#1 Posted by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious as to most peoples thoughts on the relationship that seems to be forming in Cable & X-force. The two obviously have an attraction to one another, as they hooked up in the fourth or fifth issue, but the latest issue seems to suggest Domino's interest in Petey isn't just skin deep. Of course we know Petey is still hung up on Kitty as of issue six and this stint in prison is his way of 'earning' permission to be be allowed back in their lives. So, What do you folks think about the potential relationship being teased here? Do you like it or hate it?

I certainly didn't expect it, but it's not a bad thing by any means. I know people have taken a shot at the slow burn that is Hopeless and his first arc. Personally, after AvX, I could use a little character interaction and less explosions so the comic works for me. It's obvious Hopeless has a good grasp of the characters as well as a vested interest in these two being an odd couple specifically. She's already called him out a time or two on how flawed his thought process can be. Which is a good thing. I'm tired of mopey Piotr. Give 'em a "bad girl" if you'll pardon the term.

It's certainly not as iconic as him and Kitty, but it works for me.

#2 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't know how I feel about it, but I don't think that I like it. I don't really think that the two characters are compatible. It's not a ship that I ever would have thought of. That's not to say it couldn't work (I don't think it will, but we'll see). It just feels...wrong? I've always been a pretty steadfast Domino x Cable shipper and a casual Domino x Wolverine shipper.

Colossus just seems so outside her type and her, his. I don't know, maybe that's a good thing. Using real life perspective, sometimes getting together with somebody outside of your normal type is a good thing. But here it just doesn't feel that right.

#3 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11376 posts) - - Show Bio

It's something different so I'm okay with it. Maybe it'll eventually reunite Colossus and Kitty in the future, even.

#4 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm ok with it for now, but it seemed kinda of out of nowhere. I mean I know that they hinted at something during Brian Wood's previous X-Men run, but it still seems just i don't know...not something that was even in the realm of possibility ( I know that sounds stupid as this is comics mind you). I mean Colossus just doesn't seems like Domino's type. I've always thought of her with a soldier/old warrior type like Cable (and Wolverine...). But hey, it's comics.

However I still think Domino x Cable is the better pairing as is Colossus x Kitty. Hope they go back to those pairings soon.

#5 Edited by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Domino is sort of acting like a "life counselor" for Colossus as of right now, as in someone to talk to about any problems he has, and she can bring things to a different perspective. She seems to have her fair share of life experiences. This seems like a great benefit for Colossus to grow as a person and finally move on. For now, I see their drunken sex as a one-night-stand sort of thing, maybe to get him out of his funk.

I think Colossus should hold off on romance for now because if he finally forgives his sister Illyana and the both of them reconciling and starting all over, I think he should concentrate on helping her. She still has a lot of baggage she needs to deal with and I don't think she could do it alone. She's a broken young woman who needs guidance and healing. I think Colossus' own experience with demonic possession can give him a clear idea on how to deal with her. After all, she did say he's not like her so he can never understand what she went through.

#6 Edited by God_Spawn (37707 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like it. I think it being a relationship I never thought of happening is what I like most. I would have never guessed Cyclops and Emma would have ever hooked up, but lo and behold they ended up becoming my favorite couple in comics as well as my top two favorite characters in general. I really want to see where this is going.

#7 Posted by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of feel like Hopeless is building the comic in a similar way to Remender. I've the feeling he's going to use Colossus and Domino as a foundation/heart of the book? Of course I hope it doesn't end as badly as it did for Psylocke and Archangel.

@thegreyoutcastx: You think so? I think he fits the bill for the most part. While he isn't as quick to kill folks as either Logan/Cable he's just as damaged goods. I tend to lean toward @god_spawn: when it comes to the pairing. If anything I would have assumed it was going to be Boom Boom, but Domino came out of left field and it works. In fact...I think it's the best part of the book seven issues in.

#8 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Colossus is often depicted as a gentle giant, while that doesn't mean he isn't any less of a fighter that Logan/Cable, he is not really in the a same category as Logan and Cable. it just doesn't fit the usual mold of what we've seen as Domino's significant other. And Boom Boom x Colossus was never gonna happen. She wasn't a member of the main cast at the beginning, and they were showing possible (yet not taken seriously) signs of Domino x Colossus during Wood's X-Men run ie. the proto-mutant arc.

#9 Posted by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Colossus is often depicted as a gentle giant, while that doesn't mean he isn't any less of a fighter that Logan/Cable, he is not really in the a same category as Logan and Cable. it just doesn't fit the usual mold of what we've seen as Domino's significant other. And Boom Boom x Colossus was never gonna happen. She wasn't a member of the main cast at the beginning, and they were showing possible (yet not taken seriously) signs of Domino x Colossus during Wood's X-Men run ie. the proto-mutant arc.

I dunno. I kind of look at Wolverine/Cable as these jaded type of guys and Colossus is certainly fallen into that category over the past couple of years. So, while I agree on the issue of the pairing being out of left field, I rather like it thus far. It's good for both characters.

#10 Edited by time (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

It's wierd, I thought Domino was going to hook up with Cable, seeing how they reunited.

#11 Posted by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of like the couple even more after this latest issue.

Emolossus threatens to appear, but Domino quickly puts it in check. It's weird, it works and it's natural. Yay.

#12 Posted by MzDomino (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't touched comics in years but started up again with this title because Domino and Cable are my two favorite characters. I've gathered that there's been a lot of history to contend with since they were last a couple, but I'm still holding out hope that they get back together. I can't imagine Domino tolerating Colossus and his dourness for very long. He reminds me of Eeyore. However, I did love the "I'm not your damsel in distress." line in the most recent issue.

#13 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@mzdomino said:

I haven't touched comics in years but started up again with this title because Domino and Cable are my two favorite characters. I've gathered that there's been a lot of history to contend with since they were last a couple, but I'm still holding out hope that they get back together. I can't imagine Domino tolerating Colossus and his dourness for very long. He reminds me of Eeyore. However, I did love the "I'm not your damsel in distress." line in the most recent issue.

She's there to make a better man out of Colossus. We've been promised he'll undergo character development by the end of his character arc.

#14 Posted by God_Spawn (37707 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Spaceball special ftw. And Colomino is turning out in the right direction.

#15 Edited by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah she should be with Cable, this is wierd

#16 Posted by Mk0fficial (5 posts) - - Show Bio

well for me kitty on the now! seem a bit of a slut, but yet it seems good how is now between dom and piotr, so it would be good giving it a time and see what happens

#17 Edited by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

well for me kitty on the now! seem a bit of a slut, but yet it seems good how is now between dom and piotr, so it would be good giving it a time and see what happens

If it's her hookup with Iceman, it was poorly done. I think it would be more believable if Kitty needed some space for a while after her breakup with Colossus.

#18 Posted by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk0fficial: I think you're way wrong on tagging Kitty with that word. She's certainly not a slut.

#19 Posted by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to apologize for this post for two reasons: Double posting and offending Kitty Pryde fans.

Anyone catch Battle of The Atom? Kitty aged pretty badly. Colossus dodge a bullet in my opinion.

-Zing!-

#20 Posted by M3th (2083 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Yeah but at least Bobby and Kitty are a match made in heaven.

-m3th.O.D.-

#21 Posted by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th said:

@rickbarry: Yeah but at least Bobby and Kitty are a match made in heaven.

-m3th.O.D.-

Ha! At least until Kitty decides she wants to grow up.

#22 Edited by M3th (2083 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Meth was actually referring to how Iceman looks in the future.

-m3th.O.D.-

#23 Posted by God_Spawn (37707 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: I can figure out how Bobby got so big. Bobby must have been hitting them roids to try and compensate for the night in the not too far future when Kitty ends up screaming "Oh, Piotr" during a night of shenanigans. This begins a snowball effect in which Bobby's self esteem begins to crumble and he just starts hitting trenbolone, dianabol, and mutant growth hormone as hard as he can.

#24 Posted by lifeofvibe (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I can only assume it's something quite similar to what you've stated. We all know Piotr made her phase through the floor not too long ago and Bobby isn't man enough to replicate such a non-battle feat. It doesn't explain the brain damage though...perhaps she finally nagged a man into complete and total submission?

@m3th I bow to your superior intellect. The joke was clearly over my head. Although, having you clue me in now, it was pretty good!

#26 Posted by God_Spawn (37707 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Btw, you see that huge kill shot he did and slowed the fall of that huge monster in the latest issue?

#27 Posted by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Btw, you see that huge kill shot he did and slowed the fall of that huge monster in the latest issue?

I surely did. Here's hoping he doesn't get two shotted by Thor in the next issue.

#28 Edited by God_Spawn (37707 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: I hope Larroca keeps doing the art. Those other panels in the issue were hideous.

#29 Posted by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: I hope Larroca keeps doing the art. Those other panels in the issue were hideous.

I saw a recent article on the series. Aside form an upcoming cross over with Uncanny X-force it was announced the next issue was Larocca's last. No news on who is replacing him. Hopefully not the guy from issue 13. Too silly.

#30 Posted by God_Spawn (37707 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Say it isn't so!! I'll miss his artwork on the series. Like I said, the other artist was crap. Way too cartoonish.

#31 Edited by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Say it isn't so!! I'll miss his artwork on the series. Like I said, the other artist was crap. Way too cartoonish.

Yep. It stinks as he's one of the more reliable guys in the business. I think he's going over to Uncanny Avengers for a bit, but don't quote me on that. Perhaps they'll back into a pretty solid replacement? I'd like to see Choi personally...although I think he's doing stuff for DC these days.

#32 Posted by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

Such a double post, but I figured I'd share. Who doesn't like Colossus with facial hair?

#33 Posted by numi (196 posts) - - Show Bio

I see mention of how Neena is good for Piotr but has anyone noted that the opposite is also true? Domino has an issue with commitment and letting anyone get really close to her. It's understandable given all death that she's usually surrounded by but I see Pete as an "all-in" kind of guy. While she pulls him out of his mopeyness, he in turn leads her into... I don't know how to say this. Stability? Commitment~ish Like in issue 12 where he he says "When you're done making excuses". Or is this just me?

Also, anyone else following Hopeless on Twitter? He answers just about everything when he's on... @hopelessdent

#34 Posted by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

@numi said:

I see mention of how Neena is good for Piotr but has anyone noted that the opposite is also true? Domino has an issue with commitment and letting anyone get really close to her. It's understandable given all death that she's usually surrounded by but I see Pete as an "all-in" kind of guy. While she pulls him out of his mopeyness, he in turn leads her into... I don't know how to say this. Stability? Commitment~ish Like in issue 12 where he he says "When you're done making excuses". Or is this just me?

Also, anyone else following Hopeless on Twitter? He answers just about everything when he's on... @hopelessdent

I tend to avoid twitter for the most part. Any real question you want to ask the people they simply can't answer.

#35 Posted by numi (196 posts) - - Show Bio

#

Revisiting this topic. @rickbarry What do you think now?

Now that the series has been going a bit I'm actually fully onboard with the Domino/Colossus pair and then find out that the book is going away.. oh ffs Marvel!!

Suddenly the progression of Pete is making a whole lot more sense to me and the banter between the two is really working and now they're going to kill it? If they send the two to different books, does their relationship still continue? Has any pairs relationship worked when they were not on the same book? Or maybe they head off into a little time off together. Yeah, I could get behind that. Or is Marvel going to throw Pete and Kitty back together? I just don't know, I mean they used to be my OTP and now... now I just don't know.

#36 Posted by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

@numi said:

#

Revisiting this topic. @rickbarry What do you think now?

Now that the series has been going a bit I'm actually fully onboard with the Domino/Colossus pair and then find out that the book is going away.. oh ffs Marvel!!

Suddenly the progression of Pete is making a whole lot more sense to me and the banter between the two is really working and now they're going to kill it? If they send the two to different books, does their relationship still continue? Has any pairs relationship worked when they were not on the same book? Or maybe they head off into a little time off together. Yeah, I could get behind that. Or is Marvel going to throw Pete and Kitty back together? I just don't know, I mean they used to be my OTP and now... now I just don't know.

I saw this last night after I got home from work. To say that I was annoyed by yet another cancellation/reboot/roster shakeup would be an understatement. It surely stinks from a development standpoint as they're going to be split up. Apparently there are rumblings that Colossus is going back to a Bendis title and I'd be shocked if Domino actually went onto that same title. She's not a big enough name to appeal to most writers. As far as things go with Kitty? I would say 'No' as she's on a team now that killed Xavier and has her sister on it. He's pretty much on record saying that he'd kill both of them if he saw them again, but then again this is Bendis. If Kitty is cool with Cyke murderballing Xavier I'm sure Pete would be as well.

-Shrugs.-

The whole thing stinks and I don't like it! Cable & X-force was pretty much my last comic standing. Now it goes poof in a couple months.

#37 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: About Magik, maybe Colossus took the time to think things through with what she did to him and probably found a silver lining from the situation during his time with Cable's X-force. I mean, he can't be angry with her forever. It wasn't right what she did to him but she thinks it's the best solution if it'll get him to stop seeing her as his precious " little snowflake". I can imagine it's painful for her to put up with knowing that she can never return to be his idealized little sister.

About Hopeless cancellation, you better hope that Hopeless has another unannounced project with Colossus and Domino in it. Colossus' character seems to be progressing thanks to Domino.

#38 Posted by God_Spawn (37707 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where did it say this book was getting cancelled?

#39 Posted by dondave (36503 posts) - - Show Bio

Both X-Force books are going to end after a crossover.

#40 Edited by Rickbarry (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

@244:

The guy who writes Legacy is going to take over after the upcoming event. Cable looks like Solid Snake. I can't say I'm all that happy about it as the Cable & X-force book was one of my personal favorites. It was fun, but it never really went over the top silly. Apparently ol' Petey is going to run wild with Bendis afterward and that freaks me out. Although it would be amusing if he ended up with Cyclops, Kitty and Illyana. He'd have to hang out with Emma.

#41 Posted by numi (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@244 said:

@rickbarry: About Magik, maybe Colossus took the time to think things through with what she did to him and probably found a silver lining from the situation during his time with Cable's X-force. I mean, he can't be angry with her forever. It wasn't right what she did to him but she thinks it's the best solution if it'll get him to stop seeing her as his precious " little snowflake". I can imagine it's painful for her to put up with knowing that she can never return to be his idealized little sister.

About Hopeless cancellation, you better hope that Hopeless has another unannounced project with Colossus and Domino in it. Colossus' character seems to be progressing thanks to Domino.

This was my favorite part about the whole thing.