Posted by G-Man (37775 posts) - - Show Bio

There aren't too many all-age books on sale these days. More and more it seems the few remaining are getting canceled. That isn't the case with Boom! Studios as they prepare to launch another all-age title.

If you watch Cartoon Network, chances are you've either watched Regular Show or at least seen the wacky commercials for it. This April you'll be able to follow the adventures of Mordecai and Rigby.

Regular Show is the smash hit Cartoon Network animated series created by J.G. Quintel. The series will be written by web cartoonist K.C. Green (GUNSHOW) and illustrated by newcomer Allison Strejlau. The show features Mordecai, a blue jay and Rigby, a racoon, who are a couple of best bros in their twenties "just tryin' to chill for a bit, man." But there's nothing regular about the crazy world they live in.

K.C. Green said the following:

It's exciting to be able to work on this comic as I am a fan of the show. Probably the funnest part is going back over the episodes again for inspiration (and just enjoying them also). Plenty of ideas popping up just working on writing them down and getting the voices of each character just right. That is important, especially with this project.

REGULAR SHOW #1 ships in April with main covers by Nick Edwards (ADVENTURE TIME), Nathan Fox (X-MEN: SECOND COMING), Phil McAndrew (ADVENTURE TIME, BRAVEST WARRIORS), John Allison (ADVENTURE TIME: MARCELINE AND THE SCREAM QUEENS), Noelle Stevenson (ADVENTURE TIME: FIONNA & CAKE) and Chuck BB (CTHULHU TALES, BCBG). Ask your retailer about the pre-order variant by Chris Houghton (ADVENTURE TIME, REED GUNTHER) and the incentive variant by Dustin Nguyen (BATMAN, L’IL GOTHAM)! Additionally, a commemorative boxed set of all six main covers will be available for collectors.

What does the show creator think? Here's what Quintel had to say:

I’m really excited to see Regular Show in comic form. Can’t wait to see what K.C. Green does with it. As someone who also only has two letters for a first name, I’m sure he’s going to make it awesome.

REGULAR SHOW #1 is a 32 page, full color issue that retails for $3.99 and is available for order under Diamond Code FEB130826-28. The REGULAR SHOW #1 COMPLETE COVER BOX SET contains REGULAR SHOW #1 Covers A-F in a shrink-wrapped commemorative slipcase that retails for $24.99 and is available for order under Diamond Code FEB130829.

#1 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11961 posts) - - Show Bio

Hah, this sounds pretty cool.

Hm, hm!

#2 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is awesome news!!!

You know who ELSE thinks this is awesome news?

#3 Posted by neiliusprime (255 posts) - - Show Bio

YEAHYUH!

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is awesome news!!!

You know who ELSE thinks this is awesome news?

MY MOM! (sorry had to do it lol)

#4 Posted by jwalser3 (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

NNNOOOO!!!!

#5 Posted by longbowhunter (7534 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeauuuh!!! I'm all over this. One of the comics I'm most excited for this year.

#6 Posted by MatKrenz (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't get into the cartoon. Don't know why specifically, it's kinda boring and I don't like the jokes very much. But good for the fans of the show, hope they enjoy it.

#7 Posted by Say_DaySawn (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm hm hm hm hm hm

#8 Posted by Trodorne (2596 posts) - - Show Bio

Rigby is a raccoon? I thought it was a lemur.

#9 Posted by Mucklefluga (2609 posts) - - Show Bio

WOO! I am definitely in!

#10 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever Boom studios is doing, they're doing it right. They've got a whole batch of cartoon based comics that are pretty popular and really good, especially for All Ages. And yet DC's youth line keeps sinking with the cancellation of both the Young Justice comic and Superman Family Adventures.

Somebody at DC needs to start taking notes.

#11 Posted by Xwraith (20626 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going straight to my pull list.

#12 Posted by Nicky1995 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa! I love KC Green, he's hilarious. If anyone hasn't read his Gunshow comics, they should. Def gonna pick this one up.

#13 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't stand this show. I can't stand any of the new shows quite frankly. they all just suck to me. It's nice that they are makin it into a comic though.

#14 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

Somebody at DC needs to start taking notes.

God, if that isn't the understatement of the century. Lol.

#15 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@neiliusprime said:

MY MOM! (sorry had to do it lol)

I expected someone would ;)

#16 Posted by tomlikesfries (4756 posts) - - Show Bio

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!

This is awesome! I'll definitely pick it up.

#17 Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

AWWWW YEAH!

#18 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be interested in the Nguyen incentive variant cover myself...

#19 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

I AM SO OKAY WITH THIS