gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

This December, spinning directly out of the pages of the New York Times Bestselling Uncanny X-Men, superstar writer Brian Michael Bendis teams with critically-acclaimed artist Andrea Sorrentino to finally answer one of the burning questions on fan’s minds – what happened to Eva Bell?! Revealed this past weekend at San Diego Comic-Con, the answers you’ve been waiting for are in the oversized UNCANNY X-MEN ANNUAL #1 – and the accidental adventures of the young, time-travelling X-Man will shock you!

“It is the utmost grandest X-Men tradition to have your mutant power be the coolest thing about you and the scariest thing,” says writer Brian Michael Bendis in an interview with Marvel.com. “It was only a matter of time before [Eva] was thrust into a situation that revealed the scary side of time related powers.”

Unable to fully control her powers, Eva Bell, Codename: Tempus had disappeared in the blink of an eye during an X-Men training mission. Though she re-appeared moments later, she had aged many years. Trapped in her own time bubble, Tempus embarked on a journey into the far future of the Marvel Universe. A journey that would change the young X-Man forever! This oversized annual also marks the first ever Marvel project for critically acclaimed artist Andrea Sorrentino (Green Arrow).

“Andrea is someone we’ve been dying to work with for some time,” says Executive Editor Mike Marts. “It seemed like the perfect tale to capitalize on Andrea’s strengths as an artist, especially his talent of establishing expansive and panoramic settings – which this issue has PLENTY of!”

How long was Eva trapped inside her temporal sphere? What horrors did she witness in an uncertain and dangerous future? And more importantly – why would she keep it a secret from her teammates? All will be revealed when Eva Bell takes center stage in Bendis & Sorrentino’s UNCANNY X-MEN ANNUAL #1 – and she’ll never be the same again!

UNCANNY X-MEN ANNUAL #1

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art & Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO

Coming in December!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I'm actually interested.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By darkbeam
nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

Oh wow, this looks spectacular. Whoever the colorist is is great for Sorrentino's style.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@cameron83: Me too. Eva is an interesting character that hasn't had a chance to shine on her own. And add in Sorrentino's art, it's going to be a fight among Comic Vine staff as to who gets to review this.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only it wasn't Bendis duh..

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@cameron83: Me too. Eva is an interesting character that hasn't had a chance to shine on her own. And add in Sorrentino's art, it's going to be a fight among Comic Vine staff as to who gets to review this.

lol Hopefully you get to review it.

Not only that,but I think that her powers can be developed into making her one of the most powerful mutants,if she sticks around.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cameron83
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hope this leads to Sorrentino doing more Marvel work.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I'm sad to see Andrea Sorrentino leave Green Arrow but seeing this for Uncanny X-Men is just wow. I love this guy's artwork. Just so freaking awesome.

imredjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg! I've been dying to finally learn what happened to Tempus when she came back with that new look. Now add Sorrentino's art which I loved in I, Vampire and I'm beyond excited for this. I wonder if she's going to be this generation's Magik trapped in time kind of character, where she will be shaped by an accident that happened because of her powers (or evil sorcerers in the case of Magik I guess).

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

I'm excited.

There hasn't been enough of her lately...especially after she handily neutralized The Avengers in early issues of this volume of Uncanny X-Men.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saoakden said:

I'm sad to see Andrea Sorrentino leave Green Arrow but seeing this for Uncanny X-Men is just wow. I love this guy's artwork. Just so freaking awesome.

The art is magnificent,isn't it? One of the main reasons I loved GA.

One can pick up this book just for this reason alone XD

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looking foward to it

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

DC loses Sorrentino and gets stuck with JRJR? lol

space4rentt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for this. And Sorrentino's art looks amazing. I've only ever seen the covers for green arrow, but they always look so nice!

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully after this sorrentino goes onto a better marvel book like uncanny avengers or daredevil. I could see him doing a solo wolverine series too

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AwesomePerson

This looks so epic and cool and I want to read it so give me a release date!

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MarcosVergara14

I'm gonna pick this up just beacuse i like Sorrentino's art. I give up on Bendis writing long time ago

munkieKONG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we please keep Sorrentino on Uncanny X-Men? It's a major Marvel title with a serious tone.... and putting aside the fact that I just flat out hate Bachalo's style in general... it doesn't match the tone of the book AT ALL...

Also, Eva is clearly the best "new" mutant character out of this volume of Uncanny X-Men's batch.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

God Damn Andrea Sorrentino is amazing!! We need more of him!!!

TwoFacedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 313

Uncanny X-Men has really fallen from grace recently, especially with the last horrendously dull storyline. Unless tomorrow's issue puts some serious win in the series' sails (which I highly doubt considering the utter lack of Uncanny X-Men in the series called the Uncanny X-Men and the plodding pace of the series), I can't say I'm overly eager to here that a "mystery" that Bendis has been teasing for the last 8 or 10 months but everyone seems to already know the answer generally will finally be touched on in another five months.

munkieKONG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcosvergara14: I wish I could too.... but he's had a stranglehold on my lifelong favorite comics (X-Men) for so damn long...

The current "X-Men" book is, frankly, terribly boring... "Wolverine and the X-Men" (I haven't read the newest volume but assume it's the same) is just so goofy and childish that I'm uninterested. I barely made it past that pirate situation in "Amazing X-Men" so I'm hoping it can recover with the second arc... "X-Force" is terrible. "Wolverine" is dragging like he's half dead already and has been for years... "X-Factor"s good as usual, but is also carrying a B-team lineup that has no interaction with the rest of the X-Men world as usual. "Magneto" is good and "Cyclops" seems to be starting okay... but solo books just isn't what an X-Men fan needs. If the team books were good then it would be one thing....

I mean... as irritating a Bendis is, his books are somehow still the best major X-Men team stories available.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Who is Eva bell?

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: one of the new mutants after AvX. She's part of Scott's team

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@cameron83: One of the main reasons I love Green Arrow is because of the art. Which is why it sucks to see him leave Green Arrow. Still anything he draws there is a very good chance I'm picking it up & if he is put with a character I like very good chance I will read that book to death. I want to see him draw Spider-Man now that I think about it. That would be very interesting to see.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

It's a shame they paired my second favorite artist with one of my least favorite writers.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The second preview page in, aren't those floating, tentacled destructoid things the same ones first seen inn Steve's vision at the end of Captain America Reborn? Hope so, cos I'd like some answers to that long-forgotten plot line.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really hope this leads to her becoming the regular artist and booting Bachello and his "rubber-necked clusterf***ery" to the curb.

Paste_Pot_Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great, I'll definitely pick this up.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cameron83

@saoakden said:

@cameron83: One of the main reasons I love Green Arrow is because of the art. Which is why it sucks to see him leave Green Arrow. Still anything he draws there is a very good chance I'm picking it up & if he is put with a character I like very good chance I will read that book to death. I want to see him draw Spider-Man now that I think about it. That would be very interesting to see.

I would love to see him draw Spider man.

I'm gonna look him up to see if he's drawn any other heroes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andrea does great work :D I'm looking forward to this

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy sh%t, I gotta pick this up.

harashkupo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope this puts Sorrentino on the map. He's not only an incredible artist but he's consistent and great with deadlines. His GA run will be 18 or 19 issues straight with no breaks. Any title can benefit from that.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i gotta get started on uncanny X -men.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Great art, bad Bendis.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm buying it for Sorrentino, I'm honestly beginning to not care for Bendis in the least.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't even know this happened but it sounds interesting can't wait to check it out

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By frozenedge2
Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that SDCC is over we can hear about some comic books...

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds fantastic. Really looking forward to this one.

Dr_Cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Bendis talking about X-Men traditions? The irony.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hype...be silent haters were getting progress

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scantenii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The X-men Universe needs a tone shift.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Really excited about this!

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, here we go! So now it's confirmed for me that Eva did actually age (it looked as much but I wasn't sure and Cyclops' comments made me think she aged in maturity). So, there's a little bit of Magik-lite happening here, except instead of a little girl being taken in Limbo and returned a teenager, we have a teenager time jumping into the future and returning a young adult. Which makes her old enough to perhaps pursue a sexy professor with a certain ruby-eyed outlook on life? There has been no shortage of Bendis pushing the idea of Scott (older Scott) being sexy and whatever and irresistable to women, so I don't think I am off my rocker in my theory.

If there is one thing I enjoy about Bendis, its his take on original female characters. I am super excited for this story.

JV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Loved Sorrentino's work on Arrow. I have read GA from day 1 and it really took off with Lemire and Sorrentino. His work had to grow on me, at first it was not the style I was used to.

I love looking at the details within the details of his art.... an arrow or bullet being pulled forefront in a layout. Very cool.