inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

With only the first issue out, which hit stores on March 18, Mark Millar (KICK-ASS) and Sean Murphy's (PUNK ROCK JESUS) CHRONONAUTS, by Iage Comics, has been optioned by Universal this week. Originally reported by Variety, Chris Morgan will produce the film under the Chris Morgan Production banner.

The book follows Corbin Quinn and Danny Reilly who are scientific geniuses whose research leads them on a time-travelling adventure. This is the story of man's first televised step into the time-stream.

Both Millar and Murphy will be executive producers on the film and Universal's director of development, Jay Polidoro will oversee the project for the studio along with Ainsley Davies.

What do you think about this pick up? Sound like a good idea? If you read the book, let us know what you think about it and if it will make a good movie!

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

That's awesome! Even though only one issue is out, I feel like this would make a great film. Millar is always at the helm of great stuff

Delian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Delian

So curious about this book.

Sci-fy rocks! Hope both the comic and movie are good.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang that was fast

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Aren't there numerous books being "optioned" for a movie or television? Daymen, Letter 44, The Bunker etc. How many actually make it to the screen? Sweet deal for the creators, they get some cash even if it falls through, but kinda sucks for fans who get excited for nothing.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the first issue of the comic was excellent.

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@batman404: you make good points, as far as Mark Millar's track record goes in his stories becoming released movies he's only failed once, and thats with Nemesis. And i think thats only due to the fact that the titke was optioned for film even before Wanted.

But now everyone is familiar with his work after the relative success of movies like Wanted, Kickass, Kickass 2, and Kingsmen, Millar will most likely see Starlight and Chrononauts turned into films easily.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

When I grow up I wanna be like Mark Millar

CrashBang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the most part, I really super despise Millar (mostly thanks to Kick-Ass 2 and Superior), but this comic does sound excellent.

OT: How?! How does he manage to get a film deal out of every one of his comics? This is becoming like an increasingly-absurd sketch routine.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By SaintWildcard

@crashbang said:

For the most part, I really super despise Millar (mostly thanks to Kick-Ass 2 and Superior), but this comic does sound excellent.

OT: How?! How does he manage to get a film deal out of every one of his comics? This is becoming like an increasingly-absurd sketch routine.

Well, he's already proven himself 3 times. And Hollywood doesn't like to gamble a lot, so when someones already proven themselves they will give them a shot a lot easier.

He's the dude who got me into comics. A hero of mine in a way for his work, but I'm super jealous of him >-< I hope to one day be like him and get movies made out of comics I write

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

After one issue?! Must read this...

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crashbang: I was in the same boat as you until all of his image millar verse stuff, it's all so much better than kickass. Even if you have written him off I would try some of these books, MPH, Starlight and Jupiters Legacy all all solid comics.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@crashbang said:

Well, he's already proven himself 3 times. And Hollywood doesn't like to gamble a lot, so when someones already proven themselves they will give them a shot a lot easier.

He's the dude who got me into comics. A hero of mine in a way for his work, but I'm super jealous of him >-< I hope to one day be like him and get movies made out of comics I write

And he's BFF with Matthew Vaughn the Movie Producer/Director.....

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I was gonna drop this series, but what the heck, I'll stick with it.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I knew this would happen

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego "Both Miller and Murphy will be executive producers on the film and Universal's director of development, Jay Polidoro will oversee the project for the studio along with Ainsley Davies."

Frank Miller? Sin City 2 sucked ;) haha

Now not being a troll, Millar makes his artists millionaires..

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think all his new stuff for millarverse has been excellent statlight, mph and this

OUTBREAK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the first issue was way better then I expected, this could be a cool movie. And kings men was awesome. "When your done Savin the world you can f*ck in the arse", or something along those lines. Great line hahaha

Supersmoothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess we will never again get an original Film

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers