gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

It's a little weird how each Batman book almost has its own separate feel.  In some ways, that's a good thing.  In others, it almost makes it feel as if the books aren't related.  In the Batman title, Tony Daniel has been giving us Batman versus Black Mask action.  Who would've thought we'd see Batman team up with the Penguin in order to fight against Black Mask?  What's going to happen in issue #696? 

Batman at the mercy of Black Mask! While trapped in the crime lord's headquarters, The Dark Knight must find a way to escape before all of Gotham City falls prey to the Mask's lethal toxins. Guest-starring Catwoman, Penguin, Robin and the Reaper!     

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Tony Daniel's art continues to blow us away.  I love the scene where Damian just walks up, calling Dick "soldier."  It's also an interesting scene seeing Batman fighting the 'dirty cops.'  I kind of like it but it almost seems a little off having one cop shooting the other accidentally.  Wouldn't Batman disarm everyone first? 

What's your opinion on the different Batman books?  Do they feel different to you?  Which title is your favorite?  Can Black Mask be defeated?
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NightFang3

Can't what to reag it!

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By dane

did Damien just say 'epic fail' ?

Avatar image for --defunct--defunct--defunct--d
darkestknight2.0--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -8

User Lists: 4

gonna get it as soon as i can
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DEGRAAF
@Dane said:
"did Damien just say 'epic fail' ? "

lol i think so 

after looking at the preview for the newest batman comic, will Grayson be second guessing him self? He screwed up majorly, sided with penguin, basically got kidnapped, his robin was paralyzed (who will now be coming back) The police are saying Gotham is worse than it ever has been before. N ow when Dick took over as batman he had alot on his plate, Jason, Black Mask, Pink Flamingo, Two face and Penguin. Not to mention all the loose Arkyhm Assylum prisoners, doesnt seem to be getting very far. Does any one think they (the writers) are doing this to him to show that only the real Bruce Wayne could be batman? I think Dick should have been better than this. Than if you look at Red Robin, Al Ghul seems to think Tim is the most dangerous (im taking that as most capable to replace Bruce) but we know he is a better detective and from looking at their training thru their lives he should be a better fighter then Dick too, maybe just not as acrobatic. Everything has kinda pointed to Tim should have been the one to take over but in Battle for The Cowl he couldnt take it either against Jason, He had to many opening and weaknesses. Jason was ready. 

Does anyone think they should let Dick keep goin as Batman? Honestly after my rant i still think he should be. I still like him as batman and he should be given more time to get used to the role, its a big change, he is "top dog" right now. If DC doesnt want to keep him as batman when Bruce comes back i would like for Bruce to see how far Tim has come since his disapearance and allow Tim to become batman while Bruces mentors from behind the scenes (like he did in batman beyond). Im not sure where that would put Dick, i would like to see him stay as batman or go back to nightwing, i could see him picking up the red robin outfit in honor of Tim but i dont think i would like him in it.  

So should they keep dick give up being batman? 
Should Tim become batman when Bruce gets back? 
Should Dick become nightwing or red robin or some ne masked hero?         
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF
@G-Man:
I have a Topic going call Batman (Dick Grayson) Rant that is basically about this preview, I copy and pasted what i said in the the above post. Just letting you know incase you would like to delete or lock the other one
SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

Dick has become more darker, which is great he is becoming one great caped crusader. I like how Damian is giving Dick more respect. It seems to me that Damian might have what it takes to be one of the best robin, that is if he does not get killed, by the joker or another criminal. Then years later he gets risen back from the dead in a lazuras pit and wants to kill Dick for not saving him(sounds familiar right).    

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By -Eclipse-
@Dane said:
" did Damien just say 'epic fail' ? "
ROFL, yes, yes he did. Awesome.
EPIC FAIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By EPIC FAIL

I WANT ROYALTIES FOR USING MY NAME

RYU/BATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By RYU/BATMAN
@EPIC FAIL:  
Ha your name is in the comic, Damian said your name your famous Lol
Knox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Knox
@Dane said:
" did Damien just say 'epic fail' ? "
I know XD I LOL'd
Stamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By Stamps

I like the different feel that each book has. It gives readers the chance to see the many sides that the character has.

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Chane

I do dig that cover

ArtJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#13  Edited By ArtJoker

OH MY GOSH THATS GORGEOUS!

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

Does anyone else see the homage/resemblance to the Allstar Batman & Robin? Which also involved crooked cops & an extremely harsh/crazy/warped Bruce "Im the goddamned BATMAN" Wayne.. I think he even says get on your feet soldier when Dick starts complaining at some point.. can anyone verify

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I've become a pretty big fan of Damion lately, the lil dude cracks me up.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bruce Vain

I like Damian - I know some people don't , but I do. He maybe harsh at times , but he's blunt and says what he says & if you don't like it too bad.
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Why did Damain say Dick's name out loud?

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Primmaster64

LOL

crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crazed_h3ro

Wow, what ever happened Dick got owened LOL XD, just look at the poor guy,he was brain wash and then beaten."Can't Dick ever get a break?" ^_^.

I am really looking forword to this issue now -_^

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Yung ANcient One
@War Killer said:
" Why did Damain say Dick's name out loud? "
Because... their alone on a beach... and Damian is jus cool like that...
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#21  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Yung ANcient One said:
" @War Killer said:
" Why did Damain say Dick's name out loud? "
Because... their alone on a beach... and Damian is jus cool like that... "
Yeah I know. everyone else was gong about how cool Damian was, and no one seemed to noticed that. But I agree that the "EPIC FAIL" line was classic, lol
DarkClown92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DarkClown92
@DEGRAAF:  
 IDK 

I certainly understand your point about TIm possibly being the best choice, but I feel that Grayson was more fated for the role than TIm was.  Yes, Tim certainly has advantages over Dick like his detective skills and POSSIBLY his fighting prowess, but Grayson obviously has certain advantages over TIm like his ability to lead the ENTIRE Bat Family, his experience and most importantly his perseverance. Whenever there is a Crisis or problem Tim is usually the first one to fall emotionally and Dick is usually the one to continue on the crusade. And I think another very important matter is that even though Bruce clearly said that Nightwing and Robin should have been enough, it has always been shown that Bruce is the proudest of Dick because of how far he has come. Bruce always saw Tim as a student to ONE DAY be his equal if not superior while he felt Dick has already matched him if not surpassed him. 

As for when Bruce comes back, I think it's safe to say Dick is going to give the cape and cowl back to him, but I don't think that it's going to be as soon as everyone believes. It's already been said that Bruce is not going to be the same man that he was before the Crisis and his "death". He may not be ready to reclaim his role as protector of Gotham. I think he is eventually going to be needed to fill the role when Dick is incapacitated and can only be saved by his big brother (Bruce). 

As for how I see things playing out and what final costumes the family will be wearing for the foreseeable future

Bruce: He will spend a lot of time recuperating and trying to find his place, but will eventually reclaim the mantle of the Bat
Dick: He will continue wearing the Cape and Cowl for a few years but will create a new persona altogether. Something that will incorporate all of his past personas and truly celebrate his legacy. If he goes back to Nightwing, it is really just a step down again.
Tim: He will stay as Red Robin, he has outgrown being Robin, his role as Red Robin finally lets him fly on his own and not have to rely on anyone else, yet he is still part of the Bat Family. 
Stephanie: She will continue being Batgirl and annoying EVERYONE in the Family, but will do SOMETHING to earn their respect 

Damian: He is the real wild card, if he stays Robin he'll have to stay with Batman whoever he may be. Personally I can't see him partnering with Bruce because Bruce was never prepared for him and doesn't know how to handle him. It just feels more natural for him to continue partnering with Dick. He has obviously started to actually respect Dick, something he never did with Bruce (it was more like awe). An Dick obviously cares for the kid as well.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By G'bandit

LOL "Epic Fail"