The Top Users List Not Working

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

For the last 2-3 days, the Top Users List does not work. Instead of showing the top 50, the second 50, etc, it only shows Moderators and their point totals.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

@catfightfan: I think this is part of a bug where users aren't currently searchable. I'll add it to that bug to ensure that an engineer can look into it. Sorry for the trouble!

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Apparently this problem is not directly related to the issue of searching. While the search engine has been fixed, when one clicks on the 183,000+ figure (# of total users), the list that pops up is still messed up and no longer shows the top users, #1-50 on pg 1, #51-100 on pg 2, etc. like it formerly did. Thanks much....

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator

Is there any plan to fix the Top Users list? I know it's better than it was a while ago, at least there is a list, but it's not live/updated. It's too bad this function was lost in the various updates.

Also on a somewhat related matter, if you go to Users (top menu on the site) > Moderators, it brings you to the Top Users list, not a Mod list.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#5 pikahyper  Moderator

@owie: it is planned, I bug them about it from time to time and it was actually brought back online for a day a two last month but it was taken back down with no explanation so probably for performance issues like most things. As for the mod link that is also known but I'm not sure if they plan on making a new page for that or if they are just going to delete the link.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 owie  Moderator

@pikahyper: OK, thanks for the info. It's nice to have the list, I like to set myself goals by it for the wiki--to stay in the top 50 or whatever. So it would be nice to have it back eventually.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#7 pikahyper  Moderator

@owie: many people agree including myself, without the online friends widget it is really the only thing we had to see what our peers were doing and where we were in rankings so its loss is another massive blow to the sense of community and friendship we have on this site.