Bryan Hitch & Jonathan Ross Prepare for AMERICA'S GOT POWERS

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

TWICE AS MUCH AS MARVEL FOR A DOLLAR LESS.

That's what Image, Bryan Hitch and Jonathan Ross are saying. AMERICA'S GOT POWERS launches in April. Just announced today, the first issue has thirty-eight pages of story and will have a cover price of $2.99

No Caption Provided

Here's what Bryan Hitch has to say on it:

Since I started drawing Ultimates issue one in late 2001, I may have only delivered two or three 22 page books. I’ve always pushed the story either with additional visual material to underscore what’s been written or to pump action to the level we all wanted but would never have had the room for. So I just drew it the way it felt right to do so.

Go count the pages in each issue of Ultimates, Captan America: Reborn or FF. Not many 22 page issues. I got hell of course but my deal has always been that giving the story the best work it can have is the only deal that matters. I even did some pages for free to get them in the issues.

We have taken stuff out of AMERICA’S GOT POWERS issue one, moved it around and walked around the room whistling. It should have been a 22 page first issue but there were things we felt had to be there and those scenes needed to breath. The story needed to be told properly; it ALWAYS does. So we put it back in and told the story the way we wanted to. Thirty-eight pages of it!

Normally a book this size would be at least $3.99 but that didn’t seem fair to us. It was our decision to make the first issue this big and it’s not right to ask you guys to pay extra for it. We are proud of AMERICA’S GOT POWERS, insanely proud and we want to pass that on.

Big time.

We’re just another small business like many of the retailers and we believe completely in the story we’re trying to tell so instead of putting out a 20 page issue and asking you to pay $3.99 for it, we’re giving you nearly DOUBLE that for a dollar less.

It’s had a knock-on effect though. Initially we had intended to release issues one and two in the same month, a sort of double whammy to kick-start the book. We’ve changed that plan slightly as most of that material is now in a single 38-page issue rather than two separate books.

As a result issue two will move backwards slightly into May, issue three into June etc so our team doesn’t kill themselves providing this much awesome in a single month.

So we ARE still releasing what we intended to in April; the same TWO ISSUES of story but now it’s in one book and only the price of a single. We’re giving you what we said we would but at half the price.

$2.99

Boom.

And, to emphasize that boom, here’s a sneak peek at a big boom in a cool two pager from the first massive double-sized issue of AMERICA’S GOT POWERS.
Did we mention it was 38 pages at $2.99? It’s also worth mentioning that we can’t guarantee any of the other issues won’t exceed 20 pages either. Though if they do, they’ll never exceed $2.99.

Enjoy the pencils sneak peek. Over the next few days, we’re going to properly introduce you to our characters and the amazing world they live in along with loads of pencils and inks from the first issue to get you excited.

Here's another look at AMERICA'S GOT POWERS.

No Caption Provided
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FLStyle

Jonathan Ross has a wiki page on CV? Equal amounts of weird and awesome.

The preview pics look cool.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

*sigh* always America. Anyway this looks nice.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

38 pages at 2.99 is quite an amazing deal. I'm intrigued now.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#4  Edited By Deadcool

OH!! Bryan Hitch!!!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NightFang3

@spiderbat87 said:

*sigh* always America.

Who else would it be? And it's a play on American Ideal, but with superpowers.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@NightFang said:

@spiderbat87 said:

*sigh* always America.

No it's not, it's a play on America's Got Talent which coincidently is a British show 
Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

This. This is why Image comics is the best. They actually like us. We're human beings to them, not just walking money sack who will buy Batman: The Dark Knight because HEY LOOK BATMAN! and HEY LOOK SEXY BUNNY WITH BOOBS!; and then charging an extra dollar when they know they can get away with it.

Image loves us. Image loves you, and Image loves me. And this is the proof.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NightFang3

@spiderbat87 said:

@NightFang said:

@spiderbat87 said:

*sigh* always America.

No it's not, it's a play on America's Got Talent which coincidently is a British show

I didn't even know there was an America's Got Talent and I thought the British show was the X-Factor or whatever?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

This appeals to my since of human decency, you sir have yourself a customer

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By KidSupreme

WOW that really amazing pencil work!

J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By J1ml33
@The Mighty Monarch said:

This. This is why Image comics is the best. They actually like us. We're human beings to them, not just walking money sack who will buy Batman: The Dark Knight because HEY LOOK BATMAN! and HEY LOOK SEXY BUNNY WITH BOOBS!; and then charging an extra dollar when they know they can get away with it.

Image loves us. Image loves you, and Image loves me. And this is the proof.

that` s why their in still in business , Make mine  Image too [ So lets Support the Arts ladies and Gentlemen ] at least Johnathon Ross and Bryan Hitch know that the comic buying public is on a tight budget ..I know the concept and the title are a little odd or something other but I do admire their will to just go with it and stick with and push their ideals without playing to the mainstream comics writers/creators crowed of what sells ... I like that they just pick up their own ball and just run with it and I am sure this comic is made with love [ of comics ladies and gents ] and to at least try something new with this concept of the reality TV show /superheroes as Celebrities , I have yet to read the book but I am excited anyways to see Bryan Hitch do something Non -Marvel /DC and just really cutting loose [also turf was great and Ross is a capable writer / and his Documentary on Steve Ditko was interesting enough to now want to really find if I can his Mr A so he has my respect ] anyways that`s just me :D  
now I will return you back to your regular programing ^_^
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@NightFang said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@NightFang said:

@spiderbat87 said:

*sigh* always America.

No it's not, it's a play on America's Got Talent which coincidently is a British show

I didn't even know there was an America's Got Talent and I thought the British show was the X-Factor or whatever?

X Factor is just a singing competition but the 'Got Talent shows are just every thing, singing, dancing, acting, magic tricks ect
goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By goldenkey

Hitch, what madman. gotta love him and his work. What a great what to sell a first issue too. cheap as hell, and loaded up. I'll get it. No doubt. THIS WORK FOR THIS PRICE AT THIS SIZE?! Genious move.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By KRYPTON

Awesome!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#15  Edited By The Impersonator
No Caption Provided
jaredbright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By jaredbright

Man, Hitch's work sure has come along way from the guy 'who drew like Alan Davis'. The fact that he had Neary as inker was one factor. That artwork looks insane.