Posted by G-Man (34580 posts) - - Show Bio

The new CAPTAIN AMERICA series started off with a bang. Ed Brubaker and Steve McNiven have maintained the fun and excitement Cap fans expect. Recently it was announced that Alan Davis is joining Brubaker and we're going to be in for a treat. Today, Marvel has released a first look at CAPTAIN AMERICA #6.

Cut off one of its heads, and two more take its place! An all-new Hydra has risen and they have their sights set on the Sentinel of Liberty in your first look at Captain America #6! Critically acclaimed writer Ed Brubaker is joined by legendary artist Alan Davis for an important new chapter in the life of Steve Rogers. Throughout Fear Itself, Rogers has been harboring a dark secret and its one that may leave the leader of Earth’s Mightiest….powerless. Can Cap and his closest allies take on the revitalized Hydra and stop them before it’s too late? Find out in Captain America #6!

Am I the only one in love with Alan Davis' art?

== TEASER ==

CAPTAIN AMERICA #6 (OCT110599)

Written by ED BRUBAKER

Pencils & Cover by ALAN DAVIS

Inks MARK FARMER

Colors by LAURA MARTIN

FOC – 11/14/11, ON SALE – 12/7/11

Staff
#1 Posted by leokearon (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

Hurray Davis art, is he a regular or just a guest artist

#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

This art is truly amazing, yes. Good for Davis to be on this!

#3 Posted by danhimself (22565 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Steve McNiven comes back....he's what I would consider a definitive Captain America artist

#4 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

His art is just so gorgeous!

#5 Posted by G-Man (34580 posts) - - Show Bio

@leokearon: He's also on issue #7. Solicits for February haven't been released yet.

Staff
#6 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his art, its definitely very nice and he is very talented but I'm with danhimself, I believe Sten McNiven is a definitive Captain America artist. I love how he draws Cap. I still enjoy Alan Davis' work however in the 2nd panel of the last page there, Cap looks goofy.

#7 Posted by Gordo789 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@MetropolisKid41 said:

I like his art, its definitely very nice and he is very talented but I'm with danhimself, I believe Sten McNiven is a definitive Captain America artist. I love how he draws Cap. I still enjoy Alan Davis' work however in the 2nd panel of the last page there, Cap looks goofy.

goofy is an understatement. He looks like my high school chemistry teacher dressed in a loose fitting cap halloween costume.

#8 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahaha! Well worded!!

#9 Posted by daredevil21134 (11862 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#10 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

floating heads cover. AWESOMENESS!!!

#11 Posted by Decept-O (7278 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy Pepperoni!!! I also love Alan Davis' art, G-Man, have for a long time! A great writer and yet another great artist on Cap.

PLUS---BATROC THE LEAPER! This is great.

#12 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

He got skinny and funky-looking on the entire last page. Did the serum suddenly wear off or something?

#13 Posted by adayinthelife (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great. Am I missing something, or have we not seen issues 4 and 5 yet?

#14 Posted by BKole (501 posts) - - Show Bio

Multiple dream versions of Batroc, Baron Zemo and the woman who was revealed to be in the Dream World from Issue 3 of the series. So I'd go for some sort of...dream theme here. You know, suggesting why Cap's getting a beat down from Batroc and he's getting old and frail.

#15 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

davis is alright.

#16 Posted by notarandomguy (316 posts) - - Show Bio

ART, ART, AAAART!!! that's what it is CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT D:

#17 Edited by War Killer (20223 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, I hope that scene with Batroc is a dream or something, I would hate it if they went back to his old look instead of keeping the current (and more modern) look he was wearing recently in Captain America...

#18 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one in love with Alan Davis' art?

Nope. :P

#19 Posted by TheDarkHawk87 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

That's really wicked righteous!!! I'm digging the art!!! :D

#20 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's the hot babe with Zemo?

I mean, I love the art!