Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Cover to AMAZING X-MEN #15
Cover to AMAZING X-MEN #15

Announced at New York Comic Con on Saturday, writer Christopher Yost let he world know that the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak will be reappearing on Earth in AMAZING X-MEN #15. With that comes the Juggernaut, a classic X-Men villain, who was originally Cain Marko. Yost talked to us about this upcoming story line and what we can expect.

COMIC VINE: What's so appealing about Juggernaut as a character and concept?

CHRISTOPHER YOST: The Juggernaut is a classic X-Men villain, he’s been around since the beginning and it’s fun to be able to play with those kinds of characters. But Juggernaut’s always been great because he is, with a few exceptions, unstoppable. The X-Men have to work harder and be smarter in order to stop him.

He’s so closely connected with the X-Men, too. Xavier’s step-brother, former enemy, then former member of the team… and of course he lost his power to an X-Man… Colossus. And with Charles’ recent death, there’s a lot there to explore.

But of course, Cain Marko isn’t currently the Juggernaut.

CV: We haven't seen Cain Marko pretty much since Fear Itself. What's he been up to?

YOST: Gardening. Cain Marko has found peace. He’s out of the game… heroes, villains, he’s done. Until the Gem of Cyttorak re-appears on Earth. Like in the Godfather, he keeps getting pulled back in.

CV: Will we see how he's dealing with Charles Xavier's death?

YOST: Most certainly. Even though he and Charles were often at odds, his death will get a reaction from Cain, one way or the other.

CV: Cain and Black Tom have had a bit of a past. Can we expect to see Black Tom and Cain working together again?

YOST: Not this one. No Black Tom to influence/manipulate Cain, this story is all Cain. The actions he takes, the choices he makes, they’re all his this time.

CV: Is this story line going to shed more light on the Gem of Cyttorak, which still has a bit of mystery around it?

YOST: It’ll be pretty much as mysterious as it always is. But it has re-appeared on Earth. Cyttorak WANTS an Avatar, despite it often not working out. So the call goes out, and more people than Cain Marko answer that call.

CV: Aside from Cain and Colossus, who are the key players in this story?

YOST: It really is a Colossus story as much as it is a Juggernaut story. Peter Rasputin has been through a LOT in the last few years, and most of it bad. Between the power of the Juggernaut, the Phoenix Force, X-Force… he’s had a rough time of it, and there are some unresolved issues between him and the X-Men, notably STORM. There’s trust issues, and they’re going to come to the surface in this arc.

CV: Fun question: Is there any way you would ever bring J2 over to the 616 universe and would he still have a flannel tied around his waist?

YOST: No. But if I did, he’d have the flannel. And I’d simultaneously bring over Hipster Juggernaut from the 25825H universe and have them fight.

Make sure to check out AMAZING X-MEN #15 when it hits your local comic shop in January, 2015.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

This sounds like it will be a cool super strong brick showdown.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nice

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I don't even know what's going on in the X-Universe anymore. Jubilee is a vampire, Wolverine is dying, the 5 original X-Men are younger, Cyclops has the Phoenix Force. It's too much.

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@johnny_blaze said:

I don't even know what's going on in the X-Universe anymore. Jubilee is a vampire, Wolverine is dying, the 5 original X-Men are younger, Cyclops has the Phoenix Force. It's too much.

Good point.

I am interested to see where this is going. Good time for character development for Cain.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xblah_blahx

@johnny_blaze: I'm with you. It just seems like the whole X verse is so convoluted now a days. It's hard to keep up with what's going on.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@dark_guyver: But to be fair, I haven't read an X-Men book since Ultimate X-Men & Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. Those ended a looooong time ago, so yeah that's why I'm pretty lost now lol. I posted in the X-Men thread so hopefully someone helps me out.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dondave
kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

More than awesome. I really like Juggernaut and loved when he was on The X-Men. It was one of the…more positive things of Austens run.

Not completely correct. Jubilee's vampirism is compensation for her losing her powers during M-Day. Wolverine is dead, yes. The O5 aren't younger, their past selves were brought to the present to remind Scott who he used to be, but they ended up agreeing with Scott and joining his team. Cyclops had the Phoenix Force two years ago during the Avengers Vs X-Men event but has since lost it. Hope that helps.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finally

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mickeymayhew

the X-titles need a cull; too many, and of too poor quality

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I guess I will start reading Amazing X-Men again.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Interesting, I was wondering what happened to Cain after his demotion since the big guy just seemed to vanish. Ah and yeah, I suppose he has a few words to say and a few fists to throw at Cyclops.

Though I have to say, I do wonder why/if Colossus gets pulled to the Gem, since he had a miserable time as the Juggernaut.

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By illmatic4177

If you want a classic X-Book, and the least confusing lol, Amazing X-Men is the one. I love this book.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

didnt they do this in avengers back in the early 2000? same story different cast it seems

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vendel

YOST: Not this one. No Black Tom to influence/manipulate Cain, this story is all Cain. The actions he takes, the choices he makes, they’re all his this time.

.....What?

Can we get a writer who has a basic understanding of The Juggernaut please? This sounds like Chuck Austin level nonsense.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Juggernaut is one of my top 5 Favorite Marvel Characters. Im excited and hope I like what they actually produce.

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Might have to pick up Amazing X-Men again. Love a Colossus-centric story and really interested to catch up with the original Juggernaut.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: I'm with you. It just seems like the whole X verse is so convoluted now a days. It's hard to keep up with what's going on.

comics in general are like that for me, its even worse when something big happens in a mini series of another character "tied" to the event but not part of the main story

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i'm going have to check this out !

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Finally, HE'S BACK!!!

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know who is doing the art for this arc?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Juggy is back!