Unable To Post/Profile Images Not Showing

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Mercy_

Alright, so this happened earlier and I thought it had gotten fixed, but it's happening again now.

My avatar image is broken on my profile and whenever I try and post in the forums, I get the 'whoops, something happened' error message. These bugs always coincide with each other.

Chrome 28.0.1500.71. on Windows 7

No Caption Provided

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems to be working now.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

@mercy_: Yeah, I think that @mrpibb rolled back a push from earlier in the day that broke some stuff. Sorry for the trouble.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

we've rolled the stuff back out w/ a bug fix and will continue to monitor. Please holler if you see stuff like yesterday, but the logs don't show the issues we saw previously. sorry for the inconvenience.

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hi there i think this is happening again, when you upload images it works on your profile but when you go to post them into the forum they don't show up for some reason.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rorie

@kiss_lamia: I just uploaded and embedded that one fine - what precisely happens when you attempt to post an image? What browser are you using?

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@rorie: hi there again it was yesterday i would try and post and image and it would not show up at all, but it seems to be working now :)

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiss_lamia: OK, no worries, probably just a hiccup somewhere. Let me know if it happens again.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I can't post IMAGES and it's MAD ANNOYING!

Sincerly

( + )

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rorie

@yung_ancient_one: What exactly is happening when you try to do so? Are you trying to upload new images or post from your previous uploads? What browser are you using?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rorie: i cant insert an image. i click video and it works just fine, but nothing happens when i click image.

I can't post IMAGES and it's MAD ANNOYING!

Sincerly

( + )

me too,

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: If i can upload a picture I would to show you but there are several things that happen.

One is that once I click the (IMG) button, ComicVine freezes on me. It is in between being able to post a picture. I always reload my tab and my post is gone. I need to retype my post because I tried to add a picture.

Other times, I get a box that says "Click and Drag your Image here" which I've tried to do but nothing happens.

Rarely do I get the regular box that offers me options to add my photo to the post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Previous] [URL] [My Computer] and [Search Site]

Which leads to the original problem I had that I never posted about having. Since the comicvine reboot I cannot post pictures from the "search site" or "previous uploads" options. I would only post pictures from my computer and from the URL option.

Why? Because when I would use the "search site" or "previous upload" options I could not reach/find the "Post Picture" button. I would scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, and the "post picture" option was never in reach or not there.

It always annoyed me so I would open another tab find the picture from this site and use the URL. I'd then use the URL option and use the URL. It was annoying but at least I could post pictures.

NOW! Since it has been a consistent problem, I can't post a Image at all. I didn't mind at first but every now and then it really bothers me.

I always use FireFox but I've tried using Chrome, and Explorer. I have the same problem on Chrome, Explorer, and FireFox. I would guess it is my account but any other browsers I am not aware of, I'm down to try them.

I hope this isn't too confusing.

Thank You for your time.

( + )

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: Alright, I'll file a bug for this and see if the engineers can figure it out. If you have the opportunity, try logging in on another computer and posting an image from another machine; that might help us determine if the problem is with your account or with your PC/Mac.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#16 pikahyper  Moderator

@yung_ancient_one: can you take a screenshot and then email it to the engineers at support@comicvine.com? If so please include your username in the subject (like "Yung ANcient One image uploader bug") and a link to this thread so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I will try to post a picture from my campus library 2moro if I have a chance. I will definitely try by the end of the week but I am not to sure about 2moro.

@yung_ancient_one: can you take a screenshot and then email it to the engineers at support@comicvine.com? If so please include your username in the subject (like "Yung ANcient One image uploader bug") and a link to this thread so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Duly Noted. I will try to capture all 3 situations that happen. However, my problem is a bit random. I never know which issue I will get, whether it's the "Half-way freezing" the "drag image" or the "no-post-reply."

Again

I appreciate your time.

I had this problem for a while but I just let it slide to not be a bother but I reached my boiling point the other day.

Thank You again

( + )

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pikahyper  Moderator

@yung_ancient_one: no worries, whatever needs to be done to get it working you gotta do it. If you are able install Jing, it is a screen capture program and you can record video and take still images and you can upload the files directly to their own storage site for free if you sign up at screencast.com, going this route should simplify things as it is a very simple to use program and it handles all the work for you, push a couple of buttons, upload and then post the links here, quick and easy and we can get a better idea of what is going on.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I just sent the e-mail, I also signed up for an account on screencast.com, and I am currently trying to download Jing.

( + )

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Yung ANcient One
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pikahyper  Moderator
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Yes they are selecting but I can't find or reach the "post image" button. The video shows the bottom of my screen, there isn't anything left to see.

( + )

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@yung_ancient_one: oh I see ok, what is your resolution? You can find that at that support details site I linked to before.

Do all your buttons normally look like that? with the text highlighted before you highlighted everything. I don't use the dark theme but I don't think the editor buttons are supposed to look like that or be all square like that.

oh and in the future you might want to mute your recordings, your mic picked up what I'm guessing was your family making a meal or some such.

Edit: I'm looking at the editor in Firefox using the dark theme and it looks nothing like what yours does, what version of Firefox are you using? You can find out at that support details site. The only time I can't see the Select Images button is when my resolution is set to an extremely small size that shouldn't be possible on a modern computer.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@pikahyper: No it usually doesn't look like "THAT" but when I clicked to record I accidentally highlighted the buttons, hence "THAT" look.

Which link do I use to check my resolution?

I think I'm using the newest version of FireFox but I am not too sure. I haven't "updated" in a while.

I will check.

EDIT: I just found out I am using 1024 X 600.

I'm going to try and discover what version of FireFox I am using.

( + )

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pikahyper  Moderator

@yung_ancient_one: hmm 1024x 600 should be big enough, when you shot that video was it full screen or did you shrink it down?

you can find out your firefox version at that support details site.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I am certain that I shot the video full screen knowing it would be difficult to believe.

does this site

always say "screen resolution 1024x 600" or is it saying that just for me?

If it doesn't always say that then I am using FireFox 23.0

( + )

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@yung_ancient_one: something just seems off and it isn't supportdetails.com as it is correct, my res is at 1600x900. Can you take a full screen screenshot picture of everything with this page in the browser?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pikahyper  Moderator
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@pikahyper: Forgive me for the wait. I tried and failed to shoot several videos.

Heres One

Number DOS

EDIT: I did forget to check my account on my campus computers to see if it is a problem on my account or my laptop.

( + )

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pikahyper  Moderator
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pikahyper  Moderator

looking at that last video I'm pretty sure something is wrong with your resolution, it is reading at the right dimensions but in reality it looks like 600x480, has everything always been so large on your screen? try hitting ctrl+0 (zero) and see if that changes anything. If not that you might have some video card driver problems.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@pikahyper: How do I fix my video card driver?

( + )

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pikahyper  Moderator

@yung_ancient_one: so the ctrl+0 didn't work?

the difficulty depends on what kind of video card and what your operating system is, it could be as easy as uninstalling them and rebooting or you may need to download updated drivers and install them. Do you have any friends that are good with computers that could help you out?

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper:

Nah I don't. I'm the most computer savy guy in my group. I'm the geek. They're the jocks, badboys, gangstas, mac's, and et cetera.

How can I find out what is my video card and what is my operating system?

Thank you for your time. It is very much appreciated.

I think I found another new way to post pictures. It is a bit of a hassle but hey... better than nothing.

Imma try to record it XP

( + )

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pikahyper  Moderator

@yung_ancient_one: Jing does pictures too.

You can find your operating system on that support details site.

As for finding out your video card download and install an app called Speccy, run that and under the video card section you should find the detailed specs on your video card and that should help you find the right driver, you just gotta be careful not to install the wrong one. If you really have a gateway computer you might try looking up the model number as most computer manufacturers have pages for each model and have links to all the drivers.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Operating System is Windows 7. I'm using a laptop all I can see is that it has a "hp" logo on it. It also has a sticker of some sort that shows a logo

___________________-

"(intel)

Atom

inside"

Plus, it shows on the other side "(hp) Mini 210-1050NR"

I don't know if that helps.

BTW thanks a lot you've been a great deal of help. Again, I appreciate it very much.

( + )

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@yung_ancient_one: ah you are on a mini, that explains a few things, doesn't explain your screen problems though. Ok go here (this is laptops drivers page) and select your operating system (Windows 7) if it isn't already selected, scroll down to the Driver - Graphics section and hit the plus sign, download the first file listed (Intel Mobile Graphics Driver) if you've never updated your drivers that should be a newer version, once downloaded install it and follow the prompts then reboot, hopefully you won't have any more problems.

If the res looks funky after reboot you may have to adjust your settings so click the Start button and type "resolution" in the search field without the quotes and hit enter, select the "Adjust screen resolution" applet. When it opens click the Resolution drop down and move the slider to the top that should be your max resolution and then hit ok and reboot.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@pikahyper:

No Caption Provided

Honestly, I appreciate very much... I mean totally appreciate the time you took to help me out. I cannot thank you enough so thanks. However to be honest, I am still having a problem with the "Search Site" option see. That being said, I am still entirely grateful because my account/laptop/img button/whatever is in a WAY better condition than before. I can now upload my previous post which to me was more annoying than not being able to post my previous ones more than not being able to use the "search site" option. I always used the "URL" option to replace the "search site" option so again THANK YOU MAN.

Your AWEsome for taking so much of your time to help me out.

I hope you have a great day 2moro and a DOPE ass 3-day weekend.

Thanks again

EDIT:

I am now dedicating my next 10 post with pictures because of this success.

THANK YOU!

( + )

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pikahyper  Moderator

@yung_ancient_one: You are welcome but don't give up yet, still gotta get that button viewable, this next bit will take a bit of under the hood configuring in Firefox, since you are using a mini laptop Firefox is putting your tabs below the url bar, this first trick should move them above it like it should be, open up a new tab in Firefox and type about:config and hit enter and ignore the warning, next you are going to search for two strings and set them both to true:

• browser.tabs.onTop
  • browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar

set both to true if they aren't already and that should give you another 22px of height. Next click the big orange Firefox button and go to Options and hover over the right arrow, in the sub-menu unselect Bookmarks Toolbar and that'll give you another 24px of height. The 44px pixels you save should be enough to see the select button.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Just for an update. I typed "about:config", ignored the warning (actually I took it seriously but like it said I "promised to be safe"), I switched one of them true since the other one was already "true", and I unselected the Bookmarks Toolbar. I got the 44px of height but it is still not enough.

I truly, honestly, coldheartedly (inventing words is AWEsome) totally APPRECIATE your help. I have a mini man so I have to deal with the issue at least now I can definitely post pictures. I have a weird problem but I can take it from here.

No Caption Provided

Again, I cannot thank you enough SO
THANKS

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

( + )

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers