Wikis starting new paragraph on links.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

I've come across two wiki pages that wherever there was a hyperlink in the text it was treated as a separate paragraph.

No Caption Provided

This page, Thunder Agents(team page), and Metamorpho(character page) are the only instances I know of. The latter I edited and just condensed into normal paragraphs since I thought it was just odd formatting. After finding the Thunder Agents page had the same thing going on I figured I'd post here if for no other reason just to give people a heads up or maybe find an answer to the problem.

I was using the latest version of Chrome when I came across this but I've opened up the page in the latest version of IE and found the problem persists.

I don't see this bug(if that's actually what it is) as harmful or annoying really but it just makes the wikis for lack of a better term ugly.

In my browsing If I come across any other pages this way I'll post.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@doomdoomdoom: this is a very well know and long time bug with no fix other then users manually fixing the paragraphs. Basically what happened is that when the wiki was converted over to the new platform paragraph tags were mysteriously wrapped around links and formatted text (bold & italic), it didn't happen to every page on the site but at least 40% of them so it is wide-scale so if you see them just fix them if you can no need to report them.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Thanks for the information. I've backed off of larger wiki submissions and have just been editing wikis for spelling basically but I'll fix any I come across.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@doomdoomdoom: not a lot of people fix the pages any more, it is a lot of work and you only get one point so most users do it for a little while and then just give up probably out of frustration. I was fixing every one I saw for the first couple months after the relaunch but eventually I had to prioritize and focus on my other projects so good luck with it :)

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Well if you come across one you don't have time to handle link it to me in a message and I'll tackle it when I can.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pikahyper  Moderator

@doomdoomdoom: I see dozens every day so I don't see that happening :P

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@doomdoomdoom: oh and there are two types of these pages, one is like your screenshot where it shows it on the regular page but the other more common type only looks like that in edit mode and it displays as normal when viewing the page. From what I've seen and my testing the type from your screenshot happens when an affected page gets edited once or twice and saved without the sentences being put back together it then becomes visible at all times.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand. Happy editing!