Awesome Toy Picks: Captain America/Carol Danvers Marvel Legends Infinite Series Collection

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. We've seen Marvel action figures from some different companies and this week we're looking at the latest Marvel Legends Infinite Series 3-pack from Hasbro.

No Caption Provided

This is a Target exclusive. It was released a month or so ago for $50.00. That seems like a lot but it's actually not a bad deal when you consider you're getting three figures. Single figures are close to $20 these days.

What's interesting is the selection of figures. You get Captain America, Carol Danvers (in her Ms. Marvel costume), and Radioactive Man. It's obvious that the average Target shopper won't likely know who Ms. Marvel or Radioactive Man are. I'm always intrigued by the description they put on the back.

No Caption Provided

With just the vaguest of descriptions, this could be an introduction to the two characters for many. You'd have to wonder how many people would buy this exclusive set if they didn't know the other characters. Not surprisingly, the set did go on clearance for $30. It's sold out online but maybe you can still find a set at your local Target. You can definitely find them on eBay.

Captain America

No Caption Provided

Chances are you may already own a Captain America figure. I was hesitant about buying this just because I do have a few. There is a slightly different sculpt to the figure.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There's a more movie/Ultimate Universe feel to him. The shield has silver instead of white. He doesn't have the wings sticking out on his mask (he hasn't had those in a long time). There's also a lot going on with him. He has a lot hanging off his belt. His gloves and boots are the more practical versions as well.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Cap figure does come with an unmasked head. You can also put the shield on his back. It just clips onto his arm. The clip rotates slightly so you can stick a peg in the hole on his back.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It's a decent figure. I'm always on the fence with the Marvel Legends figures. The articulation is nice but I'm not a fan of the stomach articulation. I think it leaves too noticeable of a joint. But the figure can easily stand on it's own so it's easy to pose.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Radioactive Man

No Caption Provided

Radioactive Man. Really? This seemed like a really odd choice to me. I guess on one hand, chances are you don't own a Radioactive Man figure. I never really thought I'd own one or really wanted to. But again, it's great to see a non-common character included. We always see the same few characters as figures so it's cool to see another one.

The main reason he's an odd choice is because it's so hard to figure out if he's a hero or a villain. He keeps flip-flopping what he wants to do.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The unfortunate thing about the figure is the attempt to make him appear radioactive. You can easily see his joints and through the plastic. The other thing is the paint job. I've heard that was a common thing with this set. Many suffered from sub-par paint jobs. If you do find this set in stores, you'll have to be careful. If you can only get it online, good luck.

Radioactive Man is also wearing his skirt. How many figures do you have wearing a skirt?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It's a little weird that he has a hole in his back. Maybe Cap will let him carry his shield for him.

No Caption Provided

The figure did remind me a little of my Mucus Tick figure.

No Caption Provided

Ms. Marvel

No Caption Provided

We all know Carol Danvers no longer goes by Ms. Marvel. Perhaps Hasbro was unaware. We know there is a Carol as Captain Marvel figure coming out this year in the Marvel Legends line (you can see it HERE). I suppose it's nice having one of her in her former costume if you don't already have one. Some have been made over the years.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It's a pretty good sculpt. I would say the figure is a little skinny with pretty big boobs. But we are talking about a comic book character so it's not surprising. It's not the most practical costume but there is that sense of nostalgia, even though it hasn't been that long since she last wore it.

No Caption Provided

It is a nice touch that her sash isn't simply painted on. It's a little loose so it can move around a bit.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Looking at the figure, you do notice that it is pretty ridiculous. It's like she wore a bathing suit with thigh-high boots and long gloves. You can also notice the unfortunate joints in her legs. I always say, there's such a thing as too much articulation. The price you pay is the obvious joints and seams.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It's a nice set, especially if you've been looking for any of these characters or simply are a fan of the Infinite Series. I'm not completely sold. There are some minor problems with the seams and paint job. I just thought it was cool to have a Carol Danvers figure and now I can say I actually own a Radioactive Man figure.

No Caption Provided

Check out your local Target store to see if they still have any. As mentioned, it could be in the clearance section. You can find it on eBay but it'd likely be closer to the $50 mark.

Let us know what you think of these figures and if you own them yourselves. We'll have another item featured next time.

AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Carol Danvers as Ms. Marvel FTW!

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would rather give 10 extra bucks get three Legends figures of my own choice with extra gear.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By donmeca2020

I seen this set around, however im no fan of radioactive man or carol.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the heck is radioactive man wearing a mask? Its not as if there are a ton of green skinned people running aroun...oh wait never mind

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

While I don't collect figures, now I DO want a "Mucus Tick" one. Ha! Although I do agree, kind of neat seeing a character not well known ( to some non-comic book readers) like Radioactive Man as a figure.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Wow. Mucus Tick is definitely bringing back Saturday morning memories. Too bad about Radioactive Man though.

Do you have a Simpson's Radioactive Man figure? You could make them fight.

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's nice to see Carol in her iconic costume and not this generic new one, they really overdid it with articulation points though. Theres really no need being able to do yoga with your action figures...

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Ms.Marvel was supposed to come out years ago before the re-design and temporary surge of popularity of Captain Marvel but got cancelled after kids didn't buy the female figures they had released before X-Mutants/Marvels Madams. This is also why in Winter Solider/GOG lines Black Widow & gamora was rarest.

Pretty much only collectors will would buy them (much like this pack).

Maybe Captain Marvel will popular with tumblr fans (that said they only 10% of tumblr fans actually buy the captain marvels and other 90% reblog or draw fan art so maybe it won't sell that well either).

Captain America is repack of ultimate captain america from a few years ago.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's the costume that so many decided was never any good when she got the current ugly one.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

There is no such thing as too much articulation on an action figure

If you want a seamless sculpt, buy a statue

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By cloudguy

It sucks that these don't come out in the UK.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a very good review. First off, it sound like the reviewer is biased and just flat out doesn't like Marvel Legends figures. I love the Marvel Legends line, but I also buy The New 52 DC Figures. They're both great lines but have some very distinct differences. The DC figures are more detailed sculpts but less articulated, and about 7 inches tall. Marvel figures have more articulation (the perfect amount in my opinion), still very good sculpts and detail, some with interchangeable hands and heads (accessories!), and stand about 6 inches tall. If you want to be able to pose your collection then marvel legends are better in that instance. I will point out the paint application on some of the Legends has recently gotten sloppy, but my Captain America/Ms. Marvel/Radioactive Man 3-Pack was fine.

The Captain America figure is just a reissue of a Ultimate Captain America figure from a previous line with a few changes. The wings are now painted on the head, it comes with a Steve Rogers swap head, he has stars on his shoulders, blue pants instead of gray, and a different "vest/harness". It's a bit weird since ultimate captain america should have the stars on his shoulder. So while it's still a nice figure with plenty of accessories, I'd give it a 6/10 just due to the fact a lot of us already the ultimate version of this figure, but we're having to buy it again to get the other two figures in this 3-pack.

The Radioactive Man figure is really darn cool. Marvel Legends don't make many villains, so getting one is always a bit rewarding. Who cares if Radioactive Man has flipped flopped between villain and hero? what does that have to do with the figure? I love the translucent green since it gives him that radioactive look. The joints are a little more noticeable, but not in a way that overpowers the coolness the figure. I think the joints are more noticeable in these photos than they are in person. If you collect Marvel legends, then you know they recycle body molds, which is perfectly fine with most collectors. If the mold is a good one why not reuse it? Radioactive Man uses the more muscular body mold, which guys like Luke Cage and Hyperion also use. The hole in Radioactive man's back is there from when they first used this mold for Hyperion and attached his cape there. The 2 best things about this figure is that it was once canceled but now collectors have a chance to get it, and secondly, he's one of the original Masters of Evil in case your into team building! (Which i am). 9/10

Ms. Marvel. I'm sure Hasbro is perfectly aware that Carol doesn't use this costume or code name anymore. Doesn't mean us collectors don't want both! I'm stoked to have a Carol figure from her Ms. Marvel days and I can't wait to get her Captain Marvel figure too! Sound like the reviewer thinks Hasbro should only put out "current" figures? Sound fans prefer this version, some fans prefer her newer costume. The figure itself is really cool. Great body mold for Carol's body type, nicely sculpted face, great articulation, and the sash is well done. 9/10

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Saren

Look, Flubber is wearing clothes

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

A solid pack but barring Radioactive Man (a retool of Luke Cage) there is no need for me to bother tracking this down. I already have a Marvel Legends Steve and I am looking forward to the Captain Marvel Carol coming soon

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jorgeareizaga

boring set, Catpain america again =(

And Ms Marvel and Radioactive man are mediocre characters

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arieswarlock: I honestly prefer her as Ms Marvel. She's her own hero!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Radioactive Man is gonna be a contender for kid friendly action figure of the year with Grim Reaper.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked this up when it went half price because I wanted Carol. Thank goodness, because Cap's shield broke first thing. Not to mention Cap is a little too muscle builder gone out of control for me. The Radioactive man figure is cool, but I'm not particularly interested in him.

Carol is what I wanted and she's pretty neat, but she does have some paint issues. Guess I need to find where my black paint went off to to patch her up...

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no such thing as too much articulation on an action figure

If you want a seamless sculpt, buy a statue

Thisthisthisthis.

I'm a huge Marvel Legends guy. The sculpts on the Marvel Selects look nice but they're too big and you can't do any interesting poses with their limited articulation.

Always like the toy reviews, Tony.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By slade_wilson
tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't do so in my first post but respect to Marvel for putting a female figure in the box. It will be good for families who seek female figures in value packs like these.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can clearly see the joints. Wish they did a better job covering the joints up.