Very interestinggggg.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@dernman:

i would be really upset if they dont have an ongoing supergirl. I have enjoyed her book throught the entire new 52 run so far. There never was a point that i felt like dropping it. It's had its ups and downs, but every book on the shelf has ups and downs. Its just one of those things i look forward to each month, i have ever since i started reading comics. The second ongoing i ever got into was her 80s ongoing, pre crisis. So i really really hope that they announce it soon.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Ok so the Omega Men have relatively 0 relation to the new gods but it's still Tom King so I'm giving it a shot. Plus I'm in need of a new alien book since I dropped GL a while ago

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Lovin the sound of these

tim_mik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

capelibra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wished DC would have included their Digital lineup in the announcement (would be nice to know the status of Mortal Combat and Injustice). In any case here's my outlook:

Title
Batman Beyondnope
Bat-Mite (6-issue limited)nope
Bizarro (6-issue limited)nope for me, but the kid may like it
Black Canary

will wait to hear more about this, but that image isn't

promising (looks like a bad Dazzler knockoff in the

making)

Constantine: The Hellblazergod yes
Cyborgyou had me at "Ivan Reis"
Dark Universenope
Green Lantern: Lost Armynope
Doomedwill wait to hear more about this
Earth 2: Society

I'm so behind on my Earth 2 reading that if this starts

with #0 I may say to heck with everything else and just

read this

Dr. Fatenope
Harley Quinn/Power Girl (6-issue limited)nope
Justice League of America

DC please don't follow Marvel (and the

Avengers) down the road of creating 5 million titles for

the League

Justice League 3001nope
Martian Manhuntergod yes
Midnightergod yes...but Storm Watch really deserves to be revived
Mystic Uget my mystic fix from Constantine, so probably nope
Omega Menwill wait to hear more about this
Preznope
Red Hood/Arsenal

god yes (I know most aren't fans of Lobdell

but you have to admit his run on this title was

pretty good)

Robin, Son of Batmannot a fan of Damien, so nope
Section Eight (6-issue limited)will wait to hear more about this
Starfirenope
We Are Robinwill wait to hear more about this

Also happy to see Aquaman, Logo, Grayson and Teen Titans coming back (I've been a little worried about the Lobo and the Titans especially).

capelibra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One other thing, Bryan Hitch is becoming the George R. R. Martin of comics. He should banned from writing/drawing any other titles until he wraps up Real Heroes.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

I'm a little bummed that they're not going to Talon (Calvin Rose) but at least he got his happy ending, yet I feel like there's so much more they could have done with the character. Looking forward to Batman Beyond but I don't know much about the writer so I'm a bit nervous. Robin Son of Batman looks promising but without Tomasi I'm still on edge. Dr. Fate, We Are Robin, Red Hood/Arsenal sound pretty interesting. Justice League of America has the same heroes as Justice League? That's going to be weird.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Oh! i have no doubt that they have no intention of maintaining a quota of 52 series, because they haven't actually had that many in their main line (New 52) since May 2013. My complaint really is that while they are putting out fewer titles, they count their minis toward that quota, which they didn't do at the beginning of the New 52, when they had a larger amount of titles in their quota.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Interesting. Pretty excited lol.

I wouldn't mind a Barry/Hal team up book though.

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great to see that DC is bringing out a lot of new titles, I am really excited for a good number of those new books coming out.

The following will definitely be added to my pull list:

- Cyborg

- Constantine: The Hellblazer

- Black Canary

- Dark Universe

- Robin, Son of Batman

- Dark Universe

There are a few I am on the fence about picking up

- Dr Fate - I like the character, however I really haven't been enjoying any of Levitz writing since the new 52 began

- Batman Beyond - I really just need more info around this title, if this is set in the Beyond future then I will be all in. If this is set in present day then it loses a lot of its appeal to me.

- Green Lantern and Green Lantern Lost Army - Had to drop these titles with all the constant crossovers that i just couldn't afford it keep up with, I'm hoping with only these 2 titles that the crossovers won't be so prominent.

Like others have mentioned I was sad to see no Shazam title, however I am sure DC will have other books coming out in the months after June when some of the mini-series' are coming to the end and it would make sense that Shazam was one of those books.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Lobo has been awesome, of course it's staying.

ShadowLife248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@boynerdgeek: He's just okay to me but at times his work is quite messy and isn't solid.

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MIDNIGHTER IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

And yes Captain Marvel deserves his own book

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#266  Edited By Outside_85

@outside_85: Lobo has been awesome, of course it's staying.

I like to imagine it's debut spot of 66th with the first issue has since been dropkicked below the 100th spot by now, hopefully resulting in cancellation soon enough and Sparklebo's immediate death at the hands of the real Lobo.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@captainmarvel4ever: It is weird that Supergirl sales higher than Lobo but it get cancel. According to stats and logic Supergirl should stay and Lobo should get cancel. No, DC don't follow statistics and logic, they cancel Supergirl and let Lobo survive

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Glad to see Dr Fate getting an ongoing ... it's been a long time

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By RustyRoy
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These covers are awesome, specially the JL #40 one.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Romita staying on Superman? I really don't like his art.

WonderHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By WonderHunter

I'll be checking out:

1. Black Canary
  2. Constantine: The Hellblazer
  3. Cyborg (about time)
  4. Dark Universe (because why not)
  5. Green Lantern
  6. Dr. Fate
  7. Harley Quinn/Power Girl
  8. Martian Manhunter (YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES)
  9. Starfire (This was a really pleasant surprise)
  10. We Are Robin (...maybe)

Also:

@teerack said:

@xwraith said:

@transformers1024 said:

"Doomed by Scott Lobdell"

I just love foreshadowing and puns!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

This ^

detective38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat-mite bydan jurgens yes please

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

About this “publishing something for everyone” goal. I couldn’t disagree with it more. Sure it would be fine to put out a small line of this genre or that genre, but to minimize the regular superhero stuff, which is DC’s bread and butter, in favor of having assorted genres in its main line, strikes me as an idiotic move that will continue to alienate their longtime fans, just like the New 52.

And what the heck does a “modern approach” or “modern feel” mean? Comics seem to always have that. And to reflect the real world around us? I have no idea what that means, though I certainly hope it won’t make their storytelling ability take a turn for the worse.

I then read the line “In this new era of storytelling, story will trump continuity…” and I swore out loud. What the eff?

About Dark Universe, I’m glad to see Tynion. This should be good. But does anyone else find it odd for someone to do art on one series and write another? I’m referring to Ming Doyle. I’m not sure if that is a man’s or woman’s name. But this person is credited as writer on Constantine Hellblazer, with someone else on art, and as artist on Tynion’s Dark Universe.

And how many titles can Cullen Bunn write at once. He’s doing Magneto, Moon Knight, and I think one other book at Marvel, something at some smaller publisher, maybe several somethings at several smaller publishers. Then at DC alone he’s got Sinestro, Lobo, Aquaman, GL: Lost Army, and Wolf Moon. Maybe he’s signing exclusively with DC?

Is there something wrong with having a diversity of tone? As I recall, most of DC's fanbase WANTED that and expressed dissatisfaction with the "house style" of the New 52 seemingly dominating all of the titles. Of course, it'll still be superhero stories, but only in a wide range of tones that can appeal to several different audiences. There's nothing wrong with that. Its better to have a diverse lineup that can appeal to many people rather than simply peddling the same exact thing 50 times over but with a different cover.

Creators do art and write all the time. Francis Manapul did it on Flash and Detective, Jeff Lemire did it on Sweet Tooth, etc.

I would do backflips if Cullen Bunn signed an exclusive with DC.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91: I don't recall saying anything about tone or art style, though I do prefer uniformity in art style throughout one whole shared universe. My gripe is really with them coming out with so many titles that are really just slapstick comedies, some of which just happen to feature characters who have in the past traditionally appeared in superhero stories, while fans here and there want a straight action adventure ongoing from this character or that, because DC's library of characters has millions of members, and like fifteen of them actually get their own series. The cartoon Teen Titans Go is really funny, but is generally disliked by hardcore fans because of the lack of an actual good action cartoon featuring DC characters, such as Young Justice or JLU. I say this to illustrate my point. While I'm sure there will still be some good action books, the number dwindles when you give comedy series to comedic characters like Bizarro, Bat-Mite, Harley Quinn, Prez, etc. without including them in a separate line in order to maintain a quota of good action books.

And I know creators often write and draw, but what strikes me as odd is that Ming Doyle is writing one book and drawing another. Why not just draw the one he or she is writing? (I still don't know if Ming is a man's or woman's name.) I suppose it is possible this isn't as odd a phenomenon as I think, but as far as I know, usually when someone writes and draws a book, it is the same book, like basically everything written by Tony Daniel or David Finch.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would just like to see DC stick with a continuity for at least a decade. Re-start, re-boots and all new origins are maddening. Having said that, this looks like a good time to jump back on board the comic wagon, so I am looking forward to this and Marvel's big shift. Also what happened to Supergirl? I like that book, but maybe it's being retooled to parallel the upcoming TV series. Ah well, only time will tell and chances are in another 3 years there'll be a whole new universe repackaged for "a modern audience".

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm definitely going to check out Cyborg, Red Hood/Arsenal, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, We Are Robin, Batman Beyond, E2 Society & Midnighter. I'm still upset that there's no Doom Patrol, Atom or Vixen.

I think it's pretty stupid how Justice League & Justice League American have the same rosters. I was hoping a Justice League Unlimited vibe.

Prez & Omega Men sound intriguing, even though I haven't heard of them.

I love Power Girl. But I hate Harley, so I won't be picking up PG/HQ

Mystic U sounds like it could be Young Justice mixed with Harry Potter.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Why is Romita staying on Superman? I really don't like his art.

Didio and DC are treating him like a major draw when his best days are far behind him. It's basically the name and reputation and the fact DC have taken him away from Marvel that probably underline their reasons for bigging up Romita Jr so much. Ironically, most reviewers have at some point criticised Romita Jr's art and many fans aren't happy with Romita Jr's art either. Sadly though, DC's days of listening and appreciating the fanbase are behind them with the current executive staff on hand.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey DC get Alex Ross to work on Superman again or Jason Fabok or Alex garner or Andrew robinson or Jim Lee. I'm tired of JRJR.

Also we need more Grant Morrison and more classic DC including Doom patrol, frredom fighters, challengers of the unknown, captain marvel and Outsiders.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: That's the feeling I get, too. It's reminiscent of way back when Jack Kirby came to DC and they played it up on all his books (KIRBY'S HERE!), except JRJR doesn't deserve the hype, IMHO.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger: That's the feeling I get, too. It's reminiscent of way back when Jack Kirby came to DC and they played it up on all his books (KIRBY'S HERE!), except JRJR doesn't deserve the hype, IMHO.

Spot on, it is similar to the Kirby advertising DC pulled decades ago except Romita Jr doesn't deserve such praise. I'm honestly considering switching to Action Comics after the June soft reboot. And I'm not actually a big fan of Pak's AC, and I'm a guy who mostly prefers story over art. Yet Romita Jr's style hasn't helped me enjoy Johns' story any more than Kuder's style on Action Comics.