#1 Posted by NicholasAgot (234 posts) - - Show Bio

in the Movie and the Comics, he really IS One of the weakest people. I think Thor should take his place.

#2 Posted by danhimself (22683 posts) - - Show Bio

strength has nothing to do with leadership ability

#3 Edited by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

He displays decent leadership skills. Thor's a bit too reckless and has other responsibilities with Asgard and what not. Strength has nothing to do with it.

#4 Edited by JonSmith (4007 posts) - - Show Bio

Leadership isn't about power. It's about leading. And Cap is the best of the Avengers at that: He's a soldier, he knows what it takes to win a war. He's also possessed of a keen mind, and knows the value of power. He inspires his allies, and never asks them to do something he wouldn't be prepared to do himself. And every single one of the Avengers knows that Cap would die for them if necessary.

They'd follow Cap into hell and back (pretty sure they have, actually. On multiple occasions) While Thor might be more powerful, and know more of strategy because of his long life, he doesn't inspire that same fierce loyalty in the Avengers as a leader.

#5 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

strength has nothing to do with leadership ability

Yeah, I think it's this.

He's not always the leader anyway though.

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (25009 posts) - - Show Bio

in the Movie and the Comics, he really IS One of the weakest people. I think Thor should take his place.

He's one of the best strategists in the Marvel Universe, power level doesn't really help in that area, for instance while Hulk is far more powerful than Cap he'd be an awful leader.

#7 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

What everyone said.

Also, the Avengers didn't start functioning as an effective fighting unit till Cap took leadership. Also, Cap led the Invaders before, so he has experience in this section.

#8 Posted by RyanCaskey (6 posts) - - Show Bio

smh.

#9 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Why r u people calling Cap weak? He could beat the shit out of u. He has also defeated the entire Avengers team without his shield. And gone toe to toe with Thor, Loki, and the Hulk. He is the leader b/c of his leadership skills, experience, and pure badassness.

#10 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

Why r u people calling Cap weak? He could beat the shit out of u. He has also defeated the entire Avengers team without his shield. And gone toe to toe with Thor, Loki, and the Hulk. He is the leader b/c of his leadership skills, experience, and pure badassness.

Can you prove this? That just sounds impossible.

#11 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap is the leader because he's almost universally respected by the other Avengers and he makes the best decisions tactically and morally.

#12 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainamerica119 said:

Never heard of that before. Are you referring to his first appearance? Because he didn't exactly defeat them...

#13 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@captainamerica119 said:

Never heard of that before. Are you referring to his first appearance? Because he didn't exactly defeat them...

If that's what's being referred to, then I don't think that counts, as he pretty much just knocked Hank Pym over.

#14 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@captainamerica119 said:

If that's what's being referred to, then I don't think that counts, as he pretty much just knocked Hank Pym over.

If we're going by Avengers #4, he knocked over IM, Thor, and Hank, then later toppled Hank, but he hardly 'defeated them'.

#15 Posted by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

He displays decent leadership skills. Thor's a bit too reckless and has other responsibilities with Asgard and what not. Strength has nothing to do with it.

Cap is the leader because he's almost universally respected by the other Avengers and he makes the best decisions tactically and morally.

@nicholasagot said:

He's one of the best strategists in the Marvel Universe, power level doesn't really help in that area, for instance while Hulk is far more powerful than Cap he'd be an awful leader.

these.

I also don't know what people are saying "weak" for. I don't know why people call him "weak",especially one of the weakest in comics. I mean,that seems like a gross underestimation. Especially since,comparing someone like Cap to Thor in terms of strength doesn't exactly make much sense to me.

Also,Thor wouldn't be able to lead the Avengers NEARLY as effectively. And again,Cap IS one of the best street levelers there is...in terms of Thor,Hulk,etc he is weak. But he IS one of the best street levelers and capable of taking out people far stronger than him (easily,in many cases).Although that does depend on the person as well,but he still has nonetheless.

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (25009 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: He actually managed to pretty much humiliate Hulk in a fight once (I do mean 616 Hulk and Cap here) It was Professor Hulk so he wasn't at his strongest but Professor Hulk was still a class 100 guy.

#17 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he is Amazing! Cap is tough, smart, and possesses leadership skills and unmatched respect from other others.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (25009 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by TheMGR (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's the batman of marvel. Not a flash star respectful and incredibly OP for someone with only the peak of human abilities

#20 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

You know who should lead the Avengers? Black Panther.... yeah. He's the shiieeeett

#21 Edited by DwightSpitz (567 posts) - - Show Bio

You know who should lead the Avengers? Black Panther.... yeah. He's the shiieeeett

Most def! The Black Panther is quickly rising towards becoming my favorite Marvel character actually. They need to make a Panther movie.

#22 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@baberaham_lincoln said:

Most def! The Black Panther is quickly rising towards becoming my favorite Marvel character actually. They need to make a Panther movie.

I like BP, but eh....right now, he seems almost too high up there to be dealing with superhero business. He's like a king dealing with apocalyptic problems right now.

I'd definitely watch a Panther movie though. Based off Priest's run!

#23 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't wait till the make a black panther movie !

#24 Edited by DwightSpitz (567 posts) - - Show Bio
@veshark said:

He's like a king dealing with apocalyptic problems right now.

There we have a perfect movie. I'd much rather watch that than Avengers 2.

#25 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap is leader because he wants to.

Nuff said.

#26 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

i freaking knew it. i knew he was going to be a new guy going: 'gah he's not the strongest'. 10 year old mentallity. some days, the things newbies post ugh!!! make me breath fire.

#27 Posted by JetiiMitra (8784 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a scene in "Secret Wars" where Wolverine says something to the same effect: "He's the least of us, why should he lead?" Then a bunch of Avengers and a few non-Avengers hop on him and give a bunch of reasons why. Unfortunately, I don't have any scans though.

#28 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Because 'Murica.

#29 Posted by Edamame (28389 posts) - - Show Bio

He has the perfect personality for it. He simply has those leadership skills.

#30 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

i freaking knew it. i knew he was going to be a new guy going: 'gah he's not the strongest'. 10 year old mentallity. some days, the things newbies post ugh!!! make me breath fire.

If that was at me, that was a joke come on, I already posted why. Being a leader requires respect and Cap has a charisma that demands respect. He also has heart, he will never quit.

Cap has the characteristics of a leader that trump any situation.

#31 Edited by Jimishim12 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

The way I see, they have to make him leader, since he's not the Marvel U's face like Spidey and not as important to the company, Cap has to take on the leader role so he won't fade from irrelevancy from Spider-Man who is basically Cap America but better and funnier.