Video Ads Playing

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Are the video ads supposed to play randomly? I have the site up in my tabs of pages while I'm at work and suddenly I'll hear an ad playing loudly. I have to scroll all the way back up to the page to turn off the volume every time this happens. Pretty annoying. Is that how the ads are supposed to work?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

@arinya: They definitely aren't supposed to auto-play with audio. If you see one of these, can you take a screenshot and email it to support@comicvine.com? I can pass them along to our ad team to try and get them removed. Sorry for the trouble!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@rorie: @arinya: That's been happening to me too for quite some time. Always thought it was supposed to be that way.

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Arinya

@rorie: When I go to the ads the sound icon says it's on mute but I have to rollover over them to turn off the volume. Really annoying. It's all of them!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: @arinya: Just make sure to send me screenshots of the ads to support@comicvine.com so that I can pass them along to the ad team to get them removed. Sorry for the trouble.

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Arinya

Ugh...even worse when you want to watch you guys video...hope you fix this soon. =(

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#7  Edited By wildvine

Yes. So much yes.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: @arinya: I've forwarded along images of the ads I've gotten to the ad team, but more are always welcome. Support@comicvine.com.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This is happening to me a lot now. What's up with these ads auto playing? I can't take screen shots because the ads are of a black screen. They also don't play normally either, they have scattered sketchy audio.