Very aggressive with advertisement or a bug?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

This started happening to me only from today. Every thread I click, the first thing that opens up is advertisement. I have to close than window and click on the same thread again and finally the thread opens.

What I am wondering is, because this happened to me only recently, is it a bug or has comicvine gone way more aggressive with the ads? Now if it is the latter and comicvine has gotten more aggressive with the ads then I suppose its okay, I understand that it would be necessary for financial reasons.

If its not so and this is just a bug then perhaps someone can help me out with it.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller: I will be honest, I was trying not to. But if things gets really difficult I guess I would not be left with any other options.

I mean, I come here quite often and enjoy it. If me having to see few ads helps comicvine I am all for helping as long as the ads don't get too intrusive. I hope this is a bug rather than just aggressive advertisement strategy.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It sounds a lot like adware, I had it once before. Does this happen with any other site you go on or just ComicVine?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man: Its actually happening to other sites as well. Would you have any suggestions for this?

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like a virus

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998 said:

@m_man: Its actually happening to other sites as well. Would you have any suggestions for this?

You could try using some adware/malware scanners. I think I used the free trial version of HitmanPro to get rid of mine but I'm not sure.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man: Thank you so much. I tried what you said and it seemed to have work. I really appreciate the help.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper@rorie@mrpibb Hey there friends, would you be kind enough to lock this. I realized it was a bug from my end rather than a bug from comicvine. Thanks to the suggestions I received in this thread it's worked out well.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks in advance.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man: Thank you so much. I tried what you said and it seemed to have work. I really appreciate the help.

np. Malwares are annoying as hell.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#12 pikahyper  Moderator