• 169 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

We know Cable barely survived X-SANCTION. Where's he been since then? NOW is the time we find out. NOW as in Marvel NOW! Marvel has just announced what the teaser featuring Hopeless and Larroca's name means.

No Caption Provided
This December, the deadliest mutant team of all debuts in Cable And X-Force #1, beginning the all-new ongoing series from rising star creators Dennis Hopeless (X-Men: Season One) and Salvador Larroca (Invincible Iron Man). As part of Marvel NOW!, Cable And X-Force joins a number of titles that will take the Marvel Universe in an exciting all-new direction, as the industry’s top creators join the top Super Heroes to deliver all-new ongoing series, great for new and lapsed readers alike!

Cable is back NOW! He has a new X-Force consisting of Colossus, Forge, Domino and Dr. Nemesis and they are all caught red-handed at the scene of a terrorist attack on a major American corporation whose CEO has expressed anti-mutant views. Now Cable and X-Force are on the run, with the Uncanny Avengers in hot pursuit.

“The X-Force that Cable’s leading is a group of outlaws trying to save the world,” explained Dennis Hopeless in an interview with Marvel.com. “They’re fugitives being chased across the globe and doing what good they can while always looking back over their shoulders. There’s not much room for error on this team.”

Marvel NOW! is the culmination of Marvel ReEvolution, the groundbreaking new initiative to evolve the comic book experience through innovation. With Cable And X-Force, Marvel NOW!ensures fans will find out just what it takes to be a hero when everyone thinks you’re the villain!
“We knew the return of Cable had to be big and this is going to be one of the most explosiveMarvel NOW! launches, " said Axel Alonso, Editor in Chief, Marvel Entertainment. “Dennis and Salvador are bringing a new look and feel to the X-Force, with a story that hearkens back to the core themes that made them such a phenomenon while moving them forward in an exciting way.”

Each issue of Cable And X-Force includes a code for a free digital copy on the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android devices. Additionally, each issue of Cable And X-Force features special augmented reality content available exclusive through the Marvel AR app – including cover recaps, behind the scenes features and more that add value to your reading experience at no additional cost.

“Not only does every book with the Marvel NOW! logo feature a new superstar creative team and blockbuster story, but they also come with all-new incentives for our retailer partners,” explained David Gabriel, Senior Vice-President of Sales, Marvel Entertainment.. “We want to make sure every comic shop nationwide is fully stocked to meet the high demand we’re already seeing forMarvel NOW! And want to make sure their voices are heard throughout this exciting time. Stay tuned for more news on how Marvel will be working directly with retailers to make sure our programs address their needs.”

An all-new series! All-new team! All-new enemies! This is Cable And X-Force NOW!

CABLE AND X-FORCE #1

Written by DENNIS HOPELESS

Art & Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA

ON SALE THIS DECEMBER!

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mattwing87

Why does Cable have that long mechanical arm? I thought Hope cured him of the TO virus and he was back to normal?

DADDY_XERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DADDY_XERO

why does Cable have a robot arm and an eye patch. I'm pretty sure Hope cured/restored him at the end of X-sanction.

Also, i will prob be getting this

DADDY_XERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DADDY_XERO

@mattwing87: your post wasn't visible when i started typing. lol. great minds and all that. :)

stevsmit80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stevsmit80

Cable and Forge are awesome! However, I'm not sure if I like their look in this preview. Time will tell I guess.

Tellumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tellumo

Wasn't 'Forge' insane & then blew himself up?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

I'm liking Colossus's new costume. Hopefully he lost the Juggernaut's power. Dr Nemesis also look has improved IMO.

I think the robotic arm and eye patch is because even though he was cured the virus damages his body so greatly that this is the result.

This looks like an interesting book.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By theTimeStreamer

ah forge. why are you back??

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zackattack529

why didn't Comicvine put up the Thunderbolts??

it was announced not to long ago with a cool cover and everything

ALittleTooRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ALittleTooRaph

This looks awesome!! Cable in the lead! Forge is back! Domino in a key team role! This seems like a good fit for Colossus after his "Phoenossonaut" days! And I'm loving that Dr. Nemesis redesign! Finally, something that interests me about Marvel NOW!

DADDY_XERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DADDY_XERO

@Dernman said:

I'm liking Colossus's new costume. Hopefully he lost the Juggernaut's power. Dr Nemesis also look has improved IMO.

I think the robotic arm and eye patch is because even though he was cured the virus damages his body so greatly that this is the result.

I just checked the final issue of x-sanction, Hope not only fully removes all T/O virus, she completely restores his body. No cybernetics, 2 eyes. a couple of cool lookin scars. lol

I love how marvel keeps everything flowing smoothly from 1 story to the next :/

ALittleTooRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ALittleTooRaph

I'm a fan of Larroca! Glad to see him on an X-book!

Michiel76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Michiel76

Hmm i'm divided between "if it ain't broke than why fix it" (i like the current x-force series and apparently i'm not the only one)
and on the other hand i like the idea of a group of mutants being on the run and hunted by the avengers. When the x-men where outlaws (the time in australia was awesome) i liked them better than they are now with their own island and such.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Colossus was quite vocal against xforce wasn't he ?. Weird, will be quite a change from uncanny.

MSchiwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MSchiwal

Guys, you can really stop freaking out about the arm. If you click on the image to make it bigger you can see that he still has his normal arm, you can see the fist there underneath the robotic extension. The robotic arm is just a piece of equipment, and it makes sense too as Cable has long had essentially a metal shield there so he would want to keep one there as his style would be based around exposing that side.

As for the eyepatch, my guess is that it is probably some from of tech as well. With Forge on the team it is to be expected to see all kinds of odds and ends hanging about.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Mercy_

Forge is back from the dead?

I'll probs be reading this.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Mercy_

And what the hell did they do to Dr. Nemesis? :(

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Dr. Nemesis looks like Kabal (Mortal Kombat) and Fantomex had a baby. And yes, the end result looks quite awesome.

Avatar image for sleepbutnodream15
Sleepbutnodream15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

NIceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Mutie199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Mutie199

what? forge is still alive? Dr.Nemesis looks cool though

Avatar image for notoriousmistersims
notoriousmistersims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes :)

Avatar image for deactivated-62dfe515b2439
deactivated-62dfe515b2439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frakkin. Awesome.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#22  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

wonderd where colossus would be

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#23  Edited By SevanGrim

How many teams are there that can fight the battles no one else can fight? And why cant others fight them?

I understand having a grey-area incognito team to do things that the very public teams cant, and i understand a space team, and maybe even a time travel/dimension hoping team. But i feel like both Marvel and DC make these teams that all just do political espionage crap... "and no one else can".

...i think someone else can.

antiwhipped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By antiwhipped

Colossus and Forge! Now if they actually use Forge and Cable's tech to full potential and have Piotr stop jobbing that would be nice ;). (Dr Nemesis's tech too, not familiar with him)

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Mucklefluga

No thanks i'll pass, the team doesn't appeal to me but the little description slightly does tho

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Forge is back ? And no Wolverine, Emma, Cyclops or Magneto in sight ?

AsAKLSNasnbaISBiasnANSainsiANSINFKSDFKSDNFKSDF.

Sold.

JayMar89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JayMar89

ahh marvel and dc why are you doung this to me thanks to these two im gonna be broke

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By evilvegeta74

Hell yeah! Go Colossus!

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#29  Edited By GothamRed

man, cable sucks at dying, he's done it twice in the past 3 years and is still going

sj_esposito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30  Edited By sj_esposito

I wonder if in ten years we'll look back on images like the one above the same way we look at those from the 90s now...

ogg927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ogg927

@MSchiwal: Ok thanks for the info. I was worried at first because Hope did heal him at the end of X-Sanction. I had NO idea that Forge had died? They really need to stop killing characters and then bringing them back that's lame. I'm glad that Forge is there to add diversity to the group. I'm glad that Cable is back.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By KRYPTON

"They will battle the threats no one else can." Thought this is why Wolverine's X-Force was formed?

Marvel Now! and everything is new.

Looks interesting be picking it up when released.

GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GreenFuse

This. I want this.

Also, I'm the same height as Forge. /flex

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By sora_thekey

I'm sure there will be an explination to Forge's resureccion, Colossus sudden support for the "kill first ask questions later", Dr. Nemesis' new look and Cable's eye pach and robot arm. Everybody calm down and lets wait for the book in December....

A book I will be picking up by the way.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheCowman

Am I the only one who keeps feeling like I'm back in the '90s recently?

Why does Domino look like she's auditioning for "The Ring"? And what did they do to Dr. Nemesis? We go from a simple, streamlined yet iconic look to yet another "badass" in a trenchcoat and body armor?

Please Marvel, please.... I had to put up with the New 52's obliteration of some of my favorite characters. Do I really need to go through another "grim 'n gritty" faze from you?

Vincie_Pooh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vincie_Pooh

I wonder if we will see Bishop in the series... SHOOT! Can we get Bishop back in #MarvelNOW. Black and Orange... reminds me of the SF Giants. hahaha Bay Area colors. I'm loving it. Can't wait to read. Let's hope they add more to this team.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#37  Edited By JonesDeini

Hate the costumes, highly dislike Cables arm/eye patch (really?), love the team, abhor the Nemesis design. If it ain't broke don't fool with it.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Heads up: Forge was never "dead" in the first place. He was just got caught up in some 'splosion but even that wasn't confirmed. He's Forge, after all.

CircularLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#39  Edited By CircularLogic

The designs are great, good blend of 90's but not in a ridiculous Liefeld fashion. Doc Nemesis, Cable and Collosus are a great line-up, but I have to say, doesn't it look like the overall message of Uncanny X-force right now supposed to be that Black Ops assassinations aren't the best way to go? Still, of the three series announced so far for the "second wave" (Thunderbolts, Avengers Arena and X-Force) this one has the most promise

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Nefilim927

Really glad to see Colossus take a more prominent role, I feel like the way he is being written in the current "X-Men" run might lead in to him working with X-Force. Almost fell off my chair when I saw Dr. Nemesis, I think he's a great, under used, smart assed character. Loved when he had the starfish stuck to him during the "X-Club" run.

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By scuzz2.0

this looks like a return to the old sucky X-force! I'm honestly surprised they didn't get Leifeld to do it. Why would they fuck with one of there most critically and financially successful books?

Larroca sucks! photo referenced Photoshopped bullshit! sawyer as Tony Stark? Fuck off!

CircularLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#42  Edited By CircularLogic

Also, is everyone here part machine/metal? Hopefully they don't go up against anyone that controls magnets or electricity, or 4/5ths of the team is taken right out.

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By clemj
@Grim: true one
Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#44  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

NICE!!!!!!!! i'm not fimilar with some charcters but lookd awesome

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Crackdown

Dr Nemesis went from Dieselpunk to Cyberpunk I see

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#46  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

So this is Secret Six but with mutants? 

No Deadpool? 

No Wolverine??? 

OK I'm in!

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

Seems interesting. I like Dr. Nemesis' new costume. I don't know why they brought back Forge of all people. I never met someone who was a strong fan of his. Maybe Hopeless is going to do something interesting with him. It's a shame that Cyclops isn't on the team. I wanted him to be on the same team/book as Cable.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dernman

I wonder who is going to be on the other X-Force team.

Avatar image for emperormeister734
Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

Wait wasn't Forge dead

NuclearLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers