gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

Things got pretty crazy in the 2009 War of Kings miniseries. After the Skrulls' Secret Invasion, Black Bolt decided he and the Inhumans would not just sit back and deal with things as they came but instead, took a stand against any threats that existed.

Black Bolt went up against Ronan the Accuser and declared himself ruler of the Kree Empire. He then takes the battle against Vulcan and the Shi'Ar Empire. With the plan to unleash the Terrigen Mists across the galaxy in order to make all beings equal in mutated power and end the war, Vulcan and Black Bolt clash right as Black Bolt has second thoughts about his plan. The result was the apparent death of both.

As with any comic book death, nothing lasts forever. In the pages of FF #6, on sale July 27, 2011, Black Bolt makes his triumphant return as the War of the Four Cities continues. What are the circumstances surrounding his mysterious return and how will it turn the tides of the FF's battle? More importantly, is someone going to stand in the way of King Black Bolt's return to the throne? Black Bolt might not be too happy about that.

Check out the preview pages for FF #6.

== TEASER ==

The issue is written by Jonathan Hickman with pencils by Greg Tocchini and cover by Mark Bagley with a $2.99 cover price.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
CaptainCyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainCyke

Now how long until Vulcan re-emerges....

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

ABOUT DAMN TIME.

Hopefully Hickman makes up for that crapfest that was WoK. Black Bolt is equal to or above standard Thor in power, he better damn well show it again.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

About time!!!!!!!!!!  

2 minutes of silence for the king! *observes 2 minutes of silence*

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Future Foundation is wonderful. This is going to make it even better.
DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By DarkChris

Hail to the real king babe!!!

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@CaptainCyke said:
Hopefully never, because A) he should never have survived 2 seconds against Black Bolt, and B) he sucks.
ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ironshadow

He wasn't dead, he was MIA, there's a difference, Cap was dead, BB, Nova, Star-Lord are MIA not dead. 

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck

@CaptainCyke said:

My thoughts exactly.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@aztek the lost said:

@ironshadow said:

He wasn't dead, he was MIA, there's a difference, Cap was dead, BB, Nova, Star-Lord are MIA not dead.

but was Cap dead? I thought he was just SIT

No, his return was SHI- Oh, you said SIT. Sorry.
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By SevanGrim

He's back for the DC revamp. He hated Superman's red outside underwear....

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MutenRoshi

hail to the king baby

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Good to see him back.
pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#14  Edited By pspin

Cool, this is going to make things intersting with the others. 
Does anyone else think that FF is one of the better series that Marvel is publishing, I do, I love it
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By HellionVulcan
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@CaptainCyke said:
Hopefully never, because A) he should never have survived 2 seconds against Black Bolt, and B) he sucks.
Vulcan can fight blackbolt just not hand to hand but i liked vulcan he just shouldn't have become Ruler of the shi'ar but when will characters stay dead for once both went out in an awesome way ,i just hope they explain how Blackbolt survived seeing as vulcan should've been the only one to survive since hes a high end energy manipulator far beyond blackbolt .
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By mark5

Was there ever a doubt he was coming back? Good to see him though.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By MrUnknown
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@CaptainCyke said:
totally agree
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@HellionVulcan said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@CaptainCyke said:
Vulcan can fight blackbolt just not hand to hand but i liked vulcan he just shouldn't have become Ruler of the shi'ar but when will characters stay dead for once both went out in an awesome way ,i just hope they explain how Blackbolt survived seeing as vulcan should've been the only one to survive since hes a high end energy manipulator far beyond blackbolt .
He's a high end energy manipulator with no superhuman durability. Black Bolt is a Class 80 Strength superhuman with electron manipulation. Black Bolt is more powerful than Vulcan.
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By SpidermanWins

FINALLY! He better still be awesome

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HellionVulcan
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@HellionVulcan said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@CaptainCyke said:
He's a high end energy manipulator with no superhuman durability. Black Bolt is a Class 80 Strength superhuman with electron manipulation. Black Bolt is more powerful than Vulcan.
No durability he survived black bolts voice lol but i agree black bolt is more powerful by his voice as black bolts electron manipulation is nothing compared to Vulcans levels of manipulation but Black bolt is a 60 tonner at peak levels not 80 tons unless u count black bolts amping his skills to 75 tons at best but its only for short periods of time that he can do such a thing .Just saw their stats Vulcans durability level is above blackbolts also .
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@HellionVulcan said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@HellionVulcan said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@CaptainCyke said:
No durability he survived black bolts voice lol but i agree black bolt is more powerful by his voice as black bolts electron manipulation is nothing compared to Vulcans levels of manipulation but Black bolt is a 60 tonner at peak levels not 80 tons unless u count black bolts amping his skills to 75 tons at best but its only for short periods of time that he can do such a thing .Just saw their stats Vulcans durability level is above blackbolts also .
That was some of the worst PIS in history. 

Where does it say Vulcan has superior durability to Black Bolt? That's a joke. Black Bolt has flattened the Hulk with one blow. As in knocked him out. So yeh, his strength level is considerably more than 75 tons when he's tanking. They may be the official levels, but based on feats, Bolt is vastly greater than that.
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HellionVulcan
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@HellionVulcan said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@HellionVulcan said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@CaptainCyke said:
That was some of the worst PIS in history.   Where does it say Vulcan has superior durability to Black Bolt? That's a joke. Black Bolt has flattened the Hulk with one blow. As in knocked him out. So yeh, his strength level is considerably more than 75 tons when he's tanking. They may be the official levels, but based on feats, Bolt is vastly greater than that.
Not pis as Vulcan survived Gladiators punch & many other fights during war of kings ,so its pis that gladiator has also survived Black bolts voice ? & marvel stats on the marvel database that uses the marvel handbook ratings as its doesn't take strength to ko any one it takes skill black bolt has a ton more skill then the hulk when in a brawl as the hulk just aimlessly uses strength to hurt/injure his opponent into submission .
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@HellionVulcan said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@HellionVulcan said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@HellionVulcan said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@CaptainCyke said:
That was some of the worst PIS in history.   Where does it say Vulcan has superior durability to Black Bolt? That's a joke. Black Bolt has flattened the Hulk with one blow. As in knocked him out. So yeh, his strength level is considerably more than 75 tons when he's tanking. They may be the official levels, but based on feats, Bolt is vastly greater than that.
Not pis as Vulcan survived Gladiators punch & many other fights during war of kings ,so its pis that gladiator has also survived Black bolts voice ? & marvel stats on the marvel database that uses the marvel handbook ratings as its doesn't take strength to ko any one it takes skill black bolt has a ton more skill then the hulk when in a brawl as the hulk just aimlessly uses strength to hurt/injure his opponent into submission .
The entirety of War of Kings was PIS. It was a bad series, and the beginning of DnA's downward fall into crapitude. And yes, it's PIS that Gladiator survived Black Bolt's voice.
Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Bestostero

hurray for Black Bolt!

Chesapeake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Chesapeake

So is Vulcan alive too...right??????????
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Chesapeake said:
So is Vulcan alive too...right??????????
Nothing points to that being the case.
xkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By xkoenig

I like it. Artwork looks very good - quite a unique style.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

#28  Edited By MrMazz

about time

Norusdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Norusdog

stupid as hell.

if they're going to "kill" a character.  make it fucking mean something.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By leokearon

Fingers crossed, this doesn't lead to the return of Vulcan
Wingfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wingfoot

Hi ! 
Just four (five) words : hail to the (true) king ! 
Hihane washte.
Avatar image for transgressionsofsociety
TransgressionsofSociety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why is he coming back?!  He dies, everyone is emotional, he comes back, everyone is even more emotional...  Cheese...  So cheesy... 

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@TransgressionsofSociety said:
Why is he coming back?!  He dies, everyone is emotional, he comes back, everyone is even more emotional...  Cheese...  So cheesy... 
He should never have been killed in the first place. It was a bad idea in a story that was just a string of bad ideas, poor execution and a complete lack of character research.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a82f294c6df1
deactivated-5a82f294c6df1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lose the freaking fork on your forehead! I bet that's how they resurrect him... either by juicing him up through that with lightning or by removing it from his brain... helps explain his speech impediment... :P 

and here comes the fanboys and girls rage... :D

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By King Quisling

Great, the one trick pony comes back but Vulcan doesn't? What a jip.

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By redmanta

from all the dc news i  almost forgot  marvel 

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37  Edited By doordoor123

Its stupid that Black Bolt is being brought back so Randomly. They way he died, theres no way he could just get back up. He didnt even have a body.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Very nice. I do like Black Bolt even if I don't read much Marvel.  Truth is, from the panels, I keep forgetting just how large Lockjaw is.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By goldenkey
@King Quisling
isn't Vulcan returnin to fight the X-men?/?
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HellionVulcan
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@HellionVulcan said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@HellionVulcan said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@HellionVulcan said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@CaptainCyke said:
The entirety of War of Kings was PIS. It was a bad series, and the beginning of DnA's downward fall into crapitude. And yes, it's PIS that Gladiator survived Black Bolt's voice.
hahahaha well thats your opinion thou & war of kings was pis i know gladiator didn't solo the entire Inhumans & made it so Vulcan won the war ...
BlackPookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By BlackPookie

hah... another one...
Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Iron_Lad

Like they were really going to keep Black Bolt dead. I'd like to see Vulcan come back, he still has some unfinished business with the X-Men.

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By King Quisling
@goldenkey: Is he!?!?! SCORE!
kimeraevet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kimeraevet

It can't be called a return from the dead. Black Bolt was declared dead, but no body was found when the Inhumans went into The Fault. As such he is missing not dead. 

Asok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Asok

What about Vulcan?

NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NexusOfLight

So it was written, so it shall come to pass. All I can do is pull out that future event chart from Avengers numbah 5, an' mark "check" by Return of the King.

gridlock464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By gridlock464

@pspin For me, FF hands down is the best book Marvel is doing
B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By B'Town

This for me is GOOD news.  Blackbolt is one of THE interesting characters.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By JonesDeini

Ewww...this art hurts my eyes. What's so busy working on that I have to be assaulted by this? Couldn't get Kitson on board? It's not like he's busy doing anything on the War Machine series he was advertised on. 

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By PowerHerc

The retrun of Black Bolt is a welcome thing, imo.