  • Earth 2: World's End #12
  • Earth 2: World's End #13
  • Justice League Dark #37
  • Robin Rises: Alpha #1
DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

The Arrow Statue is horrible.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much great stuff coming out! My wallet's gonna hurt, but my heart will be happy. Secret Six revival has ESPECIALLY got my attention, as has Cullen Bunn's new series for Vertigo.

Also, I find it funny that Bat-fans think Johns hates their hero...looks like he listened and is giving him a chance to kick some major backside.

bogdaknove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course Cooke wouldn't draw Deathstroke......too dark and gritty.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is back!!!

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife said:

Nah he'll just get out of there by the skin of his teeth.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife said:

Nah he'll just get out of there by the skin of his teeth.

Darkseid you mean? :)

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Merlyn looks like Ultimate Hawkeye in black.

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife:

Only if Batman has the magic bullet again ;)

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

definitely picking up Scalped HC Edition.

Morrison's Invisibles Edition.

Fables is still on pull list, along with Coffin Hill.

gonna be trying Cullen Bunn's creative title for Vertigo as well, love how Vertigo is kicking more ass right now than main titles under DC.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Please FIX BLACK MASK IN THE UPCOMING CATWOMAN.

NO MORE MIND CONTROL FOR BLACK MASK.

PLEASE GOD...please.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

• I always heard really good things about the Pre New 52 Secret Six but never checked it out. Maybe the diversity, humour and appeal of the characters this time round could make Secret Six DC's version of Superior Foes of Spider-Man.
  • Multiversity: Thunderworld looks brilliant! Classic Captain Marvel nostalgia, a sweeping multiversal story and Morrison's usual style of meta story telling with a great hint of all age appeal. Definitely gonna get this one.
  • Justice League United 7 seems cool. The Infinitus Saga is sounding like an exciting crossover between Lemire's new team and his favourite superhero team, the LOSH. I have high hopes for this story arc.
  • Pre New 52 Blue Beetle and Booster Gold back in JL 3000? What gives, does this mean there's going to be a Pre New 52 DC Earth in the Multiverse? Oh I bet that means there is isn't there? Great, appealing to the Pre New 52 diehards is just going to make things worse DC.
  • Still not sold on Wonder Woman yet. Meredith's plans sound too general so far and Finch's artwork can be bad if rushed. Plus I knew she would have to shoehorn in the Superman/Wonder Woman fauxmance.
  • Now Superman #37 sounds like some majorly intriguing albeit slightly uneasy news. On the one hand, I've loved Johns' writing of Superman so far with bringing in old and new supporting cast members as well as making Superman a nice, good guy again. He does really get Superman and it's great to see the character being written so well. On the other hand, this metamorphosis and "peace and goodwill with a price" stuff is an unknown area. I do trust Johns to do this well, I just hope editorial doesn't make it dark for the sake of it.
  • Can't really say anything on Batman: Endgame myself since there's no news about it. I will miss Snyder writing Superman Unchained though.
  • Of course Batman was going to fight Darkseid eventually. That much was an obvious inevitability. I wonder what history will remain intact between them as well as how powerful the Hellbat armour will be shown to be.
  • Getting real tired of all these GL crossovers but at least it brings the New Gods in. Still, I'd prefer it if the New Gods were allies rather than enemies. Why does everyone always fight and butt heads in the New 52?
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#99  Edited By Magian

@lvenger said:

• Pre New 52 Blue Beetle and Booster Gold back in JL 3000? What gives, does this mean there's going to be a Pre New 52 DC Earth in the Multiverse? Oh I bet that means there is isn't there? Great, appealing to the Pre New 52 diehards is just going to make things worse DC.

The writer have confirmed that JL 3000 takes place in the future of an Earth that is pretty similar to the one before Flashpoint.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#100  Edited By Lvenger

@comicman24: Yeah I saw the interview on Newsarama. It seems there will be a Post Crisis Earth in the new Multiverse now.