Posted by G-Man (30652 posts) - - Show Bio

Age of Ultron has been brewing for a while now. With the latest teasers from Marvel, "Submit or Perish," it seems they're trying to hint that not everyone will make it out alive.

Yesterday we saw teasers featuring Red Hulk and Black Widow. Today She-Hulk takes the center stage.

We would assume she'll make it out of this story fine since she's a member of the Future Foundation while the Fantastic Four are away on their adventure. Then again, you know what they say about assuming things. With the way Marvel has "killed" characters recently, it would make sense to see some casualties occur. We'll have to wait until March to find out.

AGE OF ULTRON #1 (JAN130627)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art and Cover by BRYAN HITCH

On-Sale March 2013 A.U.

AGE OF ULTRON #2 (JAN130634)

On-Sale March 2013 A.U.

AGE OF ULTRON #3 (JAN130637)

On-Sale March 2013 A.U.

Staff
#1 Posted by brandonbonito (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Heroes can't ever die!!

#2 Posted by Cavemold (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

bet she dies

#3 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the art

#4 Posted by Nefilim927 (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Will She-Hulk become relevant? Will anyone care? I don't have anything against her personally I'm just suprised to see her be the star of the teaser

#5 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this title

#6 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a bit weird seeing She-Hulk in such a "realistic" style. It's a good weird though.

#7 Posted by ARMIV2 (8289 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah...She-Hulk with short hair...

I think I like.

#8 Posted by Shika1Dude (111 posts) - - Show Bio

so far, black widow's one looks the best

#9 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

1) I have no idea how this event will work in continuity with anything else.

2) Oh great, another event where Wolverine takes center stage. Cause he's not doing much these days *Rolls my eyes*

3) Let me guess, Bendis is going to kill more heroes he doesn't care about and puts his favorites center stage again.

4) This event is going to suck. Right down to "The most controversial moment in all Marvel History!"

#10 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefilim927 said:

Will She-Hulk become relevant? Will anyone care? I don't have anything against her personally I'm just suprised to see her be the star of the teaser

Dude, She-Hulk is awesome.

And really, if they can put Luke Cage as "The one who can stop Ultron" billing, then why not? She-Hulk is a great character.

And why so surprised?

#11 Posted by Crackdown (590 posts) - - Show Bio

SEE: Black Widow, She-Hulk, and the Incredible Rulk

WATCH: These three and their companions take on Ultron

REVEL: When it's Hawkeye that is the main plot character

AGONIZE: Over Otto Octavius as Spider-Man during this entire arc

#12 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

Ughhhh this is a ten issue arc? At $3.99 a piece? No thanks. I'll wait for the trades.

#13 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (881 posts) - - Show Bio

She better not die! FF is one of my favorite books! It just wouldn't be the same without her.

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is she with short hair?

#15 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

What's up with her hair do?

#16 Posted by jwalser3 (4796 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really like her with short hair...

#17 Posted by Shazam78 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the art just not liking the short hair. Makes more sense in a fight though. Heroes die all the time, now staying dead that's another thing.

#18 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crackdown: Peter Parker is Spider-man this was in development before Bendis and Hitch even new the Otto was going to be Spider-man.

#19 Posted by Inverno (13061 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks weird with short hair...

#20 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6174 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca:

What makes you feel Wolverine is taking center stage in this arc in any way? I hope not ... but for different reasons than your own.

Bendis takes no small amount of pleasure in seeing Logan humiliated as often as humanly possible. Obvious he doesn't think much of the character. Marvel Editors are probably feeding him down his throat. Reflected in his umpteenth appearance every month (as you yourself bemoan).

I'd rather him appear solidly in two, maybe three titles total and be written consistently and be written well than the splattered hog wash we get lately.

He was aces in X-Force. I'd like more of that please.

#21 Edited by JPWolf5 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

So is this an Event or a Alternate Reality, like Age of Apocalypse?

Cause I hoping for Alternate Reality, personally.

#22 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

What is it with Marvel and giving their female characters short hair, first Ms. Marvel and now She-Hulk? It works for people like Maria Hill, but She-Hulk looks much better with longer hair.

#23 Posted by Nefilim927 (357 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't question the awesomness of She-Hulk. I just am trying to remember, oh say maybe the last 3 times, she had any major panel time or poignant statements. Luke Cage was headlining the Thunderbolts for a while and was with the New Avengers so seeing his face pop up isn't as much of a suprise.

#24 Posted by Nefilim927 (357 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca I don't question the awesomness of She-Hulk. I just am trying to remember, oh say maybe the last 3 times, she had any major panel time or poignant statements. Luke Cage was headlining the Thunderbolts for a while and was with the New Avengers so seeing his face pop up isn't as much of a suprise.

#25 Posted by ClintsEvilTwin (76 posts) - - Show Bio

@broo1232: You are wrong about this. It IS Superior Spider-man in this arc. Issues of Superior tie into this event.

#26 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh don't kill She-Hulk! She rules!!

#27 Posted by ssj2DeadPool (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel needs to learn how to do a cool "event" The Joker story and crossovers is a sweet little "event" The green lantern 3rd army story is a sweet little crossover "event" This whole ten issue and include every single book in the Marvel Universe that Marvel keeps cramming down our throats every summer, that I keep saying I do not want, but end up buying anyway, is not an "event" It is just stealing our money. They could do a sweet Ultron story like DC does it, instead they have to make a big scene about it and it just ruins it. It just cant live up to the hype.

#28 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i like her with long her or short, doesn't matter to me. so far, the covers to the ultron event look amazing. can't wait to read this in tpb.  

#29 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

She will perish !!!!

#30 Edited by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

I ass/u/med that this is going to be a divergent time stream, like age of apocalypse... No one else foresees this?

Edit: you beat me to it, Mr Wolf!

@JPWolf5:

#31 Posted by Bad_People (152 posts) - - Show Bio

All I have to say is She's not looking her best on that cover.

#32 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefilim927 said:

LOL made me laugh dude. But seriously.

#33 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

They kill She Hulk and I riot.

#34 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Never been a fan of She-Hulk... ever

#35 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4613 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: Me Neither, and the Title for the thread is so misleading. XP (+)

#36 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

So is this Age of Ultron the next big major event after AvX?? I don't know much about ultron but i hope that this series would turn out to be better than that crappy AvX!!

#37 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Cafeterialoca:

What makes you feel Wolverine is taking center stage in this arc in any way? I hope not ... but for different reasons than your own.

Bendis takes no small amount of pleasure in seeing Logan humiliated as often as humanly possible. Obvious he doesn't think much of the character. Marvel Editors are probably feeding him down his throat. Reflected in his umpteenth appearance every month (as you yourself bemoan).

I'd rather him appear solidly in two, maybe three titles total and be written consistently and be written well than the splattered hog wash we get lately.

He was aces in X-Force. I'd like more of that please.

Well, The solicits say that "Wolverine does the most controversial thing in the history of Marvel!" By issue 6. And it involves him time traveling to an earlier period of the Avengers. Seems to me that they are focusing on Wolverine, AGAIN!

Um, Bendis was the on who put Wolverine on the Avengers in the first place. He uses Wolverine as a crutch.

I didn't mind Wolverine before. Now I hate him. 6 ongoings at once is waaaaay too much Wolverine! I mean, one of my favorite characters is dead in Avengers Arena and my other favorite is advertise as going to die, but I'm supposed to be happy cause the same few characters are everywhere? Annoying as hell!

And yeah, he was good in X-Force. Problem with Wolverine now is that his fanboys are writing him (Jason Aaron).

#38 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6103 posts) - - Show Bio

why does SheHulk look so goddamn weird?

#39 Posted by krexxxx4 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis said his Moon Knight was going to be in this. I want to see some Moon Knight! He may have killed the character for future use, but I want more Moon Knight!!

#40 Posted by Bad_People (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01 said:

i like her with long her or short, doesn't matter to me. so far, the covers to the ultron event look amazing. can't wait to read this in tpb.

I think her hair is okay. It's her face that bothers me. Buh...

#41 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

@ClintsEvilTwin: Good point just thought I heard something about it being Peter Parker.

#42 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

That would certainly throw a curve to me if she did die. I'd actually pay for this to see it happen. Not that I hate Shulkie, just would be quite amazed if it happened.

#43 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be just me, but there is something very off putting about that art. Doesn't seem like her head matches the body.

#44 Edited by Sinfulplayerx (193 posts) - - Show Bio

My Top-10 predictions for this story arc: 

1) The "Sentry" come back
2) The "Thing" lifts "Mjolnir" but gets killed of by "Bendis".
3) The "Hulk" reaches a  new level of Gamma power'd-ness,  "Multi-Universe War Hulk"
4) "Luke Cage" grows his afro back and says "Sweet Christmas" 
5) "Iron Man" makes a new armor
6) "Deadpool" breaks the "4th Wall" and asks "Wolverine" if he knows everyone reading the Comic thinks he's whored out, way to much.
7) "Ultron" has a new body made of "Adamantium" + "Vibranium" + "Uru" + "StanLeeium"....... but gets ripped in 1/2 by "The Hulk" after "The Hulk" reaches a  new level of Gamma power'd-ness,  "Multi-Universe War Hulk"................ but then moments later "The Scarlet Witch" use's her Powers to undo's this............. and then for some odd reason the writters purposely forget to add "The Hulk" back into the story arc. (that run on sentence drained me)
8) A "Watcher" appears and just watches....
9) A "Shield Heli-carriers" crashes.
10) "Thor" gets punched out by Hank Pym for "PIS"....  but then moments later kills Ultron with a "God-Blast"..... meanwhile "Kid-Loki" is seen holding his chin, in the last panel saying.... "Look at you. The mighty Thor! With all your strength! And what good does it do you now? I have planned all of this......Do you hear me, my dear brother...."

#45 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

let me guess.... somehow, they are going to say books are NOT involved but then days before you go to the shop, marvel will let loose "HEY! YOUR FAVORITE BOOK WHICH WE SAID IS NOT INVOLVED IS NOW INVOLVED!" 

#46 Posted by GreenScar1990 (530 posts) - - Show Bio

She-Hulk isn't going to submit to Ultron or any villain. And she certainly isn't going to perish without a fight! If Jen does die, she should go down fighting and smashing. I mean go full-on Hulk! Hopefully we'll get Jen out of FF and into her own series written by Jeff Parker.