• 182 results
Posted by G-Man (37025 posts) - - Show Bio

With all the DC news we've been seeing lately it's nice to finally get some Marvel content -- and it feels like today is ( the un-official) X-Men day. Over the last week or so we've been seeing a lot of teasers for Marvel's upcoming X-Men: Regenesis. With each teaser we've been learning little by little more about the event upcoming event and now we know for sure that Cyclops and Wolverine will take each other on and ultimately cause a rift in the X-Men. In the final issue of Schism, the beginning of the end for the X-Men as we know them is here.

Something pretty awful must happen to make these two get into an all-out brawl, at each others' throats! Too bad Jean Grey isn't around to see this, right? The fight that X-Men fans have been waiting years to see will finally take place in the final issue of Xmen: Schism. The question remains, why are these guys so gosh darn mad at one another? Will you be picking up Schism #5 to find out? Schism #5 hits stores October 5th, 2011. Check out the full 5-page preview bellow.

== TEASER ==

The future of mutantkind begins this October in X-Men: Schism #5! Superstar artist Adam Kubert joins Marvel Architect Jason Aaron for this explosive finale that will change everything you know about the X-Men.

X-MEN: SCHISM #5 (AUG110649)

Written by JASON AARON

Art and Cover by ADAM KUBERT

FOC – 9/12/11, ON SALE – 10/5/11

#1 Posted by AndyPhifer (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Maaaaaaaan this looks fun.

#2 Edited by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa! Intense.

#3 Posted by Vincent92 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

wow
#4 Posted by TDK_1997 (15005 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks nice but it is too strange and I don't think it will end so good

#5 Posted by CRTrobinson (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Go Wolverine!!! I mean c'mon a fight that close in proximity has to be a cake walk for Logan!  Awesome artwork btw!

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (13042 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Cyke kills him, but unfortunately, I know that won't happen

#7 Posted by jcj145 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW, this looks amazing! I'm gonna pick up multiple issues of this!! And to top it off it looks like a great fight so fans of either character shouldn't be to disappointed. Personally in H2H I believe Wolverine wins this but there obviously alot going on to not make it that simple!! Simply put, I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS!!!!

#8 Posted by TheBlackHood (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm I expected a brawl, but I didn't expect them to be intensely trying to murder each other. I really hope they came up with a good reason to have them both so intent on the other's death.

#9 Posted by Sergotron (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Dayuuuum!

#10 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, technically speaking, I don't think there's anyway Cyke could win this if it went to the death, but it looks pretty cool.

#11 Posted by n25philly (97 posts) - - Show Bio

They must be pissed considering they keep ignoring that giant robot that seems to want to kill them both.

Also I wonder why everyone just makes Wolverine an angry punching bag.  Considering how experienced of a fighter he is you would think if he got anywhere near cyclops in a fight he would have ripped him into a dozen pieces.  Something's not right as they are trying to kill each other yet Wolverine punches him in the face with the claws retracted.

#12 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

this is going to be so EPIC!!!!!! i cant wait.

#13 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm should swoop in, defeat both of these chumps and reign supreme as Queen of the X-Men!!!

#14 Posted by MuadDiab (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Another Epic Spoiler brought to you by every single comic book site

#15 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

This might be the most anxious I've been for a comic event in years.

#16 Edited by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

What!!?

Dayum! 

This is way better than anything Superman vs Batman!!!  

(Yes you can check my history that I have a problem with how Superman/Batman fights lamely start and how they lamely end).

#17 Posted by Overkill (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently Wolverine is super strong now. Those optic beams should have thrown him to the outer space.

#18 Posted by ninjacommando (104 posts) - - Show Bio

CATFIGHT!

#19 Edited by _Zombie_ (10460 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad Jean Grey isn't around to see this, right?

Watch, now they're going to get ideas and bring her back.. 

Also, is it just me or does that look like some sort of junker Sentinel in the scenes behind them?
#20 Posted by Iron_Turtle (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine landed a clean punch in Cyclops' face. For all intents and purposes anywhere Jimmy can land a closed fist, he can land a set of claws. Cyke should be dead.

#21 Posted by Dernman (15266 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah but ya something seems off.

#22 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

it just does not seem right. wolverine and cyclops never saw eye to eye, but they never came to blows in this way... ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS A GIANT SENTINEL ABOVE THEM READY TO BLAST THEM TO BITS!

#23 Posted by Skaddix (3119 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot be a death match. Wolverine should already have scott dead.

#24 Posted by frochez (194 posts) - - Show Bio

We're sure that this is the real wolverine, right? I'm just saying, 'cause he kind of looks like a character from Marvel Zombies. I know he's badass, but could Logan really take that much damage and keep fighting, or even survive? I mean, he's missing half his face!
#25 Posted by king claw (71 posts) - - Show Bio
@n25philly said:
  Something's not right as they are trying to kill each other yet Wolverine punches him in the face with the claws retracted.
@Iron_Turtle said:
Wolverine landed a clean punch in Cyclops' face. For all intents and purposes anywhere Jimmy can land a closed fist, he can land a set of claws. Cyke should be dead.
Look again. One panel before Cyke's optic blast melted/ripped out Logan claws
#26 Posted by maelevikus (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm claws vs. laser. Someone's gotta bite the big one.

#27 Posted by hawkgirl96 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

well at least we know which character jason pefers since scott's blasts should be making wolverine fly in the air

#28 Posted by Lonestar88 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally.  These two should have done this a long time ago.

#29 Posted by Sarpio__ (122 posts) - - Show Bio

I was under the impression that this happened on a regular basis. D:

#30 Posted by n25philly (97 posts) - - Show Bio
@king claw said:
@n25philly said:
  Something's not right as they are trying to kill each other yet Wolverine punches him in the face with the claws retracted.
@Iron_Turtle said:
Then Wolvie must be able to regenerate adamantium because those claws are back on the next page...
#31 Posted by Iron_Turtle (583 posts) - - Show Bio
@king claw said:
I say nay. Because several panels later he pops his claws (on the same hand) through Cyclops hand.
#32 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10001 posts) - - Show Bio
@Iron_Turtle said:
True, but why the hell isnt Wolverine being tossed around by the optic blast?
Guess we know which character the writer prefers?
#33 Posted by John Valentine (16318 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:
Well, technically speaking, I don't think there's anyway Cyke could win this if it went to the death, but it looks pretty cool.
I'm sorry, but I disagree.
#34 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been waiting to see this fight since forever. Idk who I should be rooting for :3

#35 Posted by Burnstar1230 (210 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't Cyclops optic blasts build up kinetic energy the longer they travel, kinda like Iron Man when he had the pulse bolts? That may explain why Wolverine isn't being blown away by Cyclops's eye beams. Or, like everyone else is saying, they're not really trying to kill each other and holding back on one another. OR, this is deceiving and this is a dream or a danger room exercise with one of them not being the real thing.

#36 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

Fricking epic.  GO SLYM!
#37 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

"Oh yeah that sentinel"

#38 Posted by Dernman (15266 posts) - - Show Bio
TEAM CYCLOPS!
#39 Posted by Iron_Turtle (583 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I can tell. The only reason Scott hasn't sent Jimmy to the moon is because Jimmy is holding something in his hand that Scott wants.

#40 Posted by Dernman (15266 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's a deadmans switch.

#41 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
@ReVamp said:
I know. Half the world and their mothers hate Cyke, but when it comes down to him vs Wolverine, everbody goes with Cyke cause its safe. That's why I purposely chose Wolverine. :P
#42 Posted by Dernman (15266 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:
@John Valentine said:
@ReVamp said:
I know. Half the world and their mothers hate Cyke, but when it comes down to him vs Wolverine, everbody goes with Cyke cause its safe. That's why I purposely chose Wolverine. :P
woah woah You got that backwards. Everyone goes with Wolverine because it's safe.
#43 Posted by John Valentine (16318 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:
@John Valentine said:
@ReVamp said:
Ha. 

Cyclops and Wolverine are two of my favourite characters and I'd be hard-pushed trying to chose a favourite between them. That said, given everything we know about both of them, I think Scott would take it; not easily, but I think he'd win.
#44 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dernman said:
@ReVamp said:
@John Valentine said:
@ReVamp said:
woah woah You got that backwards. Everyone goes with Wolverine because it's safe.
Not in fights yo. Unless they're just *insert insult here* or they haven't read Astonishing or something of the sort. 
@John Valentine said:
@ReVamp said:
@John Valentine said:
@ReVamp said:
Ha.  Cyclops and Wolverine are two of my favourite characters and I'd be hard-pushed trying to chose a favourite between them. That said, given everything we know about both of them, I think Scott would take it; not easily, but I think he'd win.

Yeah, same gor here, specially within the X Men. Though I think in a lethal fight Wolverine would win. Even in a full blast like the one that took out the sentinel, which is just a flash of red, because wolverine would be heavily damaged, but he wouldn't die. So Cyclops would be hardpressed to kill him.
#45 Posted by John Valentine (16318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Iron_Turtle said:
We can see that Cyclops strikes his arm with an optic blast, probably severing/tearing the tendons/muscles/ligaments that enable Wolverine's claw movements. This is Scott Summers, one of the best tacticians in the MU and a highly experience fighter - it would make sense for him to make plans on how to eliminate/take down characters he meets (Batman style), especially one such as Wolverine, prone to going feral, getting possessed and attacking people. Second to this, Cyclops has trained with and fought alongside Wolverine for years, he's going to know what his weaknesses are and how to exploit them.
#46 Posted by x_lover1 (67 posts) - - Show Bio
@Burnstar1230:  

I like the Theory about Training! But that sorta drained the excitement out of me. This is gonna be Gory, all right!
#47 Posted by Tmul501 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like in a fight this close this should be a no contest for wolverine...then again that wouldn't be a very interesting read...anyway, this looks awesome! Can't wait. 

#48 Posted by king claw (71 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
@Iron_Turtle said:
We can see that Cyclops strikes his arm with an optic blast, probably severing/tearing the tendons/muscles/ligaments that enable Wolverine's claw movements. This is Scott Summers, one of the best tacticians in the MU and a highly experience fighter - it would make sense for him to make plans on how to eliminate/take down characters he meets (Batman style), especially one such as Wolverine, prone to going feral, getting possessed and attacking people. Second to this, Cyclops has trained with and fought alongside Wolverine for years, he's going to know what his weaknesses are and how to exploit them.
Wow. That make more sense than my theory. Thanks.
#49 Edited by John Valentine (16318 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp said:
@John Valentine said:
@ReVamp said:
Ha.  Cyclops and Wolverine are two of my favourite characters and I'd be hard-pushed trying to chose a favourite between them. That said, given everything we know about both of them, I think Scott would take it; not easily, but I think he'd win.

Yeah, same gor here, specially within the X Men. Though I think in a lethal fight Wolverine would win. Even in a full blast like the one that took out the sentinel, which is just a flash of red, because wolverine would be heavily damaged, but he wouldn't die. So Cyclops would be hardpressed to kill him.
IIRC, Wolverine is still weak around his joints, due to the fact that they're held together only by non-metal constructs (ligaments, tendons, other connective tissue and muscle). AoA Cyclops was able to severe Weapon X's hand. Decapitation, which would kill Wolverine, is a potential method of killing, IMO.
#50 Posted by John Valentine (16318 posts) - - Show Bio
@king claw said:
@John Valentine said:
@Iron_Turtle said:
Wow. That make more sense than my theory. Thanks.
Not a problem.