#1 Edited by GWHH (568 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought it was a bit odd that Capt. Americans Sleeps With The Descendants of Women He Has Know. Peggy Carter and her niece Sharon as the biggest example of that. There a few others in there (feel free to name them here). That I cant remember right now. But that one always seems a bit odd to me and to stand out the most among the others.

Capt. American seems to have no problems with it and neither do the women. But I wonder if they ever talked about it in the comics. I always thought it was a way for him to have a bond with the past. But it still a bit creepy!

What do you all think of that?

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel switching from Peggy to Sharon as Cap's love interest was a weak way to try to bridge the gap between World War II Cap stories written in the 60's and the then modern Cap stories written in the 60's, too.

You state Cap sleeps with descendants (plural) of former love interests. I don't think of Sharon as such (more like a relative) but what other "Descendants" are you referring to?

Maybe you're just trolling . . .

#3 Posted by GWHH (568 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I understood it. Sharon is a blood relative of Peggy. Am I wrong in this matter.

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24875 posts) - - Show Bio

Its just Sharron Carter, and its not like she's a blood relative of Cap so I don't see what the big deal is. It is a little weird but its not really much different than dating the cousin of an Ex.

#5 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

The only instance is Sharon and Peggy, she's Peggy's niece. I do remember an instance where Steve and Sharon talk about it, but not at length. All I remember is Sharon saying, in reference to Sharon looking so much like Peggy, "Thank god you got over that."

#6 Posted by chrisj_1 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: You don't think that's weird? I think that's weird I'd hate to go to my girls family parties and have to see my ex all the time. It's not even a time gap thing this is something that can happen in real life and I personally think it's weird.

#7 Posted by War Killer (20102 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: Yeah I remember that, it was from Captain America #1 from Brubaker's second Cap series following Steve taking the mantle back after Fear Itself.

I personally see it more of a way of showing that love can transcend through time, as Cap missed his chance with Peggy and Sharon was like his second chance at the love he never got to fully experience due to being frozen in a block of ice and presumed dead. While I guess some could think it was weird, it's not like he's dating Peggy's daughter or anything like that.

#8 Edited by War Killer (20102 posts) - - Show Bio

@chrisj_1 said:

@joshmightbe: You don't think that's weird? I think that's weird I'd hate to go to my girls family parties and have to see my ex all the time. It's not even a time gap thing this is something that can happen in real life and I personally think it's weird.

Well to be fair, it's not like Cap really had a choice in the matter. He didn't ask to be frozen in a block of ice for 70+ years only to find his former girlfriend now an old woman. Really, it would be weirder if Cap continued his relationship with Peggy as while yes he and she are about the same age, with him having the body of a early-to-mid twenty year old it would become awkward real quick.

Not to mention that even if he weren't dating Sharon and was dating another woman who was around Sharon's age, they would still be dating Steve Rogers who is literally over 100 years old. That right there could be considered weird on its own. :P

#9 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you seen agent 13 who wouldn't hit that!