#1 Posted by KasadyCarnage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Better not say Jim Carrey! He would make a mockery of Carnage!

#2 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

wow you sure do love some carnage huh? lol.

hmm.....seth green? lol... j/k.

#3 Posted by bob agent of agency x (207 posts) - - Show Bio
Venom, Carnage will be the Villain in Venom.
The guy who played Rorschach would do a good job
#4 Posted by Lyrad (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@bob agent of agency x said:
"Venom, Carnage will be the Villain in Venom.

The guy who played Rorschach would do a good job "

As soon as I read the title of this thread, the guy that played Rorschach came to mind!   Not only does he look the part for Cletus Kassidy, he also did a good job of acting like a psycho. 

Thing is though, in my head when I read anything with Cletus Kassidy, he always has a high pitched voice (does anyone else get that?)
#5 Posted by KasadyCarnage (319 posts) - - Show Bio
@bob agent of agency x:
Hmm, I actually agree with you
#6 Posted by KasadyCarnage (319 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lyrad said:
"@bob agent of agency x said:
"Venom, Carnage will be the Villain in Venom.

As soon as I read the title of this thread, the guy that played Rorschach came to mind!   Not only does he look the part for Cletus Kassidy, he also did a good job of acting like a psycho.  Thing is though, in my head when I read anything with Cletus Kassidy, he always has a high pitched voice (does anyone else get that?) "

I always pictured him with a neutral voice. Like a teenager.
#7 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Nic Cage. He does a good crazy and he'll be in anything to do with comics.

#8 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7841 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham said:

" How about Nic Cage. He does a good crazy and he'll be in anything to do with comics. "

Have you even seen Ghost Rider?

I'd always thought Woody Harrelson would make a damn good Cletus Kasady
#9 Posted by Breaker envoy of Setron (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Carrey best for the role

#10 Posted by SuperXAsh (510 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno if Carnage would be a great idea or not for a movie... because to do it right would take the movie series into a very dark area. He's a freakin' serial killer with one of the most dangerous weapons in the Marvel Universe, to make him an honest to god serious threat would require something above a pg-13 rating. I mean, if you don't want him to wind up like Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Bane or Mr. Freeze ala the Schumacher Batman movies. Now if he's brought into the proposed Venom spin-off, who knows how that one will be handled??

Unless they decide to go the "Ultimate Universe" route...
#11 Posted by Storm Rider (166 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonce! 

Or Robert Knepper. 

You know, either one.
#12 Posted by chaos-soul (1435 posts) - - Show Bio
@KasadyCarnage said:
" Better not say Jim Carrey! He would make a mockery of Carnage! "
did u see the number 23. 

tho i agree no jim carrey
#13 Posted by goosehorn (784 posts) - - Show Bio

id say jim carrey would be best to play the role as carnage his wackyness fits that character

#14 Posted by chaos-soul (1435 posts) - - Show Bio
@SuperXAsh said:
" I dunno if Carnage would be a great idea or not for a movie... because to do it right would take the movie series into a very dark area. He's a freakin' serial killer with one of the most dangerous weapons in the Marvel Universe, to make him an honest to god serious threat would require something above a pg-13 rating. I mean, if you don't want him to wind up like Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Bane or Mr. Freeze ala the Schumacher Batman movies. Now if he's brought into the proposed Venom spin-off, who knows how that one will be handled?? Unless they decide to go the "Ultimate Universe" route... "
sin city is rated r that can do that for venoms movie
#15 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by KasadyCarnage (319 posts) - - Show Bio
@SuperXAsh said:
"I dunno if Carnage would be a great idea or not for a movie... because to do it right would take the movie series into a very dark area. He's a freakin' serial killer with one of the most dangerous weapons in the Marvel Universe, to make him an honest to god serious threat would require something above a pg-13 rating. I mean, if you don't want him to wind up like Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Bane or Mr. Freeze ala the Schumacher Batman movies. Now if he's brought into the proposed Venom spin-off, who knows how that one will be handled?? Unless they decide to go the "Ultimate Universe" route... "

You mean like what they did to Venom? I hate these PG-13 films. They need to get to the awesome violence of things. Carnage was talked about by Sam Rami though, during the Venom movie spin-off interview. So he might make it in there, and make the Spider-Man movie darker. It would be an interesting take on the Spider-Man franchise.
#17 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay said:
" @Jotham said:

" How about Nic Cage. He does a good crazy and he'll be in anything to do with comics. "

Have you even seen Ghost Rider?  I'd always thought Woody Harrelson would make a damn good Cletus Kasady "
I said crazy, not heroic.

Voila:

Tell me that's not the face of Carnage.
#18 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

#19 Posted by SuperXAsh (510 posts) - - Show Bio
@KasadyCarnage:
But Hollywood seems to be hesitant about making Rated R films nowadays.

Would it be a good idea??? Possibly, if in the right hands. 

But would Hollywood want to make it??? That's the other question.
#20 Posted by SuperXAsh (510 posts) - - Show Bio
@chaos-soul:
Yeah... but Sin City isn't owned by Marvel... and was a completely different creature than what you find in the Spider-Man movies. Completely different mindset and approach. Plus Sin City isn't about superheroes, but an uber-noir world crafted by Frank Miller, possibly before he went off his medication. :P 

Now who knows what they're gonna do for the Venom movie, but I seriously doubt it's gonna be R rated. Would probably fit the subject matter, specially if they bring in someone like Carnage, but I seriously doubt they'll do it.
#21 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6204 posts) - - Show Bio

Though I doubt Carnage will appear in SM4 at all and will more likely appear in the Venom movie, either way I think based on his role in American Psycho Christian Bale is the best choice
#22 Posted by Dredd Judge (44 posts) - - Show Bio

What about that dude who played Shaggy from the live action Scooby Doo movies?  I know he can play a psycho because he was in Scream.
#23 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6204 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dredd Judge said:
"What about that dude who played Shaggy from the live action Scooby Doo movies?  I know he can play a psycho because he was in Scream. "

Matthew Lillard? Ummm..... No. Not to say he's the worst choice but, he was kinda an annoying psycho in Scream, and he was only revealed to be one of the killers at the end, I found that to be his least believable acting in the movie as well, though I do think someone who plays Carnage should be able to play psychotic in a mildly comical way like Robert Englund did with Freddy. But again look for Carnage in Venom not SM4
#24 Posted by Dredd Judge (44 posts) - - Show Bio
@eganthevile1:
Okay point taken but thanks for the name I just could not for the life of me remember the dudes name.
#25 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6204 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Marsters (Spike from Buffy and Angel)  Brian Austin Green (Derek Reese Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles) might be good choices... off topic Summer Glau would be awesome as Shriek in Venom
#26 Posted by XxSpawnxX (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay lets stop the fail on this thread and say that  eganthevile1    is correct, not only can Brian Austin Green look like a psychopath, get em skinny enough and kind of a high pitched voice and you got Carange. Case closed.

#27 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Carrey would make Carnage actually tolerable
#28 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

jackie earl halely would be a great  carnage

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

If Jim Carey is Carnage..I'm not seeing it.

#30 Posted by KingLoki (390 posts) - - Show Bio
@bob agent of agency x said:
" Venom, Carnage will be the Villain in Venom.
This. He'd be awesome for the role.
#31 Posted by Gambit89 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Carrey best for the role    
Jim carrey has played a lot of crazy parts. cable guy, number 23,ridler in batman, an he is very good at acting like a guy who is about to blow an it shows in his movies like in ace ventura 1 an 2 as well in liar liar to so if you ask me he would be a very good pick cause he can be nuts an wackie as well  
#32 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit89 said:
" Jim Carrey best for the role    Jim carrey has played a lot of crazy parts. cable guy, number 23,ridler in batman, an he is very good at acting like a guy who is about to blow an it shows in his movies like in ace ventura 1 an 2 as well in liar liar to so if you ask me he would be a very good pick cause he can be nuts an wackie as well   "
I would say Jim Carrey as well.

Not Jackie Earl Haley though. He's too short, and I always thought Cletus was sort of tall.
#33 Posted by mightyrearranger (1635 posts) - - Show Bio

Zack Ward, aka: Scut Farcus himself. I'd rather a live action Cletus have a more charismatic look than the usually mentioned actors.

#34 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6503 posts) - - Show Bio

Crispin Glover. The man is CREEPY

#35 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

mark pellergrino from supernatural & dexter.

#36 Posted by Dabee (2394 posts) - - Show Bio

Steven Ogg would be an awesome actor for the role. (Trevor Phillips of GTA V fame) He's proven he's good at the crazy roles. (REALLY crazy)