The Site Sometimes Cuts Off My Wall Posts Unexpectedly

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Soooo I posted a reply about this glitch on a thread in this section a few days ago and told a few mods about it but seeing no one understands this I thought I'd make a thread.

It seems ever since the update I have trouble posting on people's walls. Even if it's under 200 characters sometimes the system cuts out my post. I never know when this happens until I submit my post.

At first I thought maybe I submitted my posts too fast which is why the system cuts it short so I tried waiting for a few moments before submitting it but that doesn't seem to work. I still write on people's walls but keep it extremely short as I'm afraid if I write a lengthy wallpost it'll be cut out despite being under 200 characters so I've been mostly sticking to messaging.

Don't know if it helps but I use Mozilla Firefox for my browser.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@samimista: have you tried clearing your cache? I haven't had this happen to me or heard of it happening to anyone else, I'm not sure what could even cause that kind of problem in a way that wouldn't be site-wide for all users unless it is you cache.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Samimista

@pikahyper said:

@samimista: have you tried clearing your cache? I haven't had this happen to me or heard of it happening to anyone else, I'm not sure what could even cause that kind of problem in a way that wouldn't be site-wide for all users unless it is you cache.

I don't believe so. Not even sure what that is. I know of clearing history. I'll try this when I get home. Currently on and off for a few hours.

EDIT: I see the cache is apart of clearing history. I'll try clearing it out now (though I tend to do so often) and see how my luck with wall posts goes.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@samimista: your cache stores images and site related files so the site loads quicker, sometimes the cache does not update to newer versions of files and I think the CV files are getting updated a lot while all the bug fixing is going on so you might be using old versions of files, corrupt versions or mismashed old+new versions, clearing the cache out will force your browser to download fresh copies.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Samimista

@pikahyper:Oh! That I didn't know. Makes a lot of sense because like you said, it doesn't seem anyone else is having this problem. I might try using the site on another browser to experiment. Gonna clear it now and see how it goes. Many thanks.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pikahyper  Moderator

@samimista: testing with another browser is a good idea too :)

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Samimista

@pikahyper: Just wrote on two friends walls right now. So far so good. =) I didn't know the cache would affect what goes on the site.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pikahyper  Moderator

@samimista: did you switch to another browser or clear your cache? the cache is pretty important though.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Samimista

@samimista: did you switch to another browser or clear your cache? the cache is pretty important though.

Just the cache. Actually gotta get off after writing this. At my brothers' house right now. I'll try Chrome later on too.