Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

This winter Marvel is completely switching things up, creating new series featuring different characters and swapping writers on many of their ongoing books. With Deadpool's current ongoing series coming to an end, it's safe to say that writer Daniel Way has had a very long and relatively successful run on the title with 60+ issues under his belt. So what's next for the creator?

When asked in an interview earlier this year what he would be working on since his run on DEADPOOL was coming to an end, Way revealed he would be "working on a team book and...that's about all I can say." Considering the writer has ample experience portraying Deadpool in his comic book series, the obvious choice would be for Way to take over writing duties for Rick Remender on UNCANNY X-FORCE since, you know, Deadpool in on the team. This was the rumor that was circulating the net until today.

This morning Marvel unveiled the teaser image for a new book due to hit stores this December that would be written by Way and feature art from Steve Dillon. The teaser consists of one word: "Lightning" and an image of red cross-hairs set in a black background. So, what team book can we associate with the word "Lightning"? Thunderbolts, of course. So the big question we are left with, what Marvel characters will Way have the pleasure of playing with on the upcoming title? While we're hoping Deadpool (which would make sense considering the history of the types of characters featured on the Thunderbolts teams), we want to hear what you think. Who would you like to see on Daniel Way's upcoming Thunderbolts title?

#1 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool's ongoing is ending? I thought Way was just ending his run on it.

#2 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

Thunderbolts... What does this mean for the Dark Avengers title? (Unless this is a new #1)

#3 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

@Scarlet_Rogue: yaa its ending then rebooting in November, two comedians are working on it, i forgot their names but tony moore is doing pencils.

#4 Posted by kennybaese (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

@Scarlet_Rogue said:

Deadpool's ongoing is ending? I thought Way was just ending his run on it.

It's getting relaunched at issue 1 and a new creative team is taking over, so kind of? I at least understand why Sara worded it that way.

#5 Posted by TheHood (155 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy to see the name "Thunderbolts" back on the cover of a book. I never liked that they changed the name, especially when half the time the book still focused on the 'Bolts and not the Dark Avengers. Also, as somebody who stores his comics in file cabinets by title, it really bums me out when the title changes. Not to mention its really weird to go through my Dark Avengers folder and see the jump from issue 16 to issue 175 and knowing that I'm not missing anything...

#6 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

worst creative team ever

#7 Posted by cc1738 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to know what title Ryan Stegman is going to be on.

#8 Posted by pspin (894 posts) - - Show Bio

I want him to finish his venom series.

#9 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

considering marvel just completely messed up thunderbolts, i doubt it's that

maybe a relaunched x-force but now led by storm or some crap

whatever it is, it'll be terrible. terrible writer + terrible artist does not equals great book.

#10 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

considering marvel just fucked thunderbolts in the ass, i doubt it's that

maybe a relaunched x-force but now led by storm or some crap

whatever it is, it'll be terrible. terrible writer + terrible artist does not equals great book.

Storm with a pistol! She's back! After a messy divorce with T'challa she's back on the streets of Cairo robbing people with her gun.

#11 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Storm becomes a New Orleans cop as well as a single mother going through a rough divorce.........but luckily she's not alone when Neal Shaara (aka Thunderbird II!) comes along for the ride! CAN STORM CLEAN THE STREETS OF THE BIG EASY, OR WILL THE BIG EASY CLEAN THE STREETS OF STORM? $6.99.

#12 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: YES!!!

Her first issue will have "GUEST STARRING WOLVERINE!!"

#13 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

^Yeah. That's really cute.

No thanks.

#14 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@pspin said:

I want him to finish his venom series.

I want his Venom series to be collected in a rocket and launched into the sun.

#15 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

STEGMAN!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!!

#16 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd hate to see Dillon wasted on the Thunderbolts.

#17 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio

Enough marvel who's doing xforce already !?

#18 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

Am i the only one that liked his Deadpool run? (well, what i've read of it anyway)

#19 Posted by Teerack (7459 posts) - - Show Bio

Clearly this is a Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns teaser.

#20 Edited by Nowak (2 posts) - - Show Bio

If it is indeed the Thunderbolts, I predict the Dark Avengers timestream plot will wrap up with some members of the Dark Avengers, and some members of Luke Cage's Thunderbolts being merged into a new team to be led by the Red Hulk (which adds Annie and Machine Man into the mix). At the end of Hulk #57, Jeff Parker said the big guy will go on to lead a team, and one the writer is familiar with... Parker currently writes Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers. Who better to whip a bunch of current and former ne'er-do-wells into shape than a military man who is himself seeking redemption for his past sins? Who better to lead the Thunderbolts than the original "Thunderbolt" himself, General Ross?

#21 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be awesome I say. Way's run on DP was stellar, and him tackling the Thunderbolts would be simply great I think.

#22 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be more than happy a Thunderbolts story, just keep deadpool out of it. The great thing about the thunderbolts is that they have so many obscure characters that together make a good story and i think DP would demand too much attention and take away from what's made the book so good for so long.

#23 Posted by CircularLogic (282 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, I really hope Parker sticks with the thunderbolts. The Deadpool ongoing is just terrible, just an excuse to make a funny character say funny things with no substance to it at all. Uncanny X-force was the only book starring Wade that I enjoyed, because it treated him as a real character. Hopefully Marvel has something else up their sleeve for him.

#24 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope it's Thunderbolts and it's not the Dark Avengers team....they suuuuuuuuuuck....I've actually been skipping their parts in the book and just reading the Thunderbolt parts

#25 Posted by jonb227 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey: last week jeff parker announced, i believe at wonder con that dark avengers was continuing on with a repowered & newly walk-able usagent at the helm....also his latest issue of hulk, which is the last with red male hulk said that he would be "heading up a title that i'm familiar with (that's a hint)" which sounds to me like dark avengers, or now that i think of it, it could be a red herring and he's going to be with the new thunderbolts....i'm calling it now, red hulk is most definitely on this team

#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35166 posts) - - Show Bio

Dillon? No thanks.

#27 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

@Green ankh: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Dillion is bad! And Thunderbolts are awesome!!!

#28 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#29 Posted by LifePool (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't they say Punisher is joining a team book? This would be it. Love to see Deadpool and Punisher team up.

#30 Posted by TDK_1997 (15118 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the book with the worst creative team in Marvel NOW!

#31 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

Eb I hope it's not thunder bolts , i mean dark Avengers took Over there book

#32 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

The writer who made me drop Deadpool, the artist who draws the strangest eyes and lips ever, and Red Hulk and Punisher going nuts.

I think this might kill Thunderbolts for me.

And screw the people who diss Thunderbolts.

#33 Posted by pspin (894 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: I must disagree with that, I thought it was fun and different take on the character, plus Skottie Young's art was great

#34 Posted by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nowak: This sounds quite feasible. I'd read anything with Machine Man in it.

#35 Posted by nappystr8 (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

He's clearly working on Thunderbolts from the teaser, but the cross hairs seem like a strange thing to show. Maybe Deadpool will be part of this team? But also I'm guessing the Punisher might be the reason for those cross hairs. Rucka said he'd be involved with some team when his solo series gets cancelled.

#36 Edited by Danial79 (2326 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Thunderbolts but have gone off it since it became Dark Avengers. If Dillon jumps on the title, that's enough to make me never speak of it again. I can't stand that guy's art. It's just... terrible. Truly terrible.

#37 Edited by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF goes on at Marvel's offices? "We had to change Thunderbolts into Dark Avengers because it wasn't selling, what do we do?" "Oh I know let's take a subpar writer and one of the worst artists we've ever employed and put them on it!" "That'll do".

#38 Posted by Gritterr (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

#39 Posted by JonesDeini (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking Thunderbolts or Red Hulk

#40 Posted by Teerack (7459 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gritterr said:

@Teerack said:

#41 Posted by NuclearLife (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice Like Lightning! But may be it's in reference to Thunderstrike. Ya that's a long shot.

#42 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

idk seems closer to Cable to me

#43 Posted by Mezmero (969 posts) - - Show Bio

The Living Lightning is coming back? Muy bien.

#44 Posted by ogg927 (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: You were right. The creative team is a joke, the buck has been nothing but mediocre since it started.