#1 Posted by krspaceT (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not asking if he's Democrat or Republican, I'm asking if people have ever tried to write a story with him, or mention him, having to deal with people trying to get him to endorse a certain idea. Has he ever had to weigh in on, say, gay marriage or some other political thing?

And has he ever expressed views on it. Or is more or less 'This is not my time so I am not going to impose my ideas on everyone?'

#2 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he always says he's loyal to nothing but the American Dream?

#3 Edited by War Killer (20102 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap upholds the foundations upon which this country was built. I don't believe he's either Republican or Demarcate but simply believes in what is best for the country and supports and it's citizens, standing for what he believes America should be rather than what politicians in Washington D.C. want it be for their own personal agendas.

Cap has shown multiple times that he doesn't support any one party and has stood for he believed America should be, most notable during the Civil War storyline and years before when he stepped down as Captain America and became Nomad.

#4 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's political values were briefly touched upon in a done-in-one issue of his original volume (#250).

Some people tried to get him to run for President of the United States. He declined.

#5 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

He sounds like a conservative leaning libertarian to me.

I have that issue.

I also have a Cap for president shirt.

#6 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America always came across to me as someone who believes in justice and equality and freedom -- so if there is a political party that holds true to those values and those values only, then that would be it. I don't think the Republicans or Democrats can claim that.

Politics and Captain America don't mix -- just like it should be.

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Captain America always came across to me as someone who believes in justice and equality and freedom -- so if there is a political party that holds true to those values and those values only, then that would be it. I don't think the Republicans or Democrats can claim that.

True! So true!

Bravo.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Ult Cap has

#9 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I support this message.

#10 Edited by cameron83 (7130 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I support this message.

Seconded