#1 Posted by HushoftheWind (819 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Cap's Shield harm the Man of Steel?

#2 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Can it take a blow from Supes? Sure.

Can Cap's strength and the shield's durability harm Supes? I doubt it.

#3 Posted by Teerack (5430 posts) - - Show Bio

If someone like Shazam or Hulk threw it, than I'd assume it would hurt a bit.

#4 Edited by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

If Mjloner cant dent it, it must be strong so I think it can

#5 Edited by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

this is goofy

#6 Posted by TheMGR (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Not if thrown by cap

#7 Posted by The Stegman (23258 posts) - - Show Bio

@themgr said:

Not if thrown by cap

This

@teerack said:

and this.

If someone strong enough threw it, I'm sure it would hurt.

#8 Posted by Alak (925 posts) - - Show Bio

So a thought just ran through my mind. Cap's shield is supposed to absorb kinetic energy, making it easy for Steve to endure pretty powerful attacks. What if Superman was flying from orbit at maximum acceleration, and he struck a fully prepared Captain America? I'm pretty sure the shield will endure, but what will happen to its wielder? Would the entire force from the punch be absorbed by the shield? Would we see a similar effect like in the Avengers movie when Thor struck the shield with his hammer? I kind of want to see this happen now...

#9 Posted by SheenLantern (6268 posts) - - Show Bio

When Cap misses with the shield it barely makes dents in walls.

Clark wouldn't even feel it.

#10 Posted by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

Not unless someone close to Superman in strength hit him with it.

#11 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Would it hurt if it hit supes in the nuts?

I think so.

Depending on speed almost anything can be deadly.

#12 Posted by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

@themgr said:

Not if thrown by cap

This

@teerack said:

and this.

This ^.

#13 Posted by CHE_GUEVARA (51 posts) - - Show Bio

man of "steel" would be possibly sliced into two if the "vibranium" shield is thrown properly by someone powerful

#14 Posted by MasterBelmont (363 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it could knock him back quite a ways. Don't know if it would actually hurt him, though.

#15 Posted by MatteoPG (1921 posts) - - Show Bio

@zijuun said:

@the_stegman said:

@themgr said:

Not if thrown by cap

This

@teerack said:

and this.

This ^.

And as far as this goes....

@alak said:

So a thought just ran through my mind. Cap's shield is supposed to absorb kinetic energy, making it easy for Steve to endure pretty powerful attacks. What if Superman was flying from orbit at maximum acceleration, and he struck a fully prepared Captain America? I'm pretty sure the shield will endure, but what will happen to its wielder? Would the entire force from the punch be absorbed by the shield? Would we see a similar effect like in the Avengers movie when Thor struck the shield with his hammer? I kind of want to see this happen now...

THeoretically, if something could absorb and disperse any vibration and impact, it could withstand anything. Of course that would make said object too powerful in comics. So they just treat it like it can absorb some of the impact, a lot, but not all, so Cap receives some of the damage and force. For example he sometimes flies away after a powerful blow, which makes little sense if the shield actually absorbed all impact.

So with supes I would think that the blow would be reduced but still, with such a powerful blow, Cap would be seriously banged up.

#16 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not think it would hurt Cap....if you review cap books he has taken many massive hits behind the shield, will he be moved....yes.

#17 Posted by Bezza (3422 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not think it would hurt Cap....if you review cap books he has taken many massive hits behind the shield, will he be moved....yes.

Yeah, even this month in the new Cap America comic book "living legend", he takes a shell from a WW II tank and gets straight up and destroys the tank with the shield. He's battered Wolverine unconscious with it, despite Wolvie's adamantium laced skull, so sure, Superman would feel a direct hit from it..

#18 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm I don't think it could harm Superman in any serious way really, but I think Cap's shield could still pack a punch. It would definitely "smart".

But yeah obviously Cap stands no chance or really injuring Supes, much as I don't give a hoot about Superman he's so superpowerful so it is what it is. Cap could block a couple blows though I bet.

#19 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@themgr said:

Not if thrown by cap

This

@teerack said:

and this.

Agreed!

#20 Edited by CHE_GUEVARA (51 posts) - - Show Bio

supes would probably be soup.