What's up with the review section?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Why can't I create them? It won't let me and one I made earlier today, before it got all weird, doesn't show up under my reviews list. I would like to know as I spend time on them and actually had a bunch planned for today.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@extremis: the site is going through updates and it is a challenge, before posting in BR in the future please look for similar threads as there is already over two dozen below yours for update related bugs and some of them are specifically about the reviews. Reviews were reportedly fixed a few hours ago but now I see they are gone again so something must have happened, it is the middle of the night now so it should be fixed tomorrow sometime.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jslack  Moderator

@extremis@pikahyper Hey there! Thanks for reporting.

I just made a review and it worked. Before, it was broken during the creation, because of an invalid form. Now, it's working well. Are you referring to an issue displaying them on some page, or on creating them?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@jslack: user reviews no longer show on issue pages and the button to make one is gone as well.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@pikahyper: i see the reviews, what issue are you checking? We don't allow you to do user reviews on issues that have a store date in the future (the button was there before, but didn't do anything).

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pikahyper  Moderator

@mrpibb: ah I see, I do see a problem though, it doesn't show up on issue pages where the in store date is today or when there is no in store date added.

Is this restriction enabled for staff members? cause I know they do reviews based of off pre-release review copies sometimes and if they are forced to change the in store date so they can add their review it isn't good for the wiki integrity.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

staff reviews are a separate special object that ignores that constraint. I'll setup a change to allow user reviews to be done the day or day before. For no in-store date, let me check w/ Tony.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@mrpibb: everything has an in store date but since the change to two date areas for issues a lot of them are missing so users should be able to add a review without an in store date listed. I can't see that aspect being abused by reviewers, it is pretty rare for regular users to review things early and those that have have all been pretty obvious because of online piracy and we just delete those.

Edit: plus nothing new and from the US is added without dates these days.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Yeah it didn't seem to be working when I tried to make one.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sorry, trying to get out a couple of things with this push. May be another hour before we get out a release (we're on the nasty ones that hide in the corners which you need a bendy straw to get at).

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reviews still not working. I'm sure you guys are working on it. What happened?

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mrpibb

Sorry, we had a last minute blocker that's still blocking, let me try to get a fix out now for tonight.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: they should be up now, pm / @ reply if you see issues!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers