Cyclops and Wolverine Fight Each Other in Schism #5 to Kick Off X-Men: Regenesis

• 182 results
adamantexile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By adamantexile

If you look closely, Wolverine has something in his right fist that he is trying to keep from Cyclops. I'm guessing it's some sort of kill weapon that will take out the sentinel, but at great cost of civilian life. Wolverine is trying to keep it from him, thus neither is trying to kill the other, they're merely (again) disagreeing on method.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#102  Edited By Trodorne
@ReVamp said:
Well, technically speaking, I don't think there's anyway Cyke could win this if it went to the death, but it looks pretty cool.
I agree, while in theory it sounds like a good fight. in practicality Scott is going to lose hardcore.
Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Looking at this fight im pretty sure the giant sentinel won this x3
KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By KDarkholme

I have chills!!!
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By _Zombie_
@The Myth: I see it now, but I'm still doubtful.  I also really hope they DON'T bring her back.  I hate Jean with a passion.. 
telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By telepathic666

why doesn't he just shoot his head off? 

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#107  Edited By The_Myth
@telepathic666
Indistuctable adamantium skull, as long as Logan's brain survives he can regenerate.
chaloy82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By chaloy82

Awsome there's no way cyclops wins wolvi would take him any time.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By frozenedge2
@ZombieBigfoot said:
@The Myth: I see it now, but I'm still doubtful.  I also really hope they DON'T bring her back.  I hate Jean with a passion.. 
I'm glad somebody shares my feelings about Jean Grey. I wonder why they're so intent on ignoring that giant garbage sentinel trying to kill them. And what is Wolverine holding in his hand? It looks like a remote to a bomb or maybe its the battery for the remote 
Avatar image for apatheticavenger
ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -3

@ZombieBigfoot: THANKS YOU! I really want no more of that overpowered, uninteresting, Mary Sue redhead.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111  Edited By TheCrowbar
@chaloy82 said:
Awsome there's no way cyclops wins wolvi would take him any time.
Cyclops fought the New X-men to a standstill. Wolverine was part of that team.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ssejllenrad
@cattlebattle said:
I hope Cyke kills him, but unfortunately, I know that won't happen
Same here...
Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#113  Edited By Meteorite

Pretty awesome fight, but shouldn't they pay attention to the GIANT SENTINEL behind them?

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By jubilee042
@SC: i didn't know jubilee and pixie were JB fans lol and all the fuss is becuase  cykes wants to play with pixie while emma is gone LMAO
Avatar image for apatheticavenger
ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

@Meteorite: You know how cool guys don't look at explosions? Same idea, just with a giant killer robot.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#116  Edited By Timandm
@cattlebattle said:

Kill Wolverine?  But...Do you realize how many teams in the Marvel Universe would lose a member if Wolverine died?  Almost all of them right?  LOL!

@telepathic666 said:
why doesn't he just shoot his head off? 
Actually, it looks as if he HAS shot Logan in the face a couple of times...  That's why is face appears to be burned off... Of course, this is confusing on two levels.  1: Cyclops optic blast is supposed to be a concussive force not a laser or heat beam... and 2: Why didn't a point blank blast in the face launch Wolverine into orbit?  

Although, I'm rooting for Wolverine on this one so I'm looking forward to the fight and seeing Logan win this one...
SnakeEyes327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By SnakeEyes327

@NeoAndroid said:

Why doesnt Cyclops just rip off his Vizer and blast wolverine fully?

At what point would Cyclops even have the time to pull off his visor? Wolverine has him occupied with both hands.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By theicon
@Timandm said:
@cattlebattle said:
Kill Wolverine?  But...Do you realize how many teams in the Marvel Universe would lose a member if Wolverine died?  Almost all of them right?  LOL!
correct
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Timandm
@adamantexile said:
If you look closely, Wolverine has something in his right fist that he is trying to keep from Cyclops. I'm guessing it's some sort of kill weapon that will take out the sentinel, but at great cost of civilian life. Wolverine is trying to keep it from him, thus neither is trying to kill the other, they're merely (again) disagreeing on method.
I wonder if Logan's holding some sort of bomb that will not only destroy the sentinel but kill the person inside the sentinel...You know, the one who's driving the thing...  I can see them getting into the same old "X-men NEVER kill (Scott) verses Common sense" argument.
Scott and Storm love to look down at OTHERS who kill when the need arises... They like to pretend that they NEVER kill and that killing is ALWAYS wrong... I could see it being something like that.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#120  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

This is the worst thing I've ever seen.  

Neither character is fighting at all how they should be.  

**** you, Aaron. 

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Trodorne said:
@ReVamp said:
Well, technically speaking, I don't think there's anyway Cyke could win this if it went to the death, but it looks pretty cool.
I agree, while in theory it sounds like a good fight. in practicality Scott is going to lose hardcore.
Short of Cyclops being written by a moron (that base is covered with Aaron), there's no way for him to lose. Blast Logan into orbit. Done. Hit him with a blast that erodes all his organic matter away. Done. Dig a massive trench and walk off. Done. He's beaten Juggernaut and Black Tom single-handedly. Logan is not an issue. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#122  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Wolverine vs. Cyclops is a stupid match up.We all know if not for writing,Scott could just sit there and fire on Wolvie all day.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#123  Edited By Aiden Cross

Why would Cyclops get in close combat with someone he knows is dangerous in close combat and pretty damn harmless in ranged combat which is his strong point. He's more tactical savvy than that.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Aiden Cross said:
Why would Cyclops get in close combat with someone he knows is dangerous in close combat and pretty damn harmless in ranged combat which is his strong point. He's more tactical savvy than that.
That's what happens in comics.Writers frequently disregard consistency for plot lines.
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Aiden Cross
@Vance Astro: I know, but it annoys me.. Where's that scan of Ultimate Cyclops vs Ultimate Wolverine. That's what should happen, three panels is enough.
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Aiden Cross
@Aiden Cross said:
@Vance Astro: I know, but it annoys me.. Where's that scan of Ultimate Cyclops vs Ultimate Wolverine. That's what should happen, three panels is enough.
Never mind, found it

No Caption Provided
leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By leokearon

Maybe they should deal with the Sentinel first before trying to kill each other
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By weaponmaster

Too much gore and blood. What is wrong with people?
fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By fivestarga

This whole event has been a waist of time. Why not just give us the final issue? I for one loved the way their bromance had developed over the years, so I'm a little pissed at this story. Sentinels, 12 year olds, and Wolverine vs Cyke; just a bad idea that doesnt fit in my opinion. 

I like Wolvie, but i'm very biased towards Cyke and believe he would take this match up. Raw power and geniuis strategy will take feral rage any day.
fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By fivestarga
@mikeclark1982

You are 100% correct, I couldnt agree more. This feels very awkward, and it pisses me off.
Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#131  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Seems a bit silly really

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#132  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

haha 
The Image of Cyke jumping out of the  Sentinels (I guess) hand to jump at Wolverine was awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98cd905fc97
deactivated-5a98cd905fc97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember when Cyclops got tired after using a single optic blast, and Wolverine sometimes took a day or so to heal major injuries? Guess that would make for a boring issue here. :P

tha_mercenary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By tha_mercenary

Wolverine is WAY stronger than Cyclops, he would be able to stick his claws in Cyclops' face before stuff got serious. But I think they're both holding back. Otherwise someone would be dead by now. *cough* Summers, *cough*

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By JBBuc
@pspin said:
This fight is actually quite even. Sure Wolverine has claws and kill people and metal bones and those are a lot of pluses but people unerestimate Cyclops. Cyclops had been doing this sne he was fifteen, (I will gess that he has about fifteen years experiance, he looks about thirty) and he has probably known Wolverine for ten years. This means that Cyclops has had ten years to study Wolverine and his fighting tactics and had made contingancy plans in case Wolverine ever became a threat to mutants. This means that he has trained to execute these plans therefore know what he has to do, it is simply a matter of Cyclops being able to exicute his plan. As for everyone who doubts Cyclops ability, he destroyed a sentinal alone in Astonishing X-Men (it was wounded but still an impressive feat.)  Not sure who I want to win, both need their ego to come down a bit, I like the Gold Team books better, so Wolverine I guess
Ok, so Scott has been at this for 15 years or so. That's great. Hasn't Logan been fighting since the the turn of the 20th century? I mean the guy supposedly is one of the greatest hand to hand fighters in the Marvel universe. He fought in WW1, trained as a samurai, was a Weapon X programmed killing machine, and at one point, fought Hulk to a draw.  
Logan should be physically stronger, faster, more agile and more durable that Cyclops. He also has more combat experience and a greater level of hand combat training. Has all of that been retconned out recently? If not, a close combat fight between Logan and Summers should go to Logan pretty convincingly, IMHO.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#136  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Looks pretty intense.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Aiden Cross said:
@Aiden Cross said:
Never mind, found it

No Caption Provided
Cyclops is so badass when he wants to be.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

ATTENTION DUMB PEOPLE. 

@Aiden Cross said: 

No Caption Provided

NOW SHUT UP.

Doombert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Doombert
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Trodorne said:
@ReVamp said:
Short of Cyclops being written by a moron (that base is covered with Aaron), there's no way for him to lose. Blast Logan into orbit. Done. Hit him with a blast that erodes all his organic matter away. Done. Dig a massive trench and walk off. Done. He's beaten Juggernaut and Black Tom single-handedly. Logan is not an issue. 
I think you mentioned the orbit thing more than a few times.  When has he ever blasted someone into orbit before?  When has he single-handedly beaten Juggernaut?  Why would he even do any of this if his goal is to get what is in Logans hand?  Simmer down ya big nerd...your fanboi is showin
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Doombert said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Trodorne said:
@ReVamp said:
I think you mentioned the orbit thing more than a few times.  When has he ever blasted someone into orbit before?  When has he single-handedly beaten Juggernaut?  Why would he even do any of this if his goal is to get what is in Logans hand?  Simmer down ya big nerd...your fanboi is showin
The orbit thing is hyperbole (look it up), I just mean he'll blast him away. He single-handedly beat Juggs and Black Tom in his mini-series by Brian K Vaughan.  

I wasn't aware he was trying to get something in Logan's hand.  

And don't call me a nerd or a fanboy, when I'm correct. 
Doombert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Doombert
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Doombert said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Trodorne said:
@ReVamp said:
The orbit thing is hyperbole (look it up), I just mean he'll blast him away. He single-handedly beat Juggs and Black Tom in his mini-series by Brian K Vaughan.   I wasn't aware he was trying to get something in Logan's hand.   And don't call me a nerd or a fanboy, when I'm correct. 
I think we can all say that Scott has the power to demolish Logan if he wanted to, that wasn't his purpose in this fight, just like its not Logans goal to kill Scott.  (if it was his claws would have been in Scott's face).  The whole thing is very misleading.  They are not trying to kill each other at all.  They are just fighting for whatever that object is.  I just get annoyed at the orbit comment, seen it like 3 or 4 times and I was like "ummmm...that guy seeing something that I'm not..."
Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Trodorne
@FadeToBlackBolt: @Doombert:  But even still, If scott wanted to win easily for the object. Why would scott not simply blast away the meat from wolverines joints, cause even though he has a healing factor simple biology dictates you can't move your arms and legs if your missing your muscles from the joints. render wolverines arms and legs useless for a min and then take the object. its not that hard.
Doombert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Doombert
@Trodorne said:
@FadeToBlackBolt: @Doombert:  But even still, If scott wanted to win easily for the object. Why would scott not simply blast away the meat from wolverines joints, cause even though he has a healing factor simple biology dictates you can't move your arms and legs if your missing your muscles from the joints. render wolverines arms and legs useless for a min and then take the object. its not that hard.
While I concur that Scott should win a fight...I honestly dont think that either are written to their best potential here.  Only argument with what you said was Logan has been seen more than a few times blitz fighting.  He has be written that he is literally faster than the eye can follow.  Not running wise but strikewise.   I think if he wanted to he COULD demolish Logan (again if that was his goal)  I dont think he could make accurate shots at strategic points if Logan was moving the way he has the ability to.  I think the way the fight is going is actually pretty biased to Cyclops atm.  Just think about it.

In reality if Cyclops only goal was to get the object in Wolverines hand he couldnt take the risk of blasting him all to hell and Logan just moves too quick for Cyclops to make the shots he needs.  Logan is PLENTY fast enough, strong enough and durable enough to take whatever melee Cyclops has and get the KO quick.  The fact that he wasnt KO'd by a adamantium headbutt and fist to the face from a guy with higher than Olympic level strength is just silly.  In this situation Logan should take it 9/10.  Writer is biased to Wolverine?  My hairy ass!
lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#144  Edited By lorex

What I am wondering is why are they fighting when it appears there is a Sentinel attacking them. Are the under some kind of outside influence. I just can't believe they would fight each other with a Sentinel running around. Also in hand to hand combat Wolverine should win here, its his specialty. Though I wonder how serious the fight is if Wolverine has a clear shot and punched Cyclops in the face but doesn't use the claws, so maybe this is one of their stress relieving fights that they have had over the years.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Trodorne
@Doombert said:
  In this situation Logan should take it 9/10.  Writer is biased to Wolverine?  My hairy ass!
Good to know on the level of hair on your ass, second if the writers are not biased to wolverine why is he being made leader? last time if I checked people the man suffers from a little thing called FERAL RAGE. Wolverine has been and always will be a mad dog killer. he has done one of two things in his past, go into solitary so he can be alone with his thoughts, or he murders practically everything in sight. Like yes I understand he is one of the popular characters in the marvel universe, hence the 10 seperate titles he is in. But the fact is He is no leader, even with X-force when he lead that group it was for one thing and one thing only, killing anyone who got in the way. he is not a diplomat, he is not a negotiator, he is a mad dog killer. there for not fit to lead under any circumstances. no amount of money or polishing is going to change that. 

Id say that this story is not biased, except for a stupid ass reason for breaking up the x-men, but it will however be biased towards its money making character. Wolverine does not know the first thing about politics or even care too, so at what point does he decide what is best for what remains of the mutant race? So obviously if no one has figured it out yet from the hints and teasers comicvine and marvel have been throwing out, Scarlet witch is going to have it that mutants are coming back again. but it remains to be seen whether or not old mutants are coming back again. 

Before i go, I want to put this into perspective. A man who fought and killed many people in say Operation: Desert Storm, and also fought in Afghanistan and Iraq, killed lots of people because he was ordered too. comes back to america, he has some anger issues but he loves everyone around him. all of a sudden he wants to run for presidency, obviously it would be a good thing to vote for him right? ill let you think on that.
fitchy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By fitchy101
@MuadDiab said:
Another Epic Spoiler brought to you by every single comic book site
Yup, gotta love spoilers.... *sigh*
unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By unicornpuncher

Someone just need to push someone else under wherever the sentinel is about to step.... game over.

Also is this the first they have been fighting not about a woman?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#148  Edited By ReVamp
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Doombert said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Trodorne said:
@ReVamp said:
The orbit thing is hyperbole (look it up), I just mean he'll blast him away. He single-handedly beat Juggs and Black Tom in his mini-series by Brian K Vaughan.   I wasn't aware he was trying to get something in Logan's hand.   And don't call me a nerd or a fanboy, when I'm correct. 

1. If a Hyperbole, then it would mean that Logan would come back eventually.
  2. I believe, recently, Logan was shown to heal from nothing but his adamantium bones. It must have something to do that this has becomes Adamantium Beta, or something like that, because of his healing factor. That was the main factor in my deciscion. After a dozen times of getting his a** handed back to him, he'd get back, and kill Cyke.
  3. True, but Logan is different. Its not that he's a strong oponent, its just that its pretty much impossible to get done with him without killing him, unless he's impriosoned, but then he still hasn't killed him. I'm not saying Logan would have beaten him in this fight, because he wouldn't.
Benuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Benuben
@Vance Astro said:
Wolverine vs. Cyclops is a stupid match up.We all know if not for writing,Scott could just sit there and fire on Wolvie all day.

He obviously desperately wants, what Wolverine is holding in his hands.
crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#150  Edited By crazed_h3ro

This fight does seem strange. If Logan really wanted to kill Scott he would of done it by now, seeing he threw some punches into the face of Scott. It seems that Scott is more determine than Logan, and also is focusing on getting some sort of detinator that Logan has in his hands, while Logan is preventing him from having it. This must be very important to the two, since the aren't paying any mind to the giant sentinel attacking them. So What does this mean?