Same thing I was thinking.
#4 Posted by G-Man (33891 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"

'Nuff Said!...

"
Staff
#5 Posted by King Saturn (224153 posts) - - Show Bio
Oh Hell Yes  !  I Am Gonna Get This Comic.... FOR REAL  !
#6 Posted by The Minuteman (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on the creative team, it is pretty exciting.

#7 Posted by G-Man (33891 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:
No pic?"
Same thing I was thinking."
I got a blank e-mail from my dude at Marvel and I e-mailed back thinking he forgot to send me the cover.  D'oh!  He got me too.
Staff
#8 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, this is a sucky preview. I wish there was a pic.

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:
No pic?"
I got a blank e-mail from my dude at Marvel and I e-mailed back thinking he forgot to send me the cover.  D'oh!  He got me too."
LOL.I can't wait to read this.
#10 Posted by G-Man (33891 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"G-Man said:
"Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:
No pic?"
I got a blank e-mail from my dude at Marvel and I e-mailed back thinking he forgot to send me the cover.  D'oh!  He got me too."
LOL.I can't wait to read this."
Exactly.  Since we've all been teased, now we really want to read it.
Staff
#11 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#12 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

Another president story? How come Bush didn't receive the same treatment when he won 2004?

#13 Posted by King Saturn (224153 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverZeo said:
"Another president story? How come Bush didn't receive the same treatment when he won 2004?"
Because No One Really Liked President Bush...

LOL jk jk
#14 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I seriously think this is retard. It better be just some side story at the end of the issue like with Colbert, otherwise its a major waste of a comic and my money.

#15 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"I seriously think this is retard. It better be just some side story at the end of the issue like with Colbert, otherwise its a major waste of a comic and my money."
But then wouldn't the story be pretty much the same or predictable? President shows up, villain shows up to attack president, Spidey shows up to save president, Spidey gets his butt kicked, President lends a helping hand, Spidey and President save the day, exchange thanks and go their seperate ways.  Whose next? Al Gore? Jimmy Carter?
#16 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they don't suck it up.  Spidey's been really good and I have liked both Waid's and Well's issues so I have good expectations.

#17 Posted by King Saturn (224153 posts) - - Show Bio
Obama Obama Obama....

lol
#18 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't be more original to have Captain America help usher in the new President of the United States? I mean, are they just randomly teaming Spidey up with celebrities to make him look good after One More Day? Which is pretty much what the Simpsons and Family Guy are doing today.

#19 Posted by King Saturn (224153 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverZeo said:
"Wouldn't be more original to have Captain America help usher in the new President of the United States? I mean, are they just randomly teaming Spidey up with celebrities to make him look good after One More Day? Which is pretty much what the Simpsons and Family Guy are doing today."
Aint Noting Wrong With Spidey Getting A Little Shine Time...

lol
#20 Posted by G-Man (33891 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverZeo said:
"Wouldn't be more original to have Captain America help usher in the new President of the United States? I mean, are they just randomly teaming Spidey up with celebrities to make him look good after One More Day? Which is pretty much what the Simpsons and Family Guy are doing today."
Uhm, Captain America is dead.  Having a zombie Cap usher him in might be a little freaky.  Did you mean Bucky?  He's too much of a loose cannon.  Spidey is your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man and he's practically the face of Marvel so...
Staff
#21 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"I seriously think this is retard. It better be just some side story at the end of the issue like with Colbert, otherwise its a major waste of a comic and my money."
Sounds like a collector's issue to me
#22 Posted by G-Man (33891 posts) - - Show Bio

It worked for Savage Dragon. When he announced that he endorsed Obama, the issue sold out, twice.

Staff
#23 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Nobody said:
Sounds like a collector's issue to me"
Bennie-babies were collector items too, but it doesn't mean they were any good or better then anything else on the market. Adding a celebrity to a comic is like remaking a timeless classic movie, in most cases, they just wanted a cheap way to make money without any real creative effort.
#24 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverZeo said:
"pixelized said:
"Nobody said:
Sounds like a collector's issue to me"
Bennie-babies were collector items too, but it doesn't mean they were any good or better then anything else on the market. Adding a celebrity to a comic is like remaking a timeless classic movie, in most cases, they just wanted a cheap way to make money without any real creative effort."
i wasn't implying that it's good, bad, or indifferent, just saying that it's a comic with America's first President of color. Could be worth something one day
#25 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

An another thing: I think the story would have been better if they had the story with McCain instead of Obama becuase...

1. He's at least more relateible to Spider-Man than Obama, in my opinion at least. People ridicule and wrongly accused McCain of being things that was he not while Obama got the kind of respect that Superman has earned from the last 70 years.
2. It would be a less obvious rouse to make Spider-man more popular since OMD.
3. It would regain Marvel's reputation of being original with their stories and heroes, anyone can write a story about of a winner, but ti takes real creativity to write about the loser, like the Wicked Witch of the West in "Wicked" or the Big Bad Wolf in "Fables", why not the loser of 2008 election?

#26 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

>> No pic? <<

I think I saw the Romita (regular) cover somewhere (probably on the Diamond site) ... but the Jiminez (Obama) cover is secret right now.

Rx

#27 Posted by G-Man (33891 posts) - - Show Bio
Roxanne Starr said:
">> No pic? <<

I think I saw the Romita (regular) cover somewhere (probably on the Diamond site) ... but the Jiminez (Obama) cover is secret right now.

Rx"
Up above I addressed why this 'preview' doesn't have an image.
Staff
#28 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey G-Man!

That savage dragon first print was going for about 70 bucks on e-bay the last time I checked.

#29 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

When is this issue out?

#30 Edited by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

>> When is this issue out? <<

1/14/09. I believe that's what Marvel said.

#31 Posted by King Saturn (224153 posts) - - Show Bio
Roxanne Starr said:
">> When is this issue out? <<

1/14/09. I believe that's what Marvel said."
Cooly
#32 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks Roxanne.

#33 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man,

Please remove my post in the Obama forum where I offered to sell lots of the spider-man variant to people outside of our  immediate area.

We have changed our policy on this issue due to high demand. Whatever promises were extended before the time of this post will be honored, but no more advance orders will be accepted. Thanks!

Rx

#34 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

That cover for Obama is pretty cool. 

#35 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. There's a little story in the back of the book as well with Obama in it.

#36 Posted by King Saturn (224153 posts) - - Show Bio
Roxanne Starr said:
"Yep. There's a little story in the back of the book as well with Obama in it."
Oooh Gravy.... sounds pretty sweet
#37 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

So is the whole comic about Obama?  Or is it kind of a backup?