k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Carol Danvers, the current Captain Marvel, is getting her very own movie! This is pretty big news since this will be the first female superhero to have a solo movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The announcement was made today as Marvel Studios unleashed its Phase Three plans.

No Caption Provided

Carol, a powerful heroine and member of the Avengers, is currently winning over readers in Kelly Sue DeConnick and David Lopez's widely praised volume of CAPTAIN MARVEL. There's no word yet on who Marvel Studios wants to cast as Carol Danvers (rumors have pointed to Katee Sackhoff, but again, those are rumors), but seeing as Phase Three will have a lot of cosmic elements (e.g. GotG 2, Infinity War, Inhumans), it seems pretty safe to assume she's going to play a decent role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe's future. We'll be sure to keep you updated as more information is released about this movie. If you want to learn more about Carol Danvers, click here to read her Comic Vine page and we suggest checking out the current volume.

Captain Marvel is scheduled to open July 6, 2018.

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

I am most excited for Captain Marvel.. and I am super glad they are going with CAPTAIN !!

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Wonder how they'll handle her. Can't wait to find out.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think it goes without saying this is it for me, not sure what to do now other then throw in a quick beg and think about what I need to do next.

Marvel, if your reading this please call her Ms. Marvel, that's all I ask.

Other then that I'm not sure what I should do now, I'm not even sure if I'm still going to be reading comics to be honest.

Despite that I hope everyone else enjoys this.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

This is almost as cool as GotG 2 (Rocket > all). Carol is Marvel's First Lady and that needs to be shown in all its glory. I am really stoked for this.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So excites for Carol Danvers!

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never cared about Carol much so I don't care but i'm happy for her fans.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Nice marvel..nice

DarthStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By DarthStorm
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
No Caption Provided

(My idea by the way is that the Kree armor is like a super duper advanced version of Stark's Iron Man armor, that are similar to cybernetic implants that give the soldiers flight, energy blasts, strength, and speed, and such. If you want to know more I can tell you )

His costume, and her costume will be designed to fit in the Marvel movie universe just like everyone's but I am sure it will still be awesome.

I also had an idea how they could handle her not having powers through most of the film. Like Thor, start the movie with her being Captain Marvel facing a threat like a giant attacking Kree Sentinel. Then flashback to days earlier and how it all started. She is a SWORD agent (a off shoot of SHIELD created to fight aliens because of what happened in New York) and she meets Mar-Vell and teams up to stop Yon-Rogg and some rogue Krees and their ultimate weapon, a Kree Sentinel. And then around the same time in the movie that Thor gets his powers back she Mar-Vell sacrifices himself giving her his powers/armor and she stops the Sentinel as Captain Marvel.

Just like Thor she wouldn't have powers most of the fiolm, but if you start it with her having powers and then end it with her having powers, and the whole time she has no powers she is teamed up with a guy who has the powers she eventually gets, then its all good. it would also help her establish that she isn't just her powers but a trained SHIELD agent.

(I love how all the SHIELD agents in the movies and shows are outstanding and well prepared and trained. Non are Star Trek Red Shirt bad guy fodder.) While un-powered we would see her use her human abilities and cunning to fight the aliens and then become Captain Marvel.

So Terminator 1 + Thor 1 = Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers movie.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By movieartman

For a Younger Carol Danvers Natalie Dormer

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

For a Older one,Katee Sackhoff

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Just like Thor she wouldn't have powers most of the fiolm, but if you start it with her having powers and then end it with her having powers, and the whole time she has no powers she is teamed up with a guy who has the powers she eventually gets, then its all good. it would also help her establish that she isn't just her powers but a trained SHIELD agent.

i like the armor alot

but no... HELL NO to her being depowered for most of the movie

Loading Video...

we do NOT come to see super hero films without the super in them, screw that

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

(My idea by the way is that the Kree armor is like a super duper advanced version of Stark's Iron Man armor, that are similar to cybernetic implants that give the soldiers flight, energy blasts, strength, and speed, and such. If you want to know more I can tell you )

His costume, and her costume will be designed to fit in the Marvel movie universe just like everyone's but I am sure it will still be awesome.

I also had an idea how they could handle her not having powers through most of the film. Like Thor, start the movie with her being Captain Marvel facing a threat like a giant attacking Kree Sentinel. Then flashback to days earlier and how it all started. She is a SWORD agent (a off shoot of SHIELD created to fight aliens because of what happened in New York) and she meets Mar-Vell and teams up to stop Yon-Rogg and some rogue Krees and their ultimate weapon, a Kree Sentinel. And then around the same time in the movie that Thor gets his powers back she Mar-Vell sacrifices himself giving her his powers/armor and she stops the Sentinel as Captain Marvel.

(I love how all the SHIELD agents in the movies and shows are outstanding and well prepared and trained. Non are Star Trek Red Shirt bad guy fodder.) While un-powered we would see her use her human abilities and cunning to fight the aliens and then become Captain Marvel.

So Terminator 1 + Thor 1 = Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers movie.

Whoa!! That would be very interesting. Are you saying that the armor should be hidden within there bodies, or that it should be sort of grafted on? BTW did you draw this yourself?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#15  Edited By Teerack

@movieartman said:

@artisticneedham said:
No Caption Provided

i like the armor alot

Loading Video...

She'll probably get her powers in GotG2 or the militarily will end up getting something in the end of GotG 2 so that Carol could work at the place that is studying it so she could get powers in the beginning in some kind of accident.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who'll the villain be?

Beata

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

@fenderxx said:

I am most excited for Captain Marvel.. and I am super glad they are going with CAPTAIN !!

Can't wait to see who plays her!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@meatwadf said:

@movieartman said:

The first Thor was that, as was a large portion of IM3.

And both Thor and Iron man 3 sucked.

EvilPenguin543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Finally!

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey doesn't DC have captain marvel?

fsfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By fsfaith

Tis a good day for Carol Corps.

mje360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Finally. Major Danvers is reporting for duty!

fsfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fenderxx said:

Can't wait to see who plays her!

Rumor mill seems to think it's Eden Sher.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Mixed feelings. Glad she's getting some attention, but unimpressed that's it's taken so long to make any female films. I'm not going to applaud Marvel for taking so long, and I don't necessarily trust them to make it work.

I'll remain hopeful, that this film will be good, and that her comic readership will expand.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Straight up dream come true

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't control my feels!

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, I'll pass. I'd be content with just about any other Captain Marvel. Carol is the only Marvel I've never liked, nor cared for. I knew this would happen, yet I'm still disappointed.

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excited about the movie, not so much about the title. Carol deserves her own name...

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Meh, I'll pass. I'd be content with just about any other Captain Marvel. Carol is the only Marvel I've never liked, nor cared for. I knew this would happen, yet I'm still disappointed.

Mar-Vell FTW....?

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: Good man.

Noh-Varr and Monica are just about tied for me; I couldn't choose, so I flipped a coin and put Monica ahead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: Eh, Monica is just kind of meh to me. Only time I remember really caring about her was Nextwave.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am glad Carol is coming to the big screen and also excited to see who plays her...

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is only one actress who could pull her off: Katee Sackhoff.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Dream. Come. True... Oh, and Katee Sackhoff please! Marvel usually gets all their casting just right, so why stop here? :p

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icon said:

Dream. Come. True... Oh, and Katee Sackhoff please! Marvel usually gets all their casting just right, so why stop here? :p

My thoughts exactly. Marvel needs more powered individuals for the CU and I can't think of anyone better than Carol. Hopefully they go with a take on her new costume, rather than her old Ms. Marvel one. Also, Sackhoff would be perfect for the role and needs to be confirmed ASAP!

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO I would have preferred the original Captain Marvel, Mar-Vell.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41  Edited By Captain13

Margot Robbie for Carol Danvers
Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@icon said:

My thoughts exactly. Marvel needs more powered individuals for the CU and I can't think of anyone better than Carol. Hopefully they go with a take on her new costume, rather than her old Ms. Marvel one. Also, Sackhoff would be perfect for the role and needs to be confirmed ASAP!

Exactly, Carol has earned this.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so happy. So sick of Black Widow fans thinking she's the only badass female.

Make way for a true badass.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Thor-Parker

I am very excited about this film.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i agree.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

maybe this is how we will finally see Super Skrull brought to the big screen.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelurker: In my idea the armor morphs to fit their body so that a man's armor would fit a random strange woman of a different proportion But the armor doesn't have the be the source of the power. Just an idea. And Not exactly did I draw it. I traced over other drawings with my ideas to get them on paper fast. I will modify my idea better soon with my own art.

@movieartman: The only reason I say this is because her origin includes Mar-Vell and some people had stated to me that they would hate him being cut out completely. But rather than have one film about him and then one about her or just one about her and forget him I tried to include both. That is also why I thought that they could show her as Captain Marvel in the beginning, then show her still being heroic and awesome without the powers, and then get the powers and become Captain Marvel.

JSAVen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JSAVen
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided