Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Press Release

No Caption Provided

This July, IDW Publishing and 44FLOOD come together again to release an all-new four-issue series, TheSquidder, from famed comic artist Ben Templesmith. Templesmith returns to IDW as a triple threat with a series in which he writes and provides story, art, and lettering, as well as the primary covers. The Squidder mixes action, horror, science fiction, and fantasy elements with a touch of “Squidly” destruction.

Templesmith first gained renown as the artist responsible for the singular style of 30 Days of Night, which he co-created with noted horror-master, Steve Niles, and that went on to well documented success as a major motion picture. Templesmith has previously written and drawn the series Singularity 7 and multiple Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse miniseries.

“Ben was there at the start of IDW’s first comic publishing, so it’s great that his return with The Squiddercoincides with our 15th anniversary,” said Chris Ryall, IDW’s Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief. “Although, don’t get me wrong, a new series from Ben is welcome at any time. And thanks to our partnership with Ben’s new venture, 44FLOOD, this just may become a very nice regular occurrence.”

The Squidder, which was the focus of a wildly successful Kickstarter campaign for a limited graphic-novel edition of the story, centers on an old soldier, one of the last of the legendary Squidder Legions, from a forgotten war. The post-apocalyptic world seems to have left him behind, but it remains to be seen if a discarded relic with a death wish and a rebellious Squid priestess can overthrow humanity’s tentacled alien overlords.

The Squidder is equal parts Mad Max, Cthulhu creatures, and everything I love about early 90s Dolph Lungren action films,” said Ben Templesmith. “All of us at 44FLOOD are excited to be working with IDW to bring our projects into comic book shops and book stores. IDW has some of the best and most dedicated people in all of comics.”

Templesmith has returned to his roots to do the tentacle/Cthulhu-orientated book he's always promised, and IDW is proud to release another stunning and original project with an artist so important to the foundations of the company.

You can hear Ben talk more about THE SQUIDDER from last year's LBCHC HERE.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'll probably wait for a trade on this one, but it looks interesting.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Looks interesting. I'll give it a shot.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

30 Days of Night was a book that helped bring me back to comics. Templesmith's art stole the show. I'll definitely check this out. I've been wanted to see more of his work since he left Ten Grand.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Templesmith is fantastic. I have a large poster of his work from 30 Days in my room.

_Marc_74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

the kickstarter was way too expensive for UK but luckily its now on way in monthlies

ordered, ya!!!

ShibbyMcFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yes! I love Templesmiths stuff its always so dark and twisted. Cant wait to pick this up!

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll be getting this. I have yet to be disappointed with a book where the writer and artist are the same person. It's a bonus, for sure.