Supergirl parody?

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 65

#1  Edited By AssertingValor

IS Warbird (Ms Marvel) suposed to be Marvel's version of supergirl or something?

Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hell no

Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

caption
caption
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AtPhantom

She may have started out like spinoff of a male superhero, but I don't see any similarities between them..

NeoAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By NeoAndroid

I agree on the fact she may have started out as a spin-off of a male super hero. But she has evolved past that to the fact there alot of people see her in her own light and dont compare her to them. Buti like AtPhantom "I don't see any similarities between them.." is agreeable in my opioin.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#6  Edited By AssertingValor

I think Binary was a different character for sure.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hadrelius

Ms Marvel is Marvel comic's Wonder Woman. Being that they are trying to make her into the premeir female character of marvel.

Hawkingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Hawkingbird

I don't think Marvel has a premier female character anymore then they have a premier male character. I believe Marvel's having her lead the Mighty Avengers because it makes sense, and her solo series kicks ass and sells quite nicely, so there's no reason for her not to have one.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Constantine

don't think so

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Ms.Marvel is nothing like Supergirl.

Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kid Crow

MS. MARVEL
MS. MARVEL
Ms. Marvel is her own unique character.  There are no simularities between her any other Superheroine personality-wise.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By MrDirector786

No. I'm pretty sure she isn't.

sky-pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sky-pirate

The only similarities, are the fact that both women are blond (which isn't isn't exactly a distinguishing feature, among female heroes) and that Carol's last name is "Danvers" (a name used by the original Supergirl, after she was adopted by the pre-crisis Danvers family (before that, she was Linda Lee). And the 90's Supergirl). Carol wasn't even a heroine (nor empowered), until almost a decade after her introduction. So, no. Carol's not Marvel's Supergirl (as she was originally neither a hero, nor villain).
MaidenMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MaidenMarvel

No way on Earth! Ms.Marvel and Supergirl are two entirely different characters!

Sammkolai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sammkolai

She is more like the female version of batman only with powers IMO.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By PowerHerc

Marketing-wise I think Marvel has, since Ms. Marvel's inception, always desired for Ms. Marvel to become their preeminent superheroine in much the same way Wonder Woman is DC's.  Personally, with her powers, looks, feminist views and tough-girl 'tude, I've always thought Ms. Marvel most closely resembled Power Girl - not Supergirl.
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ARMIV

Absolutely not.  

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Gambit1024

I guess at first she was Captain Mar-Vell's Supergirl type character, but she's evolved way passed that. I'd define her as the woman icon of Marvel. 

tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tim2081
@PowerHerc said:
Marketing-wise I think Marvel has, since Ms. Marvel's inception, always desired for Ms. Marvel to become their preeminent superheroine in much the same way Wonder Woman is DC's.  Personally, with her powers, looks, feminist views and tough-girl 'tude, I've always thought Ms. Marvel most closely resembled Power Girl - not Supergirl.
They kind of put her in the dumps though after Rogue stole her powers. And for a while they were pushing her to become their leading female hero, but they've slowed down with that recently.
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#20  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Gambit1024 said:
I guess at first she was Captain Mar-Vell's Supergirl type character, but she's evolved way passed that. I'd define her as the woman icon of Marvel. 
To be honest, she's come such a long way as a character that it wouldn't be to hard to just retcon Capt. Marvel out of her origin (which by the way I think is in need of a good modern day retelling). I mean most people bring up the fact that "she's a female Captain Mar-Vell" but like everyone has stated in this thread, Carol has grown far pass anything to him and has become her own character, and she has become one of Marvel's top superheroine's.
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#21  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

ms.marvel is a woman in charge

supergirl still has a long way to go before she's on ms.marvel's level in terms of maturity

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Gambit1024
@War Killer said:
@Gambit1024 said:
To be honest, she's come such a long way as a character that it wouldn't be to hard to just retcon Capt. Marvel out of her origin (which by the way I think is in need of a good modern day retelling). I mean most people bring up the fact that "she's a female Captain Mar-Vell" but like everyone has stated in this thread, Carol has grown far pass anything to him and has become her own character, and she has become one of Marvel's top superheroine's.
They can absolutely retcon that out, but I don't think that's necessary. That story definitely has to be retold though... I'd read it, anyway. 
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By PowerHerc
@tim2081 said:

@PowerHerc said:

They kind of put her in the dumps though after Rogue stole her powers. And for a while they were pushing her to become their leading female hero, but they've slowed down with that recently.

Yes, Marvel did push her off to the side for quite some time before they realized what they had and restored her to her true 'Ms. Marvel' persona, getting away from all the Binary, Warbird or even plain-old-Carol b.s. 

If you don't think Marvel is still promoting her as their number one heroine, which character do you think they are promoting (if any)?

tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tim2081
@PowerHerc: Currently she's only on the New Avengers, and she's not even the leader. She could be (and probably should be) because Luke Cage is already leader of the Thunderbolts. Ms. Marvel also doesn't have a starring role in any other popular media. Emma Frost is being pushed a bit more because she makes an appearance in just about all of the X-books, and has had major roles in both of the newest X-Men TV shows. She also has a big role X-Men First Class.

Emma isn't really the hero type though, so they should be pushing Ms. Marvel instead.
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#25  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@tim2081 said:
@PowerHerc: Currently she's only on the New Avengers, and she's not even the leader. She could be (and probably should be) because Luke Cage is already leader of the Thunderbolts. Ms. Marvel also doesn't have a starring role in any other popular media. Emma Frost is being pushed a bit more because she makes an appearance in just about all of the X-books, and has had major roles in both of the newest X-Men TV shows. She also has a big role X-Men First Class.

Emma isn't really the hero type though, so they should be pushing Ms. Marvel instead.

she is being bumped to te main team in Avengers 13  same  Photon will be as well judging by a cover to issue 14
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By karrob
@Kid Crow said:

MS. MARVEL
MS. MARVEL
Ms. Marvel is her own unique character.  There are no simularities between her any other Superheroine personality-wise.
agreed!
sweatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

gravitational pull being much stronger than Earth's (original idea for Superman's powers). The Kree buried citadels in the North Pole that Ronan used later. Mar-Vell is an alien who decided to side with Earth (and has a young male friend he bonds with over wrist-worn appendages) Clark was an alien who naturalized himself to our side as well, and gave Jimmy a special wrist watch. Both Clark and Marvel have their symbols on the chest, although tha's kind of common among superheroes/villains, and both distaff counterparts share the chest symbol of their peers. They both have the last name "Danvers" (although Matrix and Linda came later, '88 and '96, so if anyone copied that it was SG) Kara wore a red bandana, Carol wore it over her hips. Kara, Carol. Even in appearance, they're similar, although one could argue blonde superheroes are common. Remember, Janet Pym and Wanda were in the Avengers before Marvel, and they were not blonde. Neither was Black Widow. This thread is 6 years old and im totally getting scolded. But the truth must be told (i would say TRIBUTE character rather than "parody")