How strong is his Organic Steel?

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mercules

As the title says, How strong is his organic steel, I guess durable might be a better word but w/e. Is it like adamantium or?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Stronger than regular steel by far, but weaker than adamantium. Riptide has pierced his skin. Nimrods broke his arm. WWH bent his arms. Wolverine scored it in a sparring session as most likely to not seriously harm him. A celestial probe blasted him across San Diego and ripped a gaping hole in his chest. It's been broken a few times, but it's hard to gauge exactly what its durability is.

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stronger than regular steel by far, but weaker than adamantium. Riptide has pierced his skin. Nimrods broke his arm. WWH bent his arms. Wolverine scored it in a sparring session as most likely to not seriously harm him. A celestial probe blasted him across San Diego and ripped a gaping hole in his chest. It's been broken a few times, but it's hard to gauge exactly what its durability is.

Well I can see that... It seems to vary a lot. I'm curious how Nimrods broke his arm while WWH only bent it. Still I could see how it's stronger than steel.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 god_spawn  Moderator

@omnibeast: Because Hulk was just trying to incapacitate him so he bent them to the point they were immobile. The Nimrods were legit trying to harm him, swarmed him, and compensate their strength to adjust and break his arm.

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mercules

@omnibeast: Because Hulk was just trying to incapacitate him so he bent them to the point they were immobile. The Nimrods were legit trying to harm him, swarmed him, and compensate their strength to adjust and break his arm.

1. Nice scan.

2. I can see WWH only trying to knock him out

3. For some reason that looks a lot more painful than a regular arm breaking.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: They might break his arms, but they'll never break his spirit.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 god_spawn  Moderator

Magik did that just fine.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rickbarry

@rickbarry said:

Magik did that just fine.

Buuuurrrrn. On a side note, I might check out AvX: What if. Only on the sole hope that I can finally see Colossus 'run wild'.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought he was an osmium alloy and not steel at all? I'd say his durability is directly related to the writers desire to hurt him or not, though I always pictured it as maybe the second toughest metal around (and hence why Logan's claws tend to spark off of him and just scratch him. (Like steel CAN cut iron but not easily)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@numi said:

I thought he was an osmium alloy and not steel at all? I'd say his durability is directly related to the writers desire to hurt him or not, though I always pictured it as maybe the second toughest metal around (and hence why Logan's claws tend to spark off of him and just scratch him. (Like steel CAN cut iron but not easily)

Colossus can be cut by Wolverine if he wishes. He's already admitted to this and the only reason Logan sparks him is so he doesn't seriously harm him.

Avatar image for teddy_the_god_killer
teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Interesting side point that they listed his strength as 1.5 tonnes per pound. Considering he is probably trying to protect himself with his maximum strength there is actually a danger of being to work out 'exactly' how strong he is. For a comic that's a bad show in deed, it almost borders on a hard 'fact'. But then they will say he can vary his weight.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

Colossus can be cut by Wolverine if he wishes. He's already admitted to this and the only reason Logan sparks him is so he doesn't seriously harm him.

I was always under the impression he couldn't strike him hard enough to actually pierce the armor. I've the vague memory of Sym being able to bury a claw in his chest, much to Colossus's surprise.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By numi

@rickbarry:

I agree, I think Sym could do it because his strength was so much higher than Wolverine's but that Logan can't put enough force behind it to go through him ordinarily.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 god_spawn  Moderator

@rickbarry: The laws of that universe were different or something like that. Hence why Logan's claw broke in the first place. There was a context to it, I just can't remember what. And Colossus has already admitted Wolverine is capable of cutting him to the bone. Logan has just never had a reason to really try to.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By numi

@god_spawn:

Where was it that he said Logan could do that? In the case of Sym, it was in Limbo, not a different universe and as Logan's claws aren't attached to his skeleton by adamantium, I would think snapping the remaining sinew from his skeleton (he was dead I believe) wouldn't be hard at all, hence freeing his claws. (I seem to remember Sym using one as a toothpick at one point. I really have to dig that out).

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@numi: By Colossus himself. Colossus has actually pointed out Wolverine can cut him if he wishes on a few occasions. And yes, Sym broke a claw off of an alternate Wolverine. It wasn't the main 616 one IIRC. And he didn't rip it from the joint. He broke the claw itself. I also remember something about the context of Limbo making things different, hence why S'ym did it so easily. It was either that or because it was an alternate Wolverine.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn said:

@numi: By Colossus himself. Colossus has actually pointed out Wolverine can cut him if he wishes on a few occasions. And yes, Sym broke a claw off of an alternate Wolverine. It wasn't the main 616 one IIRC. And he didn't rip it from the joint. He broke the claw itself. I also remember something about the context of Limbo making things different, hence why S'ym did it so easily. It was either that or because it was an alternate Wolverine.

Yeah, I don't really recall the aspects of the meeting at all. I just remember S'ym somehow breaking adamantium, eating wolverine and using what was left as projectiles. He was insanely amped by some magical aura. Limbo be trippin', bru.

jdnice11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So in the Marvel Universe there is 4 types of Metal that are nigh-indestructible
*Thors Hammer made of Uru Metal is ARGUABLY the strongest metal in the MCU
But metals from earth
1. Adamantium: Once liquid Adamantium cools and hardens, it can never be manipulated again, making it the hardest metal on earth
2. Vibranium: Not as hard or as dense as Adamantium, but is extremely durable able to absorb attacks nullifying them.
3. Osmium: An extremely dense metal, located in another dimension where Colossus creates a psionic link to trade of his carbon atoms for Osmium atom. We know Colossus is extremely durable but has his limits

*With that said, Adamantium being the strongest metal, can cut through Colossus BUT Wolverine, doesn't have the strength/power to do so, maybe scratch but not cut
*Also Vibranium is a weakness of Colossus. Upon contact he will revert back to his human form
Fact about Colossus

*Also its Comic world and alot of facts, Power...etc change depending on the writer...other than that enjoy!