#1 Posted by G-Man (29415 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about this...

Avengers Initiative Special #1
At least Dan Slott is writing.  I can't say that I really care that much about Hardball.  Boo hoo to him.  The art looks so-so to me.  Looks like a whole bunch of nobodies.  C'mon, Marvel, sell me on this book.
One of the longest-running plotlines in Avengers: The Initiative is resolved at last! Hardball is among the Initiative's most respected and decorated graduates. He's become a celebrity hero in Las Vegas, with his true love, Komodo, serving nearby in Arizona. But all the while, he's secretly been in the pocket of the terrorist group Hydra! Now everything comes to a head as Komodo finds out the truth...Senator Woodman's evil plan comes to fruition...and Hardball must choose a side, once and for all! Also in this not-to-be-missed issue, Dan Slott returns to solo writing duties for the previously-untold origin of Trauma...and the shocking revelation of his link to a longtime Marvel character!

caption

Staff
#2 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

Trauma is the son of someone with superpowers, right?
It seems to be the new thing now that they can't make new mutants. See Nick Fury's Secret Warriors for example, all of them are kids of super-humans.

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Trauma is the son of someone with superpowers, right?
It seems to be the new thing now that they can't make new mutants. See Nick Fury's Secret Warriors for example, all of them are kids of super-humans."
Some of them are gods or other beings.And one of them is a sorcerer.
#4 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"fesak said:
"Trauma is the son of someone with superpowers, right?
It seems to be the new thing now that they can't make new mutants. See Nick Fury's Secret Warriors for example, all of them are kids of super-humans."
Some of them are gods or other beings.And one of them is a sorcerer."

But also kids of existing marvel characters. Nothing wrong with that, but kind of a cop-out when that's the origin story of everyone.
#5 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hardball. The thing with him and Komodo is cute.

#6 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Stefano Caselli.

#7 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read some spoilers and it seems i was right about Trauma.

#8 Posted by G-Man (29415 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read it yet.  It's been a busy day.  Not sure why I'm still awake.

Staff
#9 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Its pretty good.  Uy's art just isn't my thing.  It does have some shocking moments though.