Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Not too long ago we caught our first glimpse at the character designs for members of a brand new team that is set to appear in AQUAMAN. Now the wait to be introduced to that team is over. In issue #7 of AQUAMAN, which hits store shelves on March 28th, we will be introduced to The Operative, Vostok-X and more. It seems that Arthur and members of 'The Others' won't be getting along very well -- at least not at first based on the cover to the series' following issue. Earlier DC unveiled the cover to issue #8 of AQUAMAN where we can see Arthur in the heat of battle up against 'The Others.'

“Aquaman vs. The Others! Ya’wara, the Operative, Vostok-X, P.O.W. -- if these are allies from Aquaman’s past, why is the Sea King in such terrible danger?” teased series editor Pat McCallum about the upcoming arc. “It’s a pivotal chapter in the story that will shatter Aquaman’s world!”

Why are 'The Others' so angry at Aquaman? If 'The Others' are Aquaman's former allies, then why are they all fighting with him? What do you think of the cover to issue #8? Have you been reading Aquaman? What do you think of the series? Who do you think is behind the destruction of Atlantis?

Source: DC

#1 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

haha what sort of woman goes into a fight wearing that little amount of clothing.

#2 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg: wonder woman -__-

#3 Posted by Deadknight (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg: From the looks of it, one with very few body image issues. (Or, you know - FAN SERVICE!)

#4 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: Wonder woman wears a little more, shes got a little bit of body armor.

#5 Posted by Novaar (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Or Dejah...or Sonja...;)

#6 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

that one lady looks like Calypso

anyways, looking forward to this!

#7 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Should I regret not buying Aquaman? :(

#8 Posted by zachkastner (188 posts) - - Show Bio

That Panther-person looks pretty sweet.

And I totally agree, she needs to throw on a shirt or something. lol In the comics I can't take Dejah seriously with her basically naked and commanding orders to troops who are clothed for battle. It is just odd.

#9 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe in the past, Aquaman said he was going to get them some beer, and he never came back, and they are TICKED OFF!!

Oh shocker, a near naked woman in comics. WHY!?!?!? Doesn't the companies realize how stupid it is to keep offending the female comic readers like myself? That's why I've always liked Wasp, she wears outfits that cover more then 80% of her body and look neat as well.

#10 Posted by termiteone4ever (7354 posts) - - Show Bio

Yess :)

#11 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

looks interesting.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33405 posts) - - Show Bio
@zachkastner@Miss_Garrick:  She's from an indigenous Brazilian tribe in the Amazon and has a pet panther, what do you expect her to wear?
#13 Posted by movieartman (1207 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti: YES YOU SHOULD Aquaman has been the one of the 3 best books of the reboot easly and has the best artwork 2nd only to jh williams in batwoman, plus in this arc that begins next week BLACK MANTA RETURNS

#14 Edited by movieartman (1207 posts) - - Show Bio

@Miss_Garrick:

wha@Miss_Garrick said:

Doesn't the companies realize how stupid it is to keep offending the female comic readers like myself?

Why do you find it offending its about showing the beauty of the female form Why the hell is that a bad thing! and i know the whole bull about it being explotative but the female form is beautful there is no purpose for it to be hidden. would you hide your beautful wedding ring cus people would enjoy the sight of it??????

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a spectacular cover!

#16 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti said:

naa not really. you can just get it in the trades when they come out. its pretty good. if you liked Aquaman in brightest day you'll like him in this series. same creative team. its one of the better series so far in the new 52. but its also a little overrated. but if you feel you need to read this series you can start with the new issue coming out tomorrow. its the start of a new arc devling into his past and who he was afilliated with. the main idea of the series so far is him trying to live a life on land rather than the sea with his chick, mera. and theres also a new ploit developing on Who Sank Atlantis...its geoff johns writting so theres bound to be some big event later in the series. but yaa..its rather good. :)

#17 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg said:

haha what sort of woman goes into a fight wearing that little amount of clothing.

The best kind. :D

#18 Posted by thecheckeredman (398 posts) - - Show Bio
@kingjoeg: See almost any other superlady published by M/DC.
#19 Edited by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Others Sounds Interesting but the Main thing is Black Manta Returns.

How long is this arc anyway?

#20 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti said:

I'm really enjoying it so far. It really takes the old assumptions and parodies about Aquaman and does away with them in the first issue. From then on, it's really entertaining stuff.

#21 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a lovely cover, and I'm still kinda wishing I had gotten into this fro the beginning. Still, I think that's an interesting twist that The Others were in league with Arthur in the past and makes me all the more curious for this upcoming arc. If the end result is Black Manta's return, I'm all for it.

#22 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna start repicking up this series after #7, waiting for the trade for 3-6.

#23 Posted by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweeeeeeet. I'm loving this current arc, with al the history of atlantis stuff

#24 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

I am soo excited!!

#25 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Only DC book I'm interested in reading nowadays next to The Flash.

#26 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Snakeyes ? LOL

#27 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Snakeyes, Marvel's Attuma, young Jason Vorhees escaped,Marvel mutated Black Panther,and the stripper chic/Rose Mcgowan? lol ,Please don't get mad at me?lol!!

#28 Edited by Red_Robin212 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg: Tarot.....Yes I just made a reference to that stupid series.

But on a serious note I can't wait for this, Aquaman is my second fave book after Snyder's batman

#29 Posted by cracker_jack (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg said:

Make love not war. ;)

#30 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving this series. It's easily one of my favourites of the New 52 and I'm very excited for this new arc.

#31 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

@movieartman: Can't a woman be beautiful and wear clothes at the same time?

#32 Posted by davidgrantlloyd (347 posts) - - Show Bio

So cool!

At this rate, Aquaman will be nearly evryone's favourite hero before long.

#33 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

FANTASTIC cover.

I've been very intrigued to see these Characters. hardly can wait anymore

#34 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, seriously, Aquaman is in no way a bad book, or even a mediocre book, but even top 5 of the New 52 is SERIOUSLY stretching it. It's not too deep or complex, sure its making Aquaman a badass, and creating some nice mythos, but otherwise its pretty straightforward with only some average panel styling and artwork that is indeed very good but very standard in terms of style.

Great book, not an ultimate game-changer. I wan't to call it the 'Halo' of the New 52, where the fanbase gives it a overinflated ego it doesn't deserve..... but at least Aquaman deserves more praise than Halo. Top 10 at best, I have to give leeway for more expression of opinion. I wouldn't put it in my top 10, but I can see it earning a slot there overall. Not top 5 though, no way.

#35 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

My favourite book from DC.

#36 Posted by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving the new Aquaman stuff. That is all.

#37 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

ha cant say i didnt see this coming

#38 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

My favourite book from DC.

One of the most entertaining, no doubt!

#39 Posted by J_Saints (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just super excited to see the Others in this, the guy with the Armour looks badass.

#40 Posted by cacarl (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Bagmaaaaaan....Bagmaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

#41 Posted by Thaxus (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg: Does it really matter? Ya'wara is very sexy on this cover.