Posted by _HYDRA_ (158 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: 616 Captain America Chaotic Good or Lawful Good? (12 votes)

He's Lawful Good 83%
He's Chaotic Good 17%

#1 Posted by PowerHerc (85523 posts) - - Show Bio

Of these options Captain America is closest to "Lawful Good" but, as Civil War showed, when he believes a law to be wrong/immoral, he will ignore and/or oppose it. I'd describe Captain America as "Moral Good."

#2 Posted by Joygirl (20026 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral Good. Boosh.

#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Of these options Captain America is closest to "Lawful Good" but, as Civil War showed, when he believes a law to be wrong/immoral, he will ignore and/or oppose it. I'd describe Captain America as "Moral Good."

Agreed, he has done this in the past, going as far as giving up the Captain America mantle on occasion.

#4 Posted by tg1982 (2734 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Neutral Good. Boosh.

This. He'll generally obey the laws but if they are wrong or unjust, he'll not hesitate to go against them for the greater good.

#5 Posted by spider11211 (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

Moral good, since the law is not always right or moral.

#6 Edited by Dernman (16450 posts) - - Show Bio

He's Neutral Good although lots of modern writers write him OOC as Lawful Good.

#7 Posted by spider11211 (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sorry I just do not see him as Neutral Good, can you explain why you think he fits this category?

#8 Edited by Joygirl (20026 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211: "A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them."

#9 Posted by spider11211 (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Based on that response I cannot agree with Cap being Neutral Good. He fits portions of this but he will also work against them for the greater good. This leads me to Moral Good.

#10 Posted by tigerkaya (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Think panels places his position on the chart best.

#11 Edited by spider11211 (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

That supports my Moral Good opinion

photo original.gif