Unable to change issue's titles

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Going through some of the books this week that were just added with out titles, I'm trying to edit them in, but there seems to be no way to change them once they're posted. Not really a bug, I guess, but more of a missing feature.

LtSquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2 LtSquigs  Moderator

This is restricted to moderators and staff right now. To avoid people vandalizing the wiki (like for instance changing an issue name on the front door to something explicit)

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Fhiz

@ltsquigs: Oh alright, so for any changes needed to be made, I should report the changes on the editing forum?

LtSquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By LtSquigs  Moderator

Yeah, for now. May change things later if issues are the kind of thing that need to have their titles updated a lot (maybe wiki points based? would be a high barrier)

jinxuandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

@ltsquigs: It would be nice to be able to edit title names for the purpose of filling in details of older titles as well. To be honest it's unlikely I would bother the mods every time I make an issue edit.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#6  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
@ltsquigs said:

Yeah, for now. May change things later if issues are the kind of thing that need to have their titles updated a lot (maybe wiki points based? would be a high barrier)

We never had a problem on the old site with users abusing it in the way you suggest, some times users would add redundant data but never anything explicit, titles may not be updated very often but at least half of the comic issues on this site do not have titles added at all and they are mostly old comics so that means users have to request every single time just so the titles can be added to issues that didn't previously have any titles. Making it point based does have some merit but it would have to be higher then the 5k live edit barrier now that point rewards are higher and it shouldn't be an X amount of points on the specific page either as issues don't get edited enough for that.